RIP Sherman Hemsley

. You need to be able to separate fiction from reality. Just Google Sherman Hemsley and you will find how he talks about George Jefferson being the opposite of what he himself believed.

What are you, accusing me of living in a fantasy world?

I've seen with my own eyes on what an obnoxious racist scumbag that he was.

As bigoted as Archie was, at least he was likeable and not a hateful scumbag like Sherman Hemsley was.

Shermen Hemsley was not George Jefferson. Sherman Hemsley was an actor playing a part, a role, a character named George Jefferson. In fact, most people found George likeable, as they did with Archie Bunker, though people disagreed with their philosophies, the philosophies of the characters.

Both programs were SATIRE. They were making fun of racist thinking, racist thinking by both blacks and whites. If you hated George Jefferson as you say you do/did, it is because you missed the satire and the whole point of the program.

Satire is a genre of literature, and sometimes graphic and performing arts, in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon and as a tool to draw attention to both particular and wider issues in society.

A common feature of satire is strong irony or sarcasm—"in satire, irony is militant"[2]—but parody, burlesque, exaggeration,[3] juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. This "militant" irony or sarcasm often professes to approve of (or at least accept as natural) the very things the satirist wishes to attack.

Satire is nowadays found in many artistic forms of expression, including literature, plays, commentary, television shows, and media such as lyrics.
Wiki

Last edited:
Wiki is liberal bias. I don't trust it.

This is my last response to you because I just have no more patience. When I quoted Wikipedia, I quoted material that is OBJECTIVE. There is nothing subjective about the definition of satire. Look it up anywhere and you will get the same result. It's just a definition, not anything subjective.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that you're losing patience with me but I can't help the way I felt watching the hate and the vile racism. I find him disturbingly offensive with his extreme hatred towards white people.

I'm sorry that you're losing patience with me but I can't help the way I felt watching the hate and the vile racism. I find him disturbingly offensive with his extreme hatred towards white people.

It was SATIRE. Learn to understand what satire is. Think Monte Python or The Simpons. Same thing. Making fun of society, of behavior and thinking, including white racism and black racism. George Jefferson was the mirror image of Archie Bunker, just black instead of white.

I couldn't stand him because of his bigotry and hatred towards white people. It was very offensive.

Maybe he found peace in his after life but I highly doubt that a disgusting hateful racist pig like Sherman Hemsley will ever find peace.

Wait, what?

What bigotry?

:lol:

I guess you're serious.

You must hate Carroll O'Connor as well.

:lol:

I guess you're serious.

You must hate Carroll O'Connor as well.

No I don't hate Carroll O'Conner:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvzJZJxSXao]All in the Family - Ediths Death - YouTube[/ame]

Wiki is liberal bias. I don't trust it.

This is my last response to you because I just have no more patience. When I quoted Wikipedia, I quoted material that is OBJECTIVE. There is nothing subjective about the definition of satire. Look it up anywhere and you will get the same result. It's just a definition, not anything subjective.
He's just trolling like a retard.

Forum List

Back