RIP Yahoo Message Boards

tap4154

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2012
Surf City USA
I was a member for many years, and they were pretty fun and lively forums for quite a while... then a few stalkers with numerous Yahoo accounts/IDs degraded the conversation, and Yahoo was far too lax about enforcing TOS. However, many good folks were still there, and some very good and spirited conversations and debates still took place, as well as a general sharing of life experiences, especially on the forum below.

So... it was recently announced that Yahoo would close most of it's message boards on 4-1-03, but they just pulled the plug moments ago on new posts.

Here's a screenshot of the last page of one of the longest running boards, Presidential Election 2000:

YhaooEndJPG_zps9b131964.jpg

RIP.

Last edited:
I didn't even know Yahoo had message boards.

AOL so badly managed their message boards the service was unusable, which is why I dropped them in 2005. (And the remote Chicago Burb I live in finally got high speed cable.)

Well, I've seen you, bendog, and realinvestments, seen anyone else?

I was a member for many years, and they were pretty fun and lively forums for quite a while... then a few stalkers with numerous Yahoo accounts/IDs degraded the conversation, and Yahoo was far too lax about enforcing TOS. However, many good folks were still there, and some very good and spirited conversations and debates still took place, as well as a general sharing of life experiences, especially on the forum below.

So... it was recently announced that Yahoo would close most of it's message boards on 4-1-03, but they just pulled the plug moments ago on new posts.

RIP.

10 minutes ago Jon Bezerk was still posting:eusa_pray:

Don't know how much time I'll spend here since I have all my weather, stocks, etc on my main MYahoo page. :eusa_whistle:

It's a matter of moderators who don't watch over the content and allow trash.

I don't like getting warning but it's better than things that happened at the Las Vegas Review/Journal where it often got down to outright personal attacks beyond any bounds of decency.

Forum List

Back