ROLL TIDE!

One more game, Bama!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
I think harbaugh is going to win a national championship this year and start being competitive. Actually I don't think I hope.

I want what you got.

I think you will have to wait another year. Bama is rolling this year!! Not only is the offense clicking, the true freshman QB is a dual threat beast, the defense is killing it!!

Best number from the season so far? 11 That is the number of nonoffensive TDs Bama has scored. Of the 11 starters on defense, 7 of them have scored a TD!!

Bring on A&M!!
I just hope Michigan gets to play bama in the final 4. As rowdy Roddy Piper used to say, "if you want to be the best you got to beat the best.". Or was it Rick flair who said if you want to be the man you got to beat the man

I really want payback on Ohio State, but if Michigan beats them, it will make for a great matchup.

One more game, Bama!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
I think harbaugh is going to win a national championship this year and start being competitive. Actually I don't think I hope.

I want what you got.

I think you will have to wait another year. Bama is rolling this year!! Not only is the offense clicking, the true freshman QB is a dual threat beast, the defense is killing it!!

Best number from the season so far? 11 That is the number of nonoffensive TDs Bama has scored. Of the 11 starters on defense, 7 of them have scored a TD!!

Bring on A&M!!
I just hope Michigan gets to play bama in the final 4. As rowdy Roddy Piper used to say, "if you want to be the best you got to beat the best.". Or was it Rick flair who said if you want to be the man you got to beat the man

I really want payback on Ohio State, but if Michigan beats them, it will make for a great matchup.
Look how fast msu went bad as soon as Jim harbaugh hit the scene. He's going to compete with bama and osu that you can be sure. But I understand if we want to be the best it'll have to be against bama. You guys are so good its not fair.

Msu better enjoy that miracle win against uofm last year because it'll probably be a long time before msu makes the final 4 again.

One more game, Bama!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

I want what you got.

Bring on A&M!!

Look how fast msu went bad as soon as Jim harbaugh hit the scene. He's going to compete with bama and osu that you can be sure. But I understand if we want to be the best it'll have to be against bama. You guys are so good its not fair.

Msu better enjoy that miracle win against uofm last year because it'll probably be a long time before msu makes the final 4 again.

As bad as MSU was embarrassed by Bama, they probably had rather they didn't make that final four.

One more game, Bama!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

I want what you got.

Bring on A&M!!

Rumor has it Roll Tides players are 30 when they graduate, making them the oldest undergraduates in the nation. They may be good at football, but lacking in the brain category. It is said most players major in flipping model homes. Just saying'.

I want what you got.

Bring on A&M!!

Rumor has it Roll Tides players are 30 when they graduate, making them the oldest undergraduates in the nation. They may be good at football, but lacking in the brain category. It is said most players major in flipping model homes. Just saying'.

Haters gotta hate. That is not a rumor.

As for Bama student athletes, they have very high graduation rates. Saban doesn't allow them to coast in their classes any more than he allows them to coast at practice. But I understand why you want to attack the academics. Just sayin.

Bring on A&M!!

As for Bama student athletes, they have very high graduation rates. Saban doesn't allow them to coast in their classes any more than he allows them to coast at practice. But I understand why you want to attack the academics. Just sayin.
I have to tell you you are right. I shouldn't have posted that quip. It came from a sports analysts tweet,

Alabama is no Northwestern, but neither is my team, Ohio State. Sorry for offending you.

I have to tell you you are right. I shouldn't have posted that quip. It came from a sports analysts tweet,

Alabama is no Northwestern, but neither is my team, Ohio State. Sorry for offending you.

I'm not offended. I appreciate the kind words.

Loved beating A&M soundly. But in that game we lost Eddie Jackson for the season. And, being a senior, his days playing in crimson are finished.

Yes, Saban recruits as well as anyone ever has. And there is depth almost everywhere. But losing a star defensive and special teams player always hurts.

Leonard Fournette, LSU runningback, has "guaranteed" that LSU will beat Bama. lol

Last year, when he was completely healthy, he managed a stunning 35 yards rushing against a Tide defense that was good, but not as good as this year's squad. Dream on, Leonard.

LSU will be tough but then, everyone is tough when you're the #1 team in the nation. Every team we play, this is the most important game of the season for them... some players, the most important game of their career.

Our defense is impressive. Perhaps the best Alabama defense of all time... and that's a bold statement indeed... there have been some good ones. No team has really been able to run effectively on us... unless it's later in the game when we let them run clock. Our only real weakness is the secondary... they tend to get burned on big plays but if we can keep pressure on the QB (which we have) then it becomes a moot point. Opposing QBs have approximately 1.3 seconds to throw against Bama.

If Jalen Hurts stays healthy, he's going to win a Heisman. Saban has never had a "total package" QB like this before. He has a string of Natty's on the backs of 'mediocre' QBs who were good but not great. It will be interesting to see what he does with a great one.

LSU will be tough but then, everyone is tough when you're the #1 team in the nation. Every team we play, this is the most important game of the season for them... some players, the most important game of their career.

Our defense is impressive. Perhaps the best Alabama defense of all time... and that's a bold statement indeed... there have been some good ones. No team has really been able to run effectively on us... unless it's later in the game when we let them run clock. Our only real weakness is the secondary... they tend to get burned on big plays but if we can keep pressure on the QB (which we have) then it becomes a moot point. Opposing QBs have approximately 1.3 seconds to throw against Bama.

If Jalen Hurts stays healthy, he's going to win a Heisman. Saban has never had a "total package" QB like this before. He has a string of Natty's on the backs of 'mediocre' QBs who were good but not great. It will be interesting to see what he does with a great one.

Jalen Hurts is a phenomenon, thats for sure. He has the skills and is coachable. What impresses me most is that he is not rattled in big games or tough environments. He was calm at Ole Miss and at TN.

I was asking a friend of mine this trivia question the other day... I'm not sure of the answer but... Who was the last true freshman starting QB at Alabama?

It's rare!

I was asking a friend of mine this trivia question the other day... I'm not sure of the answer but... Who was the last true freshman starting QB at Alabama?

It's rare!

We know Saban never had one before. I want to say there have been a couple more, but not sure who.

I just scrolled thru a list of Alabama starting QBs. No reference to class, but none were listed as starting more than 3 years. Most it was 1 or 2. And that was back to 1935. Hurts may be the first.

Jalen Hurts is a phenomenon, thats for sure. He has the skills and is coachable.

I like that he's a coaches son. I think that makes a huge difference in his maturity and poise under pressure. He's been doing this since he was about 5 years old. lol

I get frustrated with Kiffen sometimes because I think he gets pass happy and fails to use his talent on the field. With our stable of RBs and Jalen, there shouldn't be any passing unless needed. I understand they stack the box but stacked boxes can't stop a freight train! ;)

I think Brodie Croyle started as a freshman... but that was the only one I found.

I checked and Brody was a redshirt freshman. I think Hurts may be the first true freshman. For a long time you couldn't play a freshman.

I think Brodie Croyle started as a freshman... but that was the only one I found.

I checked and Brody was a redshirt freshman. I think Hurts may be the first true freshman. For a long time you couldn't play a freshman.

I couldn't recall if he redshirted or not... before him, I don't think anyone else ever started as a freshman... you're right, for a long time, the freshmen had their own squad/schedule.

Forum List

Back