Rick Perry: Guns Should be Allowed in Movie Theaters

For all you people that say the two armed people in the Giffords shooting didn't have to pull their weapons because the situation was well in hand........................

Got news for you, one of those armed men admitted he almost shot the wrong person:

Armed hero nearly shot wrong man in Ariz. - Slate.com NBC News

"But before we embrace Zamudio's brave intervention as proof of the value of being armed, let's hear the whole story. "I came out of that store, I clicked the safety off, and I was ready," he explained on Fox and Friends. "I had my hand on my gun. I had it in my jacket pocket here. And I came around the corner like this." Zamudio demonstrated how his shooting hand was wrapped around the weapon, poised to draw and fire. As he rounded the corner, he saw a man holding a gun. "And that's who I at first thought was the shooter," Zamudio recalled. "I told him to 'Drop it, drop it!'"

And no...............lots of people seem to forget that the Aurora shooter was wearing bullet proof clothing and had an effective target of only 8 or 9 inches square which was his face.

Most people wouldn't be able to make that shot in the dark.

No..............we don't need guns in movie theaters.

But the man with the gun wasn't the shooter. He had wrested the gun away from the shooter. "Had you shot that guy, it would have been a big, fat mess," the interviewer pointed out.

Zamudio agreed:

"I was very lucky. Honestly, it was a matter of seconds. Two, maybe three seconds between when I came through the doorway and when I was laying on top of [the real shooter], holding him down. So, I mean, in that short amount of time I made a lot of really big decisions really fast. … I was really lucky."

And like Zamudio...other civilians with guns who saved lives or made the right decisions in the chaos of an armed mass shooter or armed attacker....with little to no training...

Some details to help you make your guess....

Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

Charleston church shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 9 dead)

vs.

Deputies Osceola pastor shot church janitor in self-defense ( 0 dead)

6 Shot At New Life Church Gunman 2 Churchgoers Dead - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

Remember This SC Concealed Carrier Stops Mass Shooting During Church Service. No Casualties. ( 0 dead)
No guns: 15 dead

Sikh temple ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

Charleston ( 9 dead)

Parishioners with guns: 2 dead

Osceola ( 0 dead )

New life ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

South Carolina shotgun guy ( 0 dead)

What is suspicious about James Holmes executing his second amendment rights

The police come and Holmes hands them a copy of the Constitution and explains he needs extra ammo in case someone starts shooting

Are you going to allow your 8 year old granddaughter to sit next to Mr Holmes?

No. His behavior is suspicious and out of place....had he just had a pistol on his hip...sure.

and you fail to address the question I asked.........in what actually happened....he did bring the rifle into a gun free zone, and he murdered people with it........what gun law would have stopped that.....a bigger gun free zone sign?
You seem to keep ducking

We are talking about your utopia where everyone gets to pack.
You report Holmes and he tells police he is just a second amendment loving gun owner. He has no record. He just likes to take his AR-15 to the movies

Are you and your eight year old granddaughter going to sit next to him?

I'd have to assess him and what I saw in his behavior, carrying a rifle in public is odd behavior. Those guys in walmart with the rifles and oreos...no problem....the guy in Colorado....no, because he was a creepy person, as revealed by the girl in his college class and his professor...and again, I would call the police......it is odd behavior....then they can make the call and take him into custody for disturbing the peace...

Since carrying a rifle in public is odd...I would sit in a place where I could shoot him easily or I would go to another show. But of course.....if he had the rifle, that would mean I and many others would have pistols...right.....? So he would not pose the threat he did when he just walked in and started shooting. But of course...again....you won't address the fact that he actually did bring a rifle.....regardless of all of your gun laws, he brought it into a gun free zone where no other law abiding citizen had a weapon except for him, the killer.......
So now we are getting an inside look at your gun toting utopia

Everyone brings their guns and eyes each other suspiciously to figure who may be a potential target. Guess it would take only one nervous shot to set everyone off

No dipshit.....you gave a scenario of a very odd person, acting strangely in a theater, following the behavior of past known shooters....vs. the reality of an NRA convention where thousands of people carried concealed guns into a convention center and nothing happened....

So please....sell your crap somewhere else.....you anti gun buddies will act like they see your point...the rest of us know it is just stupid.....
So you, being an NRA indoctrinated gun nut are able to scout everyone in a movie theater and determine who is sane and who is crazy

Even if you spot James Holmes, there is nothing you can do about it, is there? He has a right to whatever weapon of terror he wants when he enters the theater

For all you people that say the two armed people in the Giffords shooting didn't have to pull their weapons because the situation was well in hand........................

Got news for you, one of those armed men admitted he almost shot the wrong person:

"But before we embrace Zamudio's brave intervention as proof of the value of being armed, let's hear the whole story. "I came out of that store, I clicked the safety off, and I was ready," he explained on Fox and Friends. "I had my hand on my gun. I had it in my jacket pocket here. And I came around the corner like this." Zamudio demonstrated how his shooting hand was wrapped around the weapon, poised to draw and fire. As he rounded the corner, he saw a man holding a gun. "And that's who I at first thought was the shooter," Zamudio recalled. "I told him to 'Drop it, drop it!'"

And no...............lots of people seem to forget that the Aurora shooter was wearing bullet proof clothing and had an effective target of only 8 or 9 inches square which was his face.

But the man with the gun wasn't the shooter. He had wrested the gun away from the shooter. "Had you shot that guy, it would have been a big, fat mess," the interviewer pointed out.

Zamudio agreed:

"I was very lucky. Honestly, it was a matter of seconds. Two, maybe three seconds between when I came through the doorway and when I was laying on top of [the real shooter], holding him down. So, I mean, in that short amount of time I made a lot of really big decisions really fast. … I was really lucky."

And here is the wikipedia on Colorado...note...he meekly surrendered to the officer....even with all of his tactical clothing...

Arms, legs, unprotected and getting hit at close range in a vest with pistol ammo tends to distract people...and the natural instinct to duck and cover for even experienced combatants kicks in.....

2012 Aurora shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

NOBODY should have a gun in the movie theater.

Incidentally, FYI, the Aurora shooter didn't come in through the lobby, he came in the back door and sneaked in.

Except the killer....because you can say that and these mass shooters seem to ignore you.....

yeah...he propped the door and started killing unarmed people.......had someone been armed he would have suicided or surrendered, like he did when the cop simply asked him "Hey, who are you....." and then he surrendered on the spot....because he didn't want to get shot himself.....
And in your gun utopia, Holmes would not even need to prop a door open

He can enter through the front door armed for carnage

No. His behavior is suspicious and out of place....had he just had a pistol on his hip...sure.

and you fail to address the question I asked.........in what actually happened....he did bring the rifle into a gun free zone, and he murdered people with it........what gun law would have stopped that.....a bigger gun free zone sign?
You seem to keep ducking

You report Holmes and he tells police he is just a second amendment loving gun owner. He has no record. He just likes to take his AR-15 to the movies

I'd have to assess him and what I saw in his behavior, carrying a rifle in public is odd behavior. Those guys in walmart with the rifles and oreos...no problem....the guy in Colorado....no, because he was a creepy person, as revealed by the girl in his college class and his professor...and again, I would call the police......it is odd behavior....then they can make the call and take him into custody for disturbing the peace...

Since carrying a rifle in public is odd...I would sit in a place where I could shoot him easily or I would go to another show. But of course.....if he had the rifle, that would mean I and many others would have pistols...right.....? So he would not pose the threat he did when he just walked in and started shooting. But of course...again....you won't address the fact that he actually did bring a rifle.....regardless of all of your gun laws, he brought it into a gun free zone where no other law abiding citizen had a weapon except for him, the killer.......

Everyone brings their guns and eyes each other suspiciously to figure who may be a potential target. Guess it would take only one nervous shot to set everyone off

No dipshit.....you gave a scenario of a very odd person, acting strangely in a theater, following the behavior of past known shooters....vs. the reality of an NRA convention where thousands of people carried concealed guns into a convention center and nothing happened....

So please....sell your crap somewhere else.....you anti gun buddies will act like they see your point...the rest of us know it is just stupid.....
So you, being an NRA indoctrinated gun nut are able to scout everyone in a movie theater and determine who is sane and who is crazy

Even if you spot James Holmes, there is nothing you can do about it, is there? He has a right to whatever weapon of terror he wants when he enters the theater

Let's say I am not able to determine the crazies from the sane....right genius.....it still doesn't matter one little bit does it because if someone is going to kill people in a movie theater the gun free zone sign, licensing guns, registering gun owners, mandating background checks, magazine limits.....are not going to do one thing to stop them....right?

So your point is stupid.....it is already a fact that crazies with guns can shoot up theaters....

All of the people who could carry a gun all day and all night, 24/7, 365 days a year and not shoot one human being..could sit in that theater all day and not shoot anyone...wether they talked during the show or threw popcorn...

And this guy would still have walked in the back door and killed those people...

So your whole point is stupid.......

NOBODY should have a gun in the movie theater.

Incidentally, FYI, the Aurora shooter didn't come in through the lobby, he came in the back door and sneaked in.

Except the killer....because you can say that and these mass shooters seem to ignore you.....

yeah...he propped the door and started killing unarmed people.......had someone been armed he would have suicided or surrendered, like he did when the cop simply asked him "Hey, who are you....." and then he surrendered on the spot....because he didn't want to get shot himself.....
And in your gun utopia, Holmes would not even need to prop a door open

Dipshit....what would have stopped him from going in the front door that night? He could have walked right up and started shooting into the people in the lobby and killed just as easily....do you think before you post...

At the same time...every law abiding gun carrier would also walk straight into the lobby, into the theater, watched the show with their pistols on their hips...and not shot anyone....

Really?

Zamudio agreed:

Did you do research before you posted...he had a load bearing vest, just as I thought, not a bullet proof vest...

2012 Aurora shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

a load-bearing vest (not to be confused with a bulletproof vest), a ballistic helmet, bullet-resistantleggings, a bullet-resistant throat protector, a groin protector, and tactical gloves.

there's over 300 million people in this country, lets just give everyone a damned gun and call it a day.......and after everyone is armed, lets no longer discuss mass shootings

I have experienced with my own eyes a fight break out at a movie theater because a couple was talking and the people behind them got upset.....before you could blink a damned eye, an argument ensued and a fight broke out....imagine had each a gun!!

You seem to keep ducking

No he doesn't, he can be arrested for disturbing the peace just like someone with a pistol can be arrested for taking the pistol out of the holster without a reason..that is called brandishing and you can be arrested for it....a guy walking into a theater with a loaded rifle and spare magazines could very simply be arrested for brandishing... then the lawyers could decide...

But again........at the actual event......in a gun free zone...he simply walked in and started shooting.....he passed a background check, and he still did it....what would licensing him, registering him and that background check have done to stop him........

I have experienced with my own eyes a fight break out at a movie theater because a couple was talking and the people behind them got upset.....before you could blink a damned eye, an argument ensued and a fight broke out....imagine had each a gun!!

And what would have stopped someone who would be willing to shoot someone for talking from bringing that gun into the theater right now? Care to answer that?

And what would have stopped someone who would be willing to shoot someone for talking from bringing that gun into the theater right now? Care to answer that?

Cowards in this country know only one language and that's the language of violence via a hand gun. Evil can not be contained under any circumstance, however, having everyone armed, is not only stupid but insane....however, coming from a country of the insane, ie the US, one would expect less.

And you think there's no problem a gun cannot solve. Adding guns to the street is like wishing you could extinguish a fire with gasoline.
But sometimes the best way to fight fire is with fire.
And everyone gets burned.

Not according to reality...when someone fights back against a mass shooter with a gun, the shooter suicides or surrenders......when no one has a gun they just keep killing.......so you are wrong....

Cowards in this country know only one language and that's the language of violence via a hand gun. Evil can not be contained under any circumstance, however, having everyone armed, is not only stupid but insane....however, coming from a country of the insane, ie the US, one would expect less.

You do realize that more than 12.8 million law abiding, peaceful people are now carrying guns for self defense....and our gun murder rate is going down, not up.....so that shows you are wrong.....

What did the shooter do....when confronted by police...did he fight back the way he shot those unarmed people...no...he surrendered...

Aurora shooter seemed detached from it all during arrest cops - NY Daily News

When Oviatt first saw Holmes in his gear standing next to his car behind the theater, he thought he was a fellow officer but then realized Holmes was standing still, and not rushing toward the theater.

Oviatt pointed his gun at him, handcuffed him and searched him. He said he found two knives and a semi-automatic handgun on top of Holmes' car. Oviatt said an ammunition magazine also fell out of Holmes' pocket and he found another one on the ground. He said Holmes was dripping in sweat and his pupils were wide open.

Officer Aaron Blue said Holmes was fidgeting around after he and Oviatt put him in a patrol car, prompting them to stop and search Holmes again. They were worried they might have missed something because of Holmes' bulky outfit.

Yeah...no big shootout......he just surrendered when they pointed a gun at him....now imagine if someone in the theater had done that.....lives would have been saved....

And you think there's no problem a gun cannot solve. Adding guns to the street is like wishing you could extinguish a fire with gasoline.

Not according to reality...when someone fights back against a mass shooter with a gun, the shooter suicides or surrenders......when no one has a gun they just keep killing.......so you are wrong....

Listen, every time we have mass shootings in this country, the cry from the right is to arm everyone.....understand that most of the states where these shootings occur are right to carry states. Now I don't know about you, but most people leave shit like that a home or in their cars.

Listen, every time we have mass shootings in this country, the cry from the right is to arm everyone.....understand that most of the states where these shootings occur are right to carry states. Now I don't know about you, but most people leave shit like that a home or in their cars.

understand that most of the states where these shootings occur are right to carry states.

You do realize that even in the states with carry laws....all these shootings take place in legally mandated gun free zones...right...where the law abiding gun owners are required to leave their guns at home...right?

You do realize that more than 12.8 million law abiding, peaceful people are now carrying guns for self defense....and our gun murder rate is going down, not up.....so that shows you are wrong.....

Lets get something clear, I am a gun owner and I am for people being able to protect themselves and their families....however, evil will sneak up on you no matter how secure or protected you are. That is just the nature of human beings. Someday, I pray that should this awful thing occur again, that yes, some law abiding person pops up and kill the guy or gal....but rarely does this happen and you know this....why? Because when all is sad and done, we are a nation of cowards.

Forum List

Back