Robert Reich Laughed at and Mocked on CNBC

Reich can't ever say idiotic things! He's a Rhodes Scholar!!

"When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale and never tried it again." -- another Rhodes Scholar

Entering a war in which thousands of our men and women in uniform lose their lives, simply to help bring the economy out of the muck, is morally deplorable.

Relying on such as to be somehow a GOOD thing, and in hindsight necessary to have brought us out of depression, is pretty damn sad if you ask me.

Our military isn't to be used as an economic tool.

Entering a war in which thousands of our men and women in uniform lose their lives, simply to help bring the economy out of the muck, is morally deplorable.

Relying on such as to be somehow a GOOD thing, and in hindsight necessary to have brought us out of depression, is pretty damn sad if you ask me.

Yeah!

Except for that whole 'they declared war on us' thingie.

Keynes is a "real" economist. It isn't a serious statement to say otherwise.

Keynes was to economics what a medieval barber is to medicine.

MORE LEECHES!!...ANOTHER BLOOD LETTING!!

You're being silly.
No, I'm not.

But you g'head and keep on making up the rationale for throwing more vestal virgins in the volcano on the fly, just like so much worthless fiat currency.

There are plenty of Rhodes Scholars who are total airheads....I give you Rachel Maddow and Naomi Wolf.

Larry Kudlow was kinda biting his lip, too...Have a nice ad hom against him, as a sort of book end?

That's sorta not the point, is it?
Right...Kudlow doesn't make as easy a target for the ad hom.

Reich is a fool and Keynsean economics is voodoo.

Yeah!

This doesn't mitigate the fact that people use WW2 as the basis for the US getting out of the GD.

If that's what it really took us to strengthen our economy, then I'd rather be poor.

Japan sneaked us. We dropped some bombs on them. All of the rest of the bullshit wasn't necessary. We were attacked around the beginning of the war, and waited until the END to finally retaliate against our original aggressors.

Everything in between those two events was nonsense.

......... the sky is blue.

The sky is blue most of the time except for when it is overcast. Keynes was a real economist and his theories are right most of the time except for when they are not.

My understanding of economists is that most of them are divided on theory, and that the theory seems to explain most of what happens except for when it does not. Right now we are starting to see one of those "does not" phases in the global and national economy.

Am I right or am I wrong?

The sky is blue most of the time except for when it is overcast. Keynes was a real economist and his theories are right most of the time except for when they are not.

My understanding of economists is that most of them are divided on theory, and that the theory seems to explain most of what happens except for when it does not. Right now we are starting to see one of those "does not" phases in the global and national economy.

You're wrong.

Keynes could never ever ever ever ever ever ever be wrong about anything.

Right Midcan?

This doesn't mitigate the fact that people use WW2 as the basis for the US getting out of the GD.

If that's what it really took us to strengthen our economy, then I'd rather be poor.

Japan sneaked us. We dropped some bombs on them. All of the rest of the bullshit wasn't necessary. We were attacked around the beginning of the war, and waited until the END to finally retaliate against our original aggressors.

My impression in reading the above is that you are joking or you have a serious misunderstanding of history as regards the conflict in the Pacific. A lot of very brave young men died in the Pacific Theater of the war. That island hopping campaign was expensive in human life. We finally got close enough so we could fly bombers from the islands near Japan. We were in a position to be able to bomb Japan back to the stone age. Being able to do so and demonstrating it in marked fashion brought an end to the war.

Yeah!

Wow.

A student of history, I see.

What Paulie said.

Also, there's an immense difference between using theory to explain something, and utilizing it as a model and rationale for authoritarian central control of millions-cum-billions of people.

My impression in reading the above is that you are joking or you have a serious misunderstanding of history as regards the conflict in the Pacific. A lot of very brave young men died in the Pacific Theater of the war. That island hopping campaign was expensive in human life. We finally got close enough so we could fly bombers from the islands near Japan. We were in a position to be able to bomb Japan back to the stone age. Being able to do so and demonstrating it in marked fashion brought an end to the war.
He has no misunderstanding...The Japanese were deliberately provoked.

See: The American Volunteer Group, a.k.a. Flying Tigers.

P.S. No derailing the thread!

You're wrong.

Keynes could never ever ever ever ever ever ever be wrong about anything.

Right Midcan?

Thank you. Indeed, I am wrong (I hate it when that happens! It is so embarrassing to not be right all of the time.) when they are right, but that was not the issue. The question was, am I right about economist theory occasionally being wrong?

Thank you. Indeed, I am wrong (I hate it when that happens! It is so embarrassing to not be right all of the time.) when they are right, but that was not the issue. The question was, am I right about economist theory occasionally being wrong?
Most of economic "theory" is mere hypothesis, backed up with charts and graphs attempting to prove the physically unprovable. The hard and fast rules are few and far between.

That it is even occasionally wrong makes it a poor tool (like there's a good one to begin with) for centralized command and control of economies.

But don't tell that to the Keynesian witch doctors.

He has no misunderstanding...The Japanese were deliberately provoked.

See: The American Volunteer Group, a.k.a. Flying Tigers.

P.S. No derailing the thread!

I have shared many a beer with several of the Flying Tigers. In the late sixties several of them were living down in Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico in the winter and used to gather for beers and idle talk in the Social Bar in the central plaza in Manzanillo. Though they could fly fighters out of southern China to support the non communist Chinese element, they were all in agreement that we could not launch consistent heavy bombing runs against Japan from China (distance, logistics and massive corruption). I will answer any query that questions our fighting men conduct in WWII. I am an historian and ex military officer and will not see the brave sacrifice of our men in that war with Japan maligned in any way. Provided there is no further comment on this topic, I will end my responses here.

Forum List

Back