Rocks and minerals.

I was always a fossil hunter. I found a big fossil of an Amorite (my unintentional misspelling), imbedded in limestone on Big Darby Creek, Ohio. The Amorite is two feet in diameter and from the Ordovician Period. I also found a bevel head knife that dates from the Middle-Archaic circa 7500 BC. I thought it was an arrowhead and took it to the Ohio Historical Society who told me it is a knife that women used to scrape skins. I asked the Doctor why is it beveled and she could not answer. I also found a white flint arrowhead with rose flint flukes and only a native American of princely status could have that. I found a lot more fossils but don't want to bore you.

I was always a fossil hunter. I found a big fossil of an Amorite (my unintentional misspelling), imbedded in limestone on Big Darby Creek, Ohio. The Amorite is two feet in diameter and from the Ordovician Period. I also found a bevel head knife that dates from the Middle-Archaic circa 7500 BC. I thought it was an arrowhead and took it to the Ohio Historical Society who told me it is a knife that women used to scrape skins. I asked the Doctor why is it beveled and she could not answer. I also found a white flint arrowhead with rose flint flukes and only a native American of princely status could have that. I found a lot more fossils but don't want to bore you.
You won't bore me. Take pics of what you found, if you still have them. However, I am going to bed so I will check back tomorrow.

Before I go....native americans didn't have prince and princesses. That a european thing. Might have been owned by a revered shaman or chief, though.

The Chief is the same as the King and his sons are princes. I used prince because it is small and about the size of postage stamp. It is delicately manufactured because it has white and rose flint but the rose flint is only on the flukes. It does not look like any arrowhead that I found or ever seen in a book. I did not take it to the Ohio Historical Society because it is obviously princely status. I will tell you the best time and where to find arrowheads if you are interested. I don't have a camera or even know how to post a picture so please take my word for it.

Quartz that looks like those jelly sugared candies, yes?

aa6827db4f5fead3a0a90b3a1a8e6327.jpg

I wonder if anybody has tried to eat one and broke a tooth.

Arrowheads are easy to find where I am now. Hatchet and ax heads too.

Forum List

Back