Rockets Found at UN Gaza School Went Missing

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
The U.N. secretary-general on Wednesday said he was "alarmed" to hear that rockets were placed in a U.N.-run school in Gaza and now "have gone missing," and he demanded a full review of such incidents.

A statement by the spokesman for Ban Ki-moon expressed the U.N. chief's "outrage and regret" at the placement of weapons at a site run by the global organization. The U.N. says that has happened at least twice so far in the current fighting.

"Those responsible are turning schools into potential military targets, and endangering the lives of innocent children," U.N. staff and anyone seeking shelter, the statement said.

The rockets had been placed at one of the schools run by the U.N. refugee agency for Palestinians, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency in Gaza.

Once they were found, "in accordance with standard practice, UNRWA handed them over to the local authorities. Since then, they have gone missing," Ban's deputy spokesman, Farhan Haq, said in an e-mail Wednesday evening.

The Islamic militant group Hamas controls Gaza. The U.S., Israel and the European Union all consider Hamas a terrorist organization, but the U.N. does not.

A week ago, UNRWA said that during a routine check it discovered about 20 rockets hidden in one of its vacant Gaza schools and called on militants to respect the "sanctity and integrity" of U.N. property. It said the incident was "the first of its kind in Gaza."

On Tuesday, UNRWA reported a second incident, saying it found rockets hidden at a vacant school during a regular inspection. "UNRWA staff were withdrawn from the premises, and so we are unable to confirm the precise number of rockets," its statement said. "The school is situated between two other UNRWA schools that currently each accommodate 1,500 internally displaced persons."

The statement said UNRWA was looking at all possible ways to safely remove the rockets and would investigate the incident.

Canada's Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird said in a statement late Wednesday that he was appalled to hear reports of the stockpiling of rockets in U.N. facilities. He called on the U.N. to launch an immediate independent investigation.

"Even more alarming were reports that in the first case, officials with the United Nations returned these weapons to Hamas, a listed terrorist organization, once Israeli officials discovered their location," he said.

The U.N. statement Wednesday said Ban has asked for the immediate development of a plan to safely handle any weapons found on U.N. premises, and he told the U.N. Mine Action Service to immediately send people to deal with the situation of the missing rockets.

Rockets Found at UN Gaza School Went Missing - ABC News

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably nothing to this at all. The left wing assholes will hardly say a word about this. It is beyond obvious that these smelly scumbags use their own people as shields, they hide their weapons in schools and their places where they worship their false god. I could swear there are a few violations of the Geneva convention there. Then again, the brown smelly scumbags who worship a false god always have different rules as opposed to any country that is civil. When is the last time you saw one of these smelly scumbags dress in a uniform for instance? Oh, wait. They came out dressed in Israeli commando uniforms and killed Israeli soldiers the other day. Is that some kind of violation? Do any of these smelly scumbags (who think it is a sin to wear deodorant) even have rules of engagement that apply to them? No?

Yet the left are on their side. They then call American conservatives nazis.

Let me remind you, that the beloved UN who.....loves Israel so much, still does not recognize hamas as a terrorist organization.

Last edited:
The U.N. secretary-general on Wednesday said he was "alarmed" to hear that rockets were placed in a U.N.-run school in Gaza and now "have gone missing," and he demanded a full review of such incidents.

A statement by the spokesman for Ban Ki-moon expressed the U.N. chief's "outrage and regret" at the placement of weapons at a site run by the global organization. The U.N. says that has happened at least twice so far in the current fighting.

"Those responsible are turning schools into potential military targets, and endangering the lives of innocent children," U.N. staff and anyone seeking shelter, the statement said.

The rockets had been placed at one of the schools run by the U.N. refugee agency for Palestinians, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency in Gaza.

Once they were found, "in accordance with standard practice, UNRWA handed them over to the local authorities. Since then, they have gone missing," Ban's deputy spokesman, Farhan Haq, said in an e-mail Wednesday evening.

The Islamic militant group Hamas controls Gaza. The U.S., Israel and the European Union all consider Hamas a terrorist organization, but the U.N. does not.

A week ago, UNRWA said that during a routine check it discovered about 20 rockets hidden in one of its vacant Gaza schools and called on militants to respect the "sanctity and integrity" of U.N. property. It said the incident was "the first of its kind in Gaza."

On Tuesday, UNRWA reported a second incident, saying it found rockets hidden at a vacant school during a regular inspection. "UNRWA staff were withdrawn from the premises, and so we are unable to confirm the precise number of rockets," its statement said. "The school is situated between two other UNRWA schools that currently each accommodate 1,500 internally displaced persons."

The statement said UNRWA was looking at all possible ways to safely remove the rockets and would investigate the incident.

Canada's Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird said in a statement late Wednesday that he was appalled to hear reports of the stockpiling of rockets in U.N. facilities. He called on the U.N. to launch an immediate independent investigation.

"Even more alarming were reports that in the first case, officials with the United Nations returned these weapons to Hamas, a listed terrorist organization, once Israeli officials discovered their location," he said.

The U.N. statement Wednesday said Ban has asked for the immediate development of a plan to safely handle any weapons found on U.N. premises, and he told the U.N. Mine Action Service to immediately send people to deal with the situation of the missing rockets.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably nothing to this at all. The left wing assholes will hardly say a word about this. It is beyond obvious that these smelly scumbags use their own people as shields, they hide their weapons in schools and their places where they worship their false god. I could swear there are a few violations of the Geneva convention there. Then again, the brown smelly scumbags who worship a false god always have different rules as opposed to any country that is civil. When is the last time you saw one of these smelly scumbags dress in a uniform for instance? Oh, wait. They came out dressed in Israeli commando uniforms and killed Israeli soldiers the other day. Is that some kind of violation? Do any of these smelly scumbags (who think it is a sin to wear deodorant) even have rules of engagement that apply to them? No?

Let me remind you, that the beloved UN who.....loves Israel so much, still does not recognize hamas as a terrorist organization.

The UN is WRONG, Hamas is terrorist.

Yep. But, they were just doing there jobs, hey?

They knew exactly what they were doing. Every time Ban Ki-Moon opens his mouth I just want to smack the shit out of him.

I'd be surprised if the WH even acknowledges it in a very loud and vocal manner.

Last edited:

Yep. But, they were just doing there jobs, hey?

They knew exactly what they were doing. Every time Ban Ki-Moon opens his mouth I just want to smack the shit out of him.

I'd be surprised if the WH even acknowledges it in a very loud and vocal manner.

The WH? The ones that empowered the muslim brotherhood all to the loud cheers of the left wing main stream media around the world?

r-ANDERSON-COOPER-EGYPT-large570.jpg

The same WH that added fuel to the fire of one of the offshoots of the muslim brotherhood in hamas? By suspending flights to ISRAEL, they are emboldened. Their ultimate goal is for the US and Israel to become enemies. The state department knows this fully. Instead of being behind the only true democracy and true ally in the region (they do not behead you for being gay and they do not stone their own women for being raped) we build up the countries and terror groups whose goal is to convert the world to islam or kill the infidel. Their goal is drive Israel into the sea, and kill every last Jew on the planet. That, is who this WH has built up around the world.

The muslims sense this in the white house and they know they need to act while a muslim is in the white house. He is playing right into their hands, and he is emboldening them. Hence, the reason they are not agreeing to a cease fire.

Yeah, this president is all concerned about our civilians safety? Bullshit. Is he allowing our civilians to travel to Afghanistan? How about other countries where there is mass violence? He has not suspended flights there. No, one rocket comes close to the airport in Tel Aviv, and he suspends flights to Israel.

There are a lot funny things going on. From that drone that landed in almost pristine condition in Iran. Remember that one? I do. I know most of us forgot. To hamas seemingly knowing the troop movements of the Israeli army (do they have satellites in space?).

This administration is the absolute enemy to Israel, and do not buy into any word he says for their support. The Israeli cannot stand Jewish Americans for their constant alliance with the democratic party. If you cannot see how most liberals (including the American Jew) are against Israel, then you are blind. BTW, most Jewish Americans are not Jews at all. Only in name at best. Most of them do not hold fast to their religion. They are not kosher in any way. Them wearing the hat once and a while or taking off of work on their holidays is not what a true Jewish person makes. No more than some Christian who lives in willful sin. The Jewish prophets warned and warned and warned for centuries about those who pay lip service but their hearts are far from God. No different now. In fact is it a lot worse than the days of the prophets.

Now, let me get the ridicule from the godless hoards.

Last edited:
...This administration is the absolute enemy to Israel, and do not buy into any word he says for their support...
I confess to having doubts along those lines myself.

If true, then, I doubt that the Administration dares take its anti-Israel agenda beyond a certain point, for fear of domestic backlash against the Democratic Party.

Another in a long list of reasons why so many are looking forward to January 20, 2017.

...This administration is the absolute enemy to Israel, and do not buy into any word he says for their support...
I confess to having doubts along those lines myself.

If true, then, I doubt that the Administration dares take its anti-Israel agenda beyond a certain point, for fear of domestic backlash against the Democratic Party.

Another in a long list of reasons why so many are looking forward to January 20, 2017.

Read this from the Washington Post last year and the Pew research study.

8 fascinating trends in how American Jews think about Israel - The Washington Post

There are dozens of fascinating details in a new Pew Research study on Jewish Americans . But a few that jumped out at me have to do with American attitudes toward Israel. While Americans remain supportive of Israel across the board, the nature of that support and the sort of Israel they envision seems to at time bifurcate between two groups, roughly split along religious lines.

On one side are the reform and secular Jews who make up 65 percent of the U.S. Jewish population, sometimes joined by the 17 percent who identify with conservative Judaism. This group is more likely to worry about or criticize Israeli policies toward Palestinians. It's less likely to claim an emotional attachment to Israel and less likely still to argue that the country was promised to Jews by God.

On the other side are the small minority of Orthodox Jews – about 10 percent of American Jews – joined by America's much larger community of white Evangelical Christians. This block is more likely to oppose an independent Palestinian state, to support settlements and to argue that Israel was promised to Jews by God. That last point is particularly important for how you view Israel-Palestine, as it could suggest that Israel should control all Palestinian land outright and permanently – and that seeing this through is a divinely mandated mission.

To be clear, both groups surely see themselves as pro-Israel. U.S. policy in the Middle East tends to be deeply supportive of Israel for many reasons, but it's no secret that one is that lots of American voters want it that way, and often that includes American Jews and Evangelical Christians. Just as within Israel itself, the nature of their support can vary widely, as can the specific policies that they believe would best serve Israel.

The hints in this Pew report of two very different views of Israel, perhaps split along religious lines, has significant ramifications for U.S. policy toward Israel and the Palestinian territories. The sort of pro-Israeli approach preferred by one block looks very different than that of the other – raising the question of which group gets to define what "pro-Israel" means in America's politics and thus its foreign policy.

To illustrate how and when these two groups divide (and when that division narrows or blurs), here are eight interesting trends from the report:

1. Sharp divide on whether Israel was "given to the Jewish people by God"

2. Orthodox Jews and Evangelical Christian share skepticism of two-state solution

3. Only one in three Jews feels strong "emotional attachment to Israel"

4. Most American Jews approve of Obama's handling of Israel

5. "Caring about Israel" not a top feature of Jewish identity

Taken in the aggregate, these trends from Pew's report seem to underscore the conclusions that American journalist Peter Beinart reached in his landmark 2010 piece for the New York Review of Books, "The Failure of the American Jewish Establishment," which later became his 2012 book, "The Crisis of Zionism."

Beinart warned that, as Israeli policies divide the Jewish community in the United States, the liberal-leaning American Jews who have played such a major role in U.S. support for Israel could find themselves either turned or driven away from Zionism.

If I were a Jewish American and you are deeply loyal to Israel, I would read this report.

http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/10/jewish-american-beliefs-attitudes-culture-survey-overview.pdf

How do you fix the problem? They cannot continue to respond by obliterating children or they risk world wrath. Attrition by other means will only prolong the situation.

How do you fix the problem? They cannot continue to respond by obliterating children or they risk world wrath. Attrition by other means will only prolong the situation.

You don't take off a bandage in slow motion, you rip it off. You don't fixe a problem with an enemy by keeping on the kid gloves, you break out the hammer and you total them out.

Forum List

Back