Roeder Found Guilty of Murder

Wow!!!!! In almost 20 years you have 9 deaths of abortion Drs? Thats.... quite.... unremarkable. And yet, you think all conservatives kill abortion Drs. I can almost promise you that there are more people killed by Environmentalist Terrorists during that time.

And, like any other terroristic threats, the effect is to prevent others from engaging in an activity that the terrorists do not want them to engage in.

But I guess if you want people to die, it's unremarkable. :cuckoo:

And environmental terrorists should be punished too... but you wouldn't be standing here saying their victims were "unremarkable".

The claim that there is unending violence against abortion doctors was what i was referring to.

I don't condone the taking of Dr. Tillers life. However, the assertion that there is out of control violence toward these Dr's just isn't true. In fact, I am surprised it doesn't happen more, but am glad that it doesn't happen more.

Additionally, the right to life is the most basic right. NOTHING is more important... especially the convenience of a mother.

The rights of the mother override those of the unborn.

Sorry pal, that's just the way it is. Learn to live with it.

What right of the mother trumps that babies right to live?

The right to have an abortion.

There is no right to an abortion written anywhere... this was decided based on a womans right to privacy.

The right to live should outweigh ANY other right, unless you have taken another life. Then you have given up your right to live. (not referring to tiller.. .referring to death penalty)

A doctor who murdered innocent children is dead.

The person who murdered the murderer is in prison.

Either way you look at it, justice was served on both. One is feeling gods wrath as we speak. The other will feel his wrath in due time.

No sympathy for either is necessary.

Tiller got what he deserved.

Roeder got exactly what he expected.
No man breathing deserves to be murdered...except for radical Muslims...all of them should be killed...along with their children.

A murderer kills a murderer and is found guilty of murder. Well alrighty then.

Wrong.

A psychopath murdered a doctor who performed 100% legal procedures.

Said psychopath will probably now spend the rest of his miserable little life in prison in the company of other psychopaths.

What a waste.
Right. A perfectly good waste of my money to keep the bastard alive. A rope, a bullet, an injection...how little it would cost to save us money in the long run. Let's shoot him in the forehead.

Funny how this dichotomy plays out.

Conservatives wrap themselves in righteousness and applaud a psychopathic killer. They (the Conservatives) call for law and order and then laud a vigilante.

They decry abortion as "MURDER!" and embrace murder as a solution.

When are the Conservatives going to learn consistency?
You blanket all conservatives with your silly charge? I consider myself conservative, but not a right wing, radical, ass hole like the evangelical bible-thumping crowd that thinks the bible transcends law. Bible-thumpers are almost as bad as radical Muslims. The ones that kill for their cause ARE.

Just shoot the bastard and be done with it.

Roeder was and is a criminal. He deserves the punishment he is getting.

Now... please list ALL the abortion Doctors that have been murdered in the last 30 years?

Since you will find only a handful, you can stop the idiotic and untruthful crap about this being standard operating procedure for prolife groups or people.

Hateful anti legal abortion leaders are to blame. Speech that inflames and ignites is as bad as the actions that follow.

Religious protesters need only to look into their own corrupt souls to know why abortion protesters kill and maim innocent people.

The percentage of anti abortion terrorists within the anti legal abortion community I'd greater than the percentage of Islamic fundie terrorists within Islam

A few thoughts:

Some abortion is clearly murder and some I simply can't see that way. The argument that abortion isn't 'murder' because it is 'legal', however, doesn't hold up any more than allowing human slavery or denying women the vote was not a violation of civil rights because they were 'legal'. Let's don't get hung up on semantics but focus on the principles involved.
yes

I don't question Roeder's motives; nor do I see him as evil. He almost certainly believed moral justification for what he did.
Christians have killed Jews, other Christians and Arabs with what they considered moral justification. were the crusaders, nazis and inquisitors not evil because like Roeder, they murdered with noral justification?

But if we are to be a people of laws, we cannot condone a person taking the law into their own hands and carrying out a premeditated murder in cold blood. Such cannot be even be excused as an impulsive crime of passion. Roeder thought about it, planned, and plotted the deed long in advance.
underwhelming

Whether or not Tiller was evil and/or 'deserved to die' is immaterial in such a case. The motive might have been pure, but the action was evil. The jury verdict and sentence were properly given.

The motive was pure? The motive was pure evil, and because people like you ewxcuse it...it will continue.

the motive was to kill another free man.

The act was evil. D'oh!

Bill O'Reilly should have been tried alongside of Roeder

Ya cause only YOUR opinion matters right? You may want to pay close attention to the fact about half the Country disagrees with you and on late term abortions even more disagree.

This cowardly murderer will get what he deserves but it does not change the fact that in MY opinion anyone that aborts a child with OUT a medical necessity is a murderer, legal as it may be.

Scott Roeder, the infamous killer of Dr. Tiller has been found guilty of Murder in The First Degree in a Kansas Court Room today.

Roeder's defense had attempted to have allowed Roeder found guilty on a lesser charge of Manslaughter, the judge refused that attempt.

The shooting of Dr. Tiller made national headlines, "Tiller The Baby Killer" (O'Reilly's name for him) when Roeder walked into the Lutheran Church attended by Dr. Tiller and shot the doctor in the back.

Roeder will either face life without chance of parole or a death sentence.

Life without parole sounds nice.

Hey Roeder, don't drop the soap in the shower.

Was there ever any doubt?

LWP seems like the best sentence for this guy.

Death is too kind a sentence for this sort of premeditated murderer.

[
Funny how this dichotomy plays out.

Conservatives wrap themselves in righteousness and applaud a psychopathic killer. They (the Conservatives) call for law and order and then laud a vigilante.

They decry abortion as "MURDER!" and embrace murder as a solution.

When are the Conservatives going to learn consistency?
You blanket all conservatives with your silly charge? I consider myself conservative, but not a right wing, radical, ass hole like the evangelical bible-thumping crowd that thinks the bible transcends law. Bible-thumpers are almost as bad as radical Muslims. The ones that kill for their cause ARE.

Just shoot the bastard and be done with it.
The blanket extends from Conservatives to Liberals pretty much the same way, doesn't it? I mean once something wrong happens and a Liberal defends it as right, Conservatives seem eager to paint all Liberals with the same brush, no matter how apt that may be.

I am amazed that anyone defends this disgusting piece of trash who deserves to be wiped off of the bottom of our shoes...

I have zero respect for anyone who thinks a doctor should be murdered for performing a LEGAL procedure (or any procedure) on a patient.

I am amazed that anyone defends this disgusting piece of trash who deserves to be wiped off of the bottom of our shoes...

I have zero respect for anyone who thinks a doctor should be murdered for performing a LEGAL procedure (or any procedure) on a patient.

Why is every liberal's defense of murder (abortion) is that it's "legal"? If it were legal for a husband to kill his wife, or for an employee to kill his boss, would you defend that as well?

I can't believe so many Christians excuse his behavior by saying "murder is wrong, but..."

Ya cause only YOUR opinion matters right? You may want to pay close attention to the fact about half the Country disagrees with you and on late term abortions even more disagree.

This cowardly murderer will get what he deserves but it does not change the fact that in MY opinion anyone that aborts a child with OUT a medical necessity is a murderer, legal as it may be.
Half the country?

Why is every liberal's defense of murder (abortion) is that it's "legal"? If it were legal for a husband to kill his wife, or for an employee to kill his boss, would you defend that as well?

why is it every rightwingnut who wants to make everyone else's moral judgments for them creates the most absurd analogies?

like i said, defending the murder of this doctor is sick.

and any of you who think that's acceptable simply prove you aren't pro life at all...

you're simply pro birth. (but some of us already knew that)

Last edited:

Half the country?

I don't know if they all think the one performing the abortion is a murderer, but I do think more than half the country thnks an abortion for convenience is murder of a human being. I doubt these percentages have changed much in recent years:

119-3.gif

Aborton is NOT murder. Abortion is a Constitutionally protect medical procedure. Shooting Dr. Tiller, whiile in church was murder and Roeder got what he deserved.

On one hand the cons don't the "Government Option." because that would be putting the government in the Doctor's Office, interfering with the decision making process between doctor and patient. But on the other hand, they want the government in the doctor's officer, interfering with the decision making process between a doctor and patient when it comes to one of the most personal decisions a woman has to make.

Yet another example of Ye Olde Conservative Thought Process, or in this case....the lack there of.

Forum List

Back