Richard Sherman Points Out NFL Hypocrisy

Richard Sherman: No One Will Be Suspended For 'Deflategate,' But My Teammate Would Be For Gold Shoes?

Maxwell Strachan
01/22/2015

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman says he already knows what effect “deflategate” is going to have on the Super Bowl: none at all.

And if his prediction comes to fruition, Sherman has a question for the National Football League: Do you care more about the color of my teammate’s shoes than about cheating?

<snip>

Call it what you will, there are and should be penalties for breaking the rules. You break them and prepare to pay the penalty.

The Hawks know what the violation for PEDs is yet, they had seven failed drug tests, the most of any team during the Carroll era.

Be mad at NE! But to think the Seahawks are any more noble? Pffffft! The Hawks have a practice violation earlier this season, they have a coach cheating on the college level. Give me a break, to think one team is better in this category of cheating or the league is hypocritical?

Lynch, who no Seahawk fan will care about when he leaves the team later this year, is somehow the poster boy for hypocrisy? Lynch has been a trouble maker his whole career. Seattle fans only put up with his attitude because he is their player otherwise they would deride him.

Sherman, failed a drug test, which the league overturned because of a threat of a lawsuit is now Seattle's poster boy for morality?

Fans can be very hypocritical.
Professional football is entertainment pure simple with some of the highest entertainers around. If they put on a good show, I could care less what the NFL does. It's not high school football were coaches try instill a sense of fair play and sportsmanship. These guys are there to win and pull in the big bucks and they do whatever it takes.

In other words you can't. Which is not surprising because it didn't happen. What a tool
Found six, which was includes Sherman, because I don't buy his excuse. sorry one off.

Ok name them and provide links

Already did.

Of course you did. Fucking wanker
Already did.

Barbre, Guy, Browner, Irwin, Moffitt, add Sherman. All were Seahawks when tested all under Carroll while he has been coaching the Hawks.

Find the link yourself fucker.

Ahhh....I see the confusion. Winston Guy and John Moffitt were suspended under the substance abuse program and not the PED program. The media can sometimes confuse the two or report it irresponsibly (gasp...the media being irresponsible? NO!) but Guy was busted for smoking marijuana and it was never released what Moffitt was busted for but it was handled according to the substance abuse program so it would have been a narcotic of some sort.

This can be verified here for Guy: 2012 NFL Fines Suspensions Spotrac

Scroll down to Winston Guy, hover the cursor over "Suspended 4 games" and you will see it is officially listed as "substance abuse". Just avove is Browner's suspension where it is listed as PEDs.

Moffitt's suspension can be verified here and again is a substance abuse suspension and not a PED suspension. 2011 NFL Fines Suspensions Spotrac

Given you were relying on media instead of official reporting it's understandable you would make the mistake

Found six, which was includes Sherman, because I don't buy his excuse. sorry one off.

Ok name them and provide links

Already did.

Of course you did. Fucking wanker
Already did.

Barbre, Guy, Browner, Irwin, Moffitt, add Sherman. All were Seahawks when tested all under Carroll while he has been coaching the Hawks.

Find the link yourself fucker.

Ahhh....I see the confusion. Winston Guy and John Moffitt were suspended under the substance abuse program and not the PED program. The media can sometimes confuse the two or report it irresponsibly (gasp...the media being irresponsible? NO!) but Guy was busted for smoking marijuana and it was never released what Moffitt was busted for but it was handled according to the substance abuse program so it would have been a narcotic of some sort.

This can be verified here for Guy: 2012 NFL Fines Suspensions Spotrac

Scroll down to Winston Guy, hover the cursor over "Suspended 4 games" and you will see it is officially listed as "substance abuse". Just avove is Browner's suspension where it is listed as PEDs.

Moffitt's suspension can be verified here and again is a substance abuse suspension and not a PED suspension. 2011 NFL Fines Suspensions Spotrac

Given you were relying on media instead of official reporting it's understandable you would make the mistake
Moffett is a sad story. He really didn't have the skills to be in the NFL. Just a really big lovable goofball that found his way into sports. He partied too much knowing that he wasn't really destined for a long NFL career. He turned to drugs to deaden the pain from his injuries to his body and his mind. Now he has had several arrests for attempting to sell small amounts of pot and coke. He wasn't even cut out to be a successful drug dealer. Too trusting. He just wanted to have fun and make his bad habits pay for themselves. Now I'm sure he is broke and probably doing time for his mistakes in some Illinois prison. It's a waste. He isn't a bad guy.

Forum List

Back