Rhodesian State Lottery

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
$_1.JPG

Jackie Keller. Trade Unionist and MP. had to fight hard to have the lottery officially recognised. The idea first came up in 1929. when the railwaymen he represented were particularly hard hit by the depressions In an attempt to raise funds for the most needy cases, he ran the 'Unity Stakes'. This unofficial lottery was a groat success, benefiting many charities and individuals at a time when there was very little public money for relief work. But the law was unimpressed, and Keller was taken to court and fined $100.

Refusing to give up. he took the matter to Parliament, determined that the lottery should be put on an official, state basis. Clearly he had captured the public imagination, so in 1934 a referendum was held and Keller's lottery lobby won by the handsome margin of 16 946 votes to 3 604

The official wheels of fortune had their first spin on December 20th. 1935

Our Rhodesian Heritage This is Rhodesia

$_1.JPG

Jackie Keller. Trade Unionist and MP. had to fight hard to have the lottery officially recognised. The idea first came up in 1929. when the railwaymen he represented were particularly hard hit by the depressions In an attempt to raise funds for the most needy cases, he ran the 'Unity Stakes'. This unofficial lottery was a groat success, benefiting many charities and individuals at a time when there was very little public money for relief work. But the law was unimpressed, and Keller was taken to court and fined $100.

Refusing to give up. he took the matter to Parliament, determined that the lottery should be put on an official, state basis. Clearly he had captured the public imagination, so in 1934 a referendum was held and Keller's lottery lobby won by the handsome margin of 16 946 votes to 3 604

Its called Zimbabwe.

$_1.JPG

Its called Zimbabwe.

When it was Rhodesia it was the breadbasket of Africa. Now that it's Zimbabwe it is like every other starving shithole in Africa. A true shame.

$_1.JPG

Its called Zimbabwe.

When it was Rhodesia it was the breadbasket of Africa. Now that it's Zimbabwe it is like every other starving shithole in Africa. A true shame.
Rather that than white people being in charge.

$_1.JPG

Its called Zimbabwe.

Yep, white supremacists would rather see millions of blacks dead too. I didn't think you were one of those racists, but, based on this comment, I guess you are.

$_1.JPG

Its called Zimbabwe.

Yep, white supremacists would rather see millions of blacks dead too. I didn't think you were one of those racists, but, based on this comment, I guess you are.
Yes I'd rather see millions of Blacks dead than under the thumb of whites. They were fine before whites arrived. They will get back to that equilibrium in due time.

$_1.JPG

Its called Zimbabwe.

Yes I'd rather see millions of Blacks dead than under the thumb of whites. They were fine before whites arrived. They will get back to that equilibrium in due time.

I am sure the ones who are burying their children feel the same as you.

Its called Zimbabwe.

I am sure the ones who are burying their children feel the same as you.
I bet they do too. Matter of fact I know some that feel the same way.

$_1.JPG

Its called Zimbabwe.

"I'd rather see millions of Blacks dead than under the thumb of Whites"? Is that what passes for prog political thought these days? No wonder most of Africa is still a dangerous shit hole.

Its called Zimbabwe.

"I'd rather see millions of Blacks dead than under the thumb of Whites"? Is that what passes for prog political thought these days? No wonder most of Africa is still a dangerous shit hole.
All the more reason for whites to stay away. Be afraid.

Afraid of what? A bunch of starving kids? The only thing frightening in Africa are the diseases and the Big 5. All other things are simple.

I rather feel the need to point out that most parts of Africa aren't starving, and that Rhodesia saw really shitty living conditions for a majority of the domestic population.

I rather feel the need to point out that most parts of Africa aren't starving, and that Rhodesia saw really shitty living conditions for a majority of the domestic population.

How are those living conditions under Mugabe?

Shitty, but Zimbabwe is really the only country that hasn't seen economic improvement since majority rule so it isn't a very representative sample of post-colonialism. And its meager existence now doesn't in any way justify the blatant human rights abuses associated with the Southern Rhodesian state.

Shitty, but Zimbabwe is really the only country that hasn't seen economic improvement since majority rule so it isn't a very representative sample of post-colonialism. And its meager existence now doesn't in any way justify the blatant human rights abuses associated with the Southern Rhodesian state.

South Africa is likewise slipping into the abyss. While I think we all agree that the abuses under the white regime were outrageous, the current regime is worse. Based purely on the numbers of people dieing of starvation Zimbabwe is collapsing. Mugabe and his asshole sycophants are doing great, but the rest of the people are dieing so that prick can live the good life.

South Africa is likewise slipping into the abyss. While I think we all agree that the abuses under the white regime were outrageous, the current regime is worse. Based purely on the numbers of people dieing of starvation Zimbabwe is collapsing. Mugabe and his asshole sycophants are doing great, but the rest of the people are dieing so that prick can live the good life.

Oh you'll find no support for Mugabe from me. I am just stating that the Rhodesian government was rather horrible and inhumane and that I was not sorry in the least to see it vanish from existence. It didn't really have many redeemable qualities. Same with Apartheid South Africa.

Afraid of what? A bunch of starving kids? The only thing frightening in Africa are the diseases and the Big 5. All other things are simple.
Well you said it was dangerous. Make up your mind.

It is dangerous. Instability in Africa has long had security implications for us. Al Qaeda got a lot of its start-up capital from the civil wars in Liberia and Sierra Leone for example (through the blood diamond trade).

It is dangerous. Instability in Africa has long had security implications for us. Al Qaeda got a lot of its start-up capital from the civil wars in Liberia and Sierra Leone for example (through the blood diamond trade).
All financed and backed by white people. They are like a virus on the continent of Africa.

All financed and backed by white people. They are like a virus on the continent of Africa.

Charles Taylor wasn't white.

Forum List

Back