Rims or Sound System?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by G.T., May 4, 2010.

1. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,432
    The answer cannot be "neither"

I'm looking to purchase one of the two within the week. I see some pro's and con's of each, and y'all can feel free to add to them:

-stereo

pro - i love music, i make my own music.
    con - the factory system sounds pretty good, but definitely not aftermarket though.
    pro - it's something i've wanted to spend dough on since i was younger and couldn't afford it.
    con - it becomes a target for theft
    con - police hate sound systems

-rims

pro - my car is black body, tinted windows, spoiler, sunroof.....nothing would set it off better than a shiny set of chrome wheels
    con- changing them seasonally
    pro - it would change my car from another accord, to GT's ACCORD
    con - it becomes a target for theft
    con - it becomes a target for police

Thanks in advance!!

2. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Neither

Put it into a CD or Roth IRA

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,432
    Got all of that covered, don't play mom in this thread.

I asked an either/or question, not a neither/none. Thought I asked nice :hmpf:

4. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    No problem.

5. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,432
    Matter of opinion, of course. But I will take it into consideration.

6. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,306
    I don't know man, the rims are really not necessary.

You already have a woman, so there's no need for rims. No one else cares enough about your rims to make them worth it besides a potential piece of ass. But you're married, so you don't get to have ass anymore anyway :lol:

As far as sound system, are you talking about increasing the quality of the mids and highs and leaving the bass around factory levels?

Because I'm of the opinion that those booming subwoofer systems are for teenagers and 20-somethings that haven't grown up yet. I used to build those things when I was at that age, and now I can't even stand listening to them drive by me. As a fellow music producer, specifically hip hop, I STILL think it's obnoxious to hear that coming from a car.

If I were you, and I know you said don't say neither, I would put the money into your home studio. There's gotta be SOMETHING that could use an upgrade there. It can ALWAYS be better.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  7. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    sound system....can't look at rims while you drive.....plus if you turn the bass up loud enough no one will look at your shitty rims....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,432
    This is a good answer, thank you. :razz:

9. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,432
    First thing's first: I get more Ass than the petting zoo. Don't get it twisted and pretend to know, we are freaks and we stay keeping it saucy. My wife's T&A never get old for me, it's not a problem I've experienced.

My home studio's as far as I'm taking it at this point. 90% of the fixes I need now are in my mixing. I wish I had gone to school for it *shrugs*

But I disagree with this post, on both accounts. (Rims and Sounds)

The Rims: I actually don't need to impress anyone, and exactly......... it's "since I'm married." However, I take pride in my style and that's in everything that I do. I feel great about a new pair of Air Max's, and I don't care if I show them to noone. I never, ever, ever go to a social event without a brand new outfit on. I like to feel crisp, I like to keep it fresh. That's just me, man. I work out hard, and I work hard to spend money on feeling good. I don't work hard to shovel all of my money in a cave and feel pretend responsible because I live frugally and never spend a dime. My new car's my new baby, I feel good about it, I want to treat her to some class. And I'm 28, let's not age me!

The system: Making a good sound system a teen-aged taboo may be society's opinion, but it isn't mine. I like heavy bass with components so crisp that the bass doesn't drown them out. I like to be inside of the music, and sound systems do that for me. Nothing feels better to me than a live Rock Concert, and feeling the Base-Drum in my chest. NOTHING, except sex. Caring about the image it projects outward ? ........see above: I look crisp........for me. I'd rock crispier tunes.......for me.
    <I flat out don't give a fuck "how that makes me look," but I do value your opinions! :razz:

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  10. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    Words of wisdom from Dave.
    Cut up the credit card, sell the car to a Gangsta, and save up for the Apocalypse.