Robert Sarvis (L - VA) is back in the game

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
The Green Papers: What's New

Robert_Sarvis.jpg

Sarvis has thrown his hat into the ring for a seat in the US Senate. He made the announcement yesterday. It's not that big a surprise, since Sarvis was already openly pondering this in December of 2013, after having lost the Gubernatorial in November.

Sarvis just ran as a Libertarian for the Governorship of Virginia in November of 2013, and got 6.52% of the vote:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...-probable-clean-sweep-in-virginia-2013-a.html

Here is Sarvis' bio:

Robert Sarvis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He is 37, a lawyer and also a software-developer (Google Android Apps, like Wertago).

Current polling shows Mark Warner (D) dominating Republican hopeful Ed Gillespie. Warner (D) was just endorsed by John Warner (R) (no relation) just a number of days ago.

Though Libertarian candidates get votes from the Left and the Right, they tend to get more votes from the Right than from the Left aside from the Libertarian voters who only come out if a Libertarian is on the ballot, and since Sarvis just built some name recognition for himself from the 2013 gubernatorial race, this is probably unwelcome news for the Gillespie camp. Gillespie, however, must first win the primary election, for he has a challenger. Most think it is going to be a pretty easy win for Gillespie.

I am in no way giving this either a postive or negative connotation, I am just getting the info out there. It could turn what is likely to be an uncompetitive race in 2014 into an interesting race.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[MENTION=45104]WelfareQueen[/MENTION] [MENTION=31057]JoeB131[/MENTION] [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION]

(people I know are interested in Elections stuff)

Last edited:
Sarvis's participation opens the dialogue in the GOP primary campaign, which is a very good thing.

It's hard to imagine the fake libertarian will be relevant again, but who knows for sure?

It's hard to imagine the fake libertarian will be relevant again, but who knows for sure?

Why do you think he is fake?

EconomicPolicyJournal.com: Beware Of Liberals In Libertarian Drag

That pretty much covers it.

Kevin, I'd like to hear your take on this paragraph from the link you posted:

..."the gulf between establishment libertarians and left-liberals is not that wide. The Libertarian Party is a party of "isms," not individualism. When it comes to playing manipulative politics with hot-button social issues—matters of “racism,” “sexism” (blah, blah)—there’s no daylight between left-libertarians and leftists.".

The democrats going to help pay for his campaign this time as well? I hate that SOB...

Forum List

Back