Role Playing Games ...

"Ms. Smartypants" That's funnier than I can tell you.

"been privvy to trying to play" you? That could only be ... and if that's you I can only applaud your talents. You sure look good in a dress, Gunny!

Never had on a dress. You're WAY cold.

And FTR, I'd say you and I aren't using the same definition of "played."

Thanks for playing, Gunny.

Is that what you call sanding down a lamp table when *some people* begin to bore the hell out of me?:lol:

Okay, just gotta say ... this thread went so far off topic ... however, it brings back memories of my old D&D groups.

Okay, just gotta say ... this thread went so far off topic ... however, it brings back memories of my old D&D groups.

Yeah, it is pretty lame, isn't it?

Naw. Just the part that no one else ever knows about gaming sessions. Watch the movie I posted near the beginning and it will make sense to you. Role playing games are only about 10% actual gaming, the sessions usually turn into blabbering and goofing off most of the time anyway.

What happens when you give your. Your creation ran off and and ran amock without you.:lol:

That's why I loved role playing games. *snicker* It's fun to watch.

I think for some, this whole internet message board thing is a role playing game. Reminds me of a Brad Paisley song ... "I'm So Much Cooler Online.":lol:

I must have lost part of my imagination somewhere along the line. Pretending to be something or someone I'm not has ZERO appeal to me. It's hard enough just being me.

What happens when you give your. Your creation ran off and and ran amock without you.:lol:

That's why I loved role playing games. *snicker* It's fun to watch.

I think for some, this whole internet message board thing is a role playing game. Reminds me of a Brad Paisley song ... "I'm So Much Cooler Online.":lol:

I must have lost part of my imagination somewhere along the line. Pretending to be something or someone I'm not has ZERO appeal to me. It's hard enough just being me.

Meh ... it depends. I don't see it as a game, I see message boards as places people can let go and be themselves more. Many let their guards down because they feel safe with all the bits between them. Role playing games are not really pretending to be someone else either though, it's more like you take control of a character in a story, the GM/DM/Whatever (different for each game) controls the opposition and lesser characters as well as provides an outline for the story. But yeah, RPG's require a LOT of imagination (the pen and paper ones not the v-game ones). But you have imagination, or you wouldn't be able to come up with such whit.

Meh ... it depends. I don't see it as a game, I see message boards as places people can let go and be themselves more. Many let their guards down because they feel safe with all the bits between them. Role playing games are not really pretending to be someone else either though, it's more like you take control of a character in a story, the GM/DM/Whatever (different for each game) controls the opposition and lesser characters as well as provides an outline for the story. But yeah, RPG's require a LOT of imagination (the pen and paper ones not the v-game ones). But you have imagination, or you wouldn't be able to come up with such whit.

The role I've decided to play in real life is much more exciting than a pretend one where you can just quit, change rules, or call for a time out. Psychodrama is good therapy tho for those who feel a need to learn about themselves.

Yeah, it is pretty lame, isn't it?

Naw. Just the part that no one else ever knows about gaming sessions. Watch the movie I posted near the beginning and it will make sense to you. Role playing games are only about 10% actual gaming, the sessions usually turn into blabbering and goofing off most of the time anyway.

that is true... a fellowship of the nerd posse.

What I don't understand is why it carries into your 30's, 40's, 50's, etc. I actually completely lost interest in it between the ages of 17-18, and never looked back.. yet I know people that do this every week.. *shakes head*

Oh, wait.. I actually played a computer game once since then.. Diablo. That was only amusing because I got so powerful that I could strip nude outside the building, walk through the entire game (and all the monsters), flick Diablo with my finger, and watch him drop dead. :redface:

Forum List

Back