Rewriting the Dictionary - Anchor Baby now "offensive"

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by chanel, Dec 9, 2011.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Control language; control thought. :eusa_shhh:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,465
    It's always been an offensive slur.

3. percysunshine

percysunshine Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,888
    It is a good thing that we, on USMessageBoard, are not constrained by political correctness,

There is nothing wrong with using babies as anchors in port....with enough lead...

4. Wolfmoon

Wolfmoon U B U & I'll B Me 4 USA!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +146
    "The 'anchor baby' thing needs to be fixed ... Anchor babies are an unconstitutional declaration of citizenship to those born of non-Americans. It's wrong, and it's immoral."

'Anchor Baby' Phrase Has Controversial History - ABC News

We know they're really assholes but we though we'd be nice and just call them Anchor Babies instead.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  5. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    I guarantee that many illegals refer to their own children as "anchors". (Ooops, perhaps I should have said "undocumented")

6. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    You and obama agree ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgMcht-EW6I]Obama in Wisconsin: Words Matter - YouTube[/ame]

7. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    Bastardization of the 14th Amendment... thats all.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EYlXay0njE]South Park's Officer Barbrady Nothing To See Here - YouTube[/ame]

8. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,402
    I am getting really sick and tired of the left dictating to the population at large what will and will not be deemed 'offensive'. If it is okay to call a person 'white', it is okay to call a person 'black' instead of "African American', most especially when the person is a natural born, red blooded, American who has never been out of the country.

If it is okay for black people to use the 'n' word in song and rap lyrics and ethnic poetry, then it is okay for ANYBODY to use the 'n' word. Conversely, if it is wrong for some people to use that word, then it is wrong for everybody to use that word. The same applies to 'ho and any other number of words that have found their way into our vernacular.

I say Merry Christmas to everybody no matter what they look like or how they are dressed. It is my personal glad tidings of the season and if it offends somebody, that somebody should get over it now.

For me 'liberal' and 'conservative' in America have unique and identifiable characteristics and it save a ton of time to use the labels instead of having to spell out those characteristics in every conversation. Those who don't like it can find something else to do.

And as for anchor baby, that is exactly what these kids are. Mom feels the beginnings of labor pains and scurries across the border to an American hospital to have the baby - or she ducks ICE long enough here to get pregant and deliver. That way her baby will be a U.S. citizen under current law and we generous Americans simply don't have the heart to rip that new citizen out of her arms and send her home. The baby 'anchors' her to the USA and makes it politically difficult to deport her. It is absurd to label it a derogatory term when it is what it is.

I tell you people, if we don't start standing up on our hind legs and defending the American language and culture and rule of law, we are going to lose it. And today is as good a day to start defending it as any.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  9. derk

derk The Amiable Host

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +186
    reason for a sound policy based on fairness and principle. We simply cannot stand for anymore lazzie fair left wing-ninnery. We said no- WE MEAN NO! Our elected leaders will start governing for America, not to it -or we will continue to go to the polls and sweep them out of office, until we get the government we want. Namely one that is for AMERICA!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Step 1 - classify "politically incorrect" language as "offensive"
    Step 2 - Southern Poverty Law Center labels any group who uses "offensive language" as a "hate group"
    Step 3 - Legal ramifications for those who use "hate speech"

Orwellian prophesy?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1