Rick Perry to Take Over VA?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
President Donald Trump is considering ousting embattled Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin, who has faced an insurgency within his department and fresh allegations that he used a member of his security detail to run personal errands.

Shulkin is the guy with a security guard outside his office door and who refuses to meet with some members of his senior staff. Clearly time to go.

My question is, why Rick Perry? He's not a doctor although his degree was in Animal Science. He never served in the armed forces although he was a member of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets. So, why is he on deck?

Story from Trump considers ousting his VA secretary in Cabinet shuffle

Just read where this may not stick as Perry doesn't want to move from Energy.

President Donald Trump is considering ousting embattled Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin, who has faced an insurgency within his department and fresh allegations that he used a member of his security detail to run personal errands.

Shulkin is the guy with a security guard outside his office door and who refuses to meet with some members of his senior staff. Clearly time to go.

My question is, why Rick Perry? He's not a doctor although his degree was in Animal Science. He never served in the armed forces although he was a member of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets. So, why is he on deck?

It would be a bad move on Perry part.

A normal person at some points looks at the chaos around them and figures out it isn't everyone else. But the orange turd is as far from normal as it gets.

It be dat Trumpet magick...

Why Rick Perry? Pretty good creds on his resume being Lt. Gov. from 1999 thru 2002 and being Gov. for 14 years, running 3 Gubernatorial campaigns 2002, 2006 and 2010... Managerial experience he has...
As far as no Military experience several of the best SecDef's have not had any Military experience...

Now why Perry does not want to make a move would be pure speculation on my part... Personally if I was in his shoes I would want to be the one who locks the door and closes DOE down for good...

Last edited:

Perhaps Trump is desperate to get him out of the current position he is not qualified for.

:rofl:

That’s hilarious. Trump makes a total mockery of our system of government and our standing in the world, and THIS is finally what gets you to question him?! :laugh:

Being in the service doesn't make you a good manager not in the civilian world anyway, Look what happened with Shinseki.

The one we need to head the VA is a military doctor with experience in war zone hospitals - and with command experience. Someone like a retired military branch Surgeon General.

That’s hilarious. Trump makes a total mockery of our system of government and our standing in the world, and THIS is finally what gets you to question him?! :laugh:
Anything that damages the federal government is good for the country

Anything that damages the federal government is good for the country
We need a federal government, not damaged, but reigned in.

actually, he did serve in the armed forces. He was in the Air Force.

For Rick Perry, Air Force Service Broadened and Narrowed Life

I kind of like Perry, I think he'd do an okay job. The problem with the Trump Administration isn't the secretaries, it's trump himself, though.

Forum List

Back