Rewarding failure

Funny ... though expected. The extreme left are denying that Obama supports this bailout crap so they can say it's all Jrs. fault, but the extreme right are using it to say Obama is bad while ignoring the fact that Jr. did it to.

Nonsense... We didn't like it when GW did it and it's only GOTTEN EXPONENTIALLY WORSE since Hussein took the reigns...

Seriously? So then all that whining about having to support Jr. just because he's president was just someone else?

On the serious side, it wasn't just George ... why can't you acknowledge the fact that none of these people act on their own? Wait ... that's what the cons with brains say ... damn you DiveCon and Gunny!

Funny ... though expected. The extreme left are denying that Obama supports this bailout crap so they can say it's all Jrs. fault, but the extreme right are using it to say Obama is bad while ignoring the fact that Jr. did it to.

Nonsense... We didn't like it when GW did it and it's only GOTTEN EXPONENTIALLY WORSE since Hussein took the reigns...

Seriously? So then all that whining about having to support Jr. just because he's president was just someone else?

On the serious side, it wasn't just George ... why can't you acknowledge the fact that none of these people act on their own? Wait ... that's what the cons with brains say ... damn you DiveCon and Gunny!

Yeah, that's right because we always supported GW, except where he tried to nominate a lightweight female centrists to the SC; when he tried to give amnesty to 20 million Illegal aliens, when he signed the largest increase in entitlement spending since LBJ and when he declared that the financial sky was falling and we had to pony up a trillion dollars by sundown or face our certain destruction...

Where GW made decisions in step with bed-rock principles, such as the the prosecution of the US Global War on Terror, in pursuit of and targeting radical Muslims for certain death or capture to purge them of the information they possess, so as to better target more radical Muslims... we supported those decisions FULLY.

Had he pussed out and started talking about 'understanding the enemies poor upbringing, and that their mother's didn't change their shitty diapers fast enough... we'd have disagreed with such a principle-less position as well; which we will WHEN HUSSEIN turns on Israel... even more than he already has.

Care, I imagine Timmy knew. That doesn't mean Obama did know or had any need to know.

Funny.. but when it came to another certain commander in chief.. and possibly not having knowledge of certain things... or when knowledge changed with further evidence... you screamed that either a) he did know or b) that he sould have known

just sayin'

Care, I imagine Timmy knew. That doesn't mean Obama did know or had any need to know.

Funny.. but when it came to another certain commander in chief.. and possibly not having knowledge of certain things... or when knowledge changed with further evidence... you screamed that either a) he did know or b) that he sould have known

just sayin'
amazing how that is, isnt it

would have loved to be in the room when timmy brings th o man up to speed......ya i knew about it....what should frost everyone worse than the 165 mill is the 20 billion of taxpayer money that went to foreign banks to prop them up.....

got love that the o man hired the dude that started passing out the money with no strings.....

just sayin'
Link?

They were dealing in fraudulant securities. So sue the whole lot of them for everything they have then throw them in the hoosgaw. Maybe then they can try to con the other cons out of their toothpaste.

Should the goverment take control of the NFL,Baseball,Basketball,NASCAR,(you get the point)& most of there stadiums were built with tax payer money.
So why not have the goverment control all business and see that the scores are Tied at end of game. If you think that the AIG bonuses should be given back then maybe Arod should give back his millions as he is a fuckup,Mike Phelps,and all the other fuckups in sports only seems fair--People you don't want to go here as your next.

I'm not making excuses for this administration, but those bonus were in place at the time of BOTH Bush II bailouts of AIG.

Give the size of the crises the BUSH II' admin was facing, I can easily see how such minor details as those bonuses were originally, and subsequently (too) overlooked.

The point is that the issue came to our attention eventually and is finally being questioned.

If find it rather disheartening that some of us are still trying to make this a partisan issue.

Now, look. The USA taxpayers owns the majority equity in this loser company.

Fires these bastards for incompetence and screw them and their bonuses.

No extra taxation is necessary. No breaking of contracts is necessary, eiither.

They don't DESERVE bonuses they deserve to be shown the freaking door!

Last edited:
I'm not making excuses for this administration, but those bonus were in place at the time of BOTH Bush II bailouts of AIG.

Give the size of the crises the BUSH II' admin was facing, I can easily see how such minor details as those bonuses were originally, and subsequently (too) overlooked.

The point is that the issue came to our attention eventually and is finally being questioned.

If find it rather disheartening that some of us are still trying to make this a partisan issue.

Since we own the business, who is in charge of resupplying bathrooms with toilet paper ? There could be soem real opportunties here for some real go-getter types.

And I can share a lot of that FEELING... but that is a FEELING.... what they are contractually obligated to is a different thing... I don't agree with a lot of the smoke the DEMs are blowing here... some of which can be VERY dangerous... especially if the precedent is set from those ones who are saying dangerous things like they want to 'punish' even if it means taxing those bonuses "100%"... if that precedent is set, look out for dangerous times with government power ahead

And I can share a lot of that FEELING... but that is a FEELING.... what they are contractually obligated to is a different thing... I don't agree with a lot of the smoke the DEMs are blowing here... some of which can be VERY dangerous... especially if the precedent is set from those ones who are saying dangerous things like they want to 'punish' even if it means taxing those bonuses "100%"... if that precedent is set, look out for dangerous times with government power ahead

Depends on the contractual arrangement, doesn't it?

Here's what the USA stockholders CAN do...they can declare the company bankrupt.

In that bankruptsy agreement, assume all debts EXCEPT those contracts.

If GM can fuck over the AUW contracts, the US government can fuck over those AIG contracts too.

As to the 100% taxation threat?

I I cannot believe that that would be legal.

got love that the o man hired the dude that started passing out the money with no strings.....

Really, he started it? I thought the no strings no information started with Paulson and Bush. Maybe my calendar is backward.

Blarney Frank should get fired for HIS incompetence instead of threatening AIG employees....but this is all a diversionary tactic to keep the eye off the real ball of money....

While Obama, Blarney, and friends make a big stink about a few paltry bonus millions, BILLIONS are going to Goldman Sachs and European banks with no real accountability....

Biggest Sums

Goldman Sachs led beneficiaries, with $12.9 billion, followed by SocGen, France’s No. 3 bank, with $11.9 billion, and Deutsche Bank, Germany’s biggest lender, with $11.8 billion. AIG and the Fed had previously refused to reveal the counterparties, saying the contracts were confidential and that the information could damage AIG’s business prospects.

AIG Discloses Counterparties as Obama, Cuomo Assail Bonuses - Bloomberg.com

:clap2: Too bad the Obama media is so complicit in his diversionary tactics. The government is not our friend, they are not out to help us, the American people need to wake up.

Last edited:

That is one of the scariest things, that they think they can get on national television and spout ridiculous bs that they know they cannot do, like taxing the bonuses 90-100%. They are telling outright lies. Not only that, how can anyone do business or create legal binding contracts if the feds have the power to come in at any time at their own whim and over turn them. These are course altering patterns in our country's history, and all people are upset over is a few million dollars whenever Obama is up there spending trillions.

Anybody care that Dodd was responsible for the AIG bonuses being paid out?

Dodd? How bout Specter, Snowe, Collins, all the Dems, Pelosi, Reid, . . . all voted yes on the stim package (but none read it). At last, but certainly not least, Timmy and Barry.

Last edited:
People it was under contracts.

Anybody care about the law?

the reason it was not in there is it was illegal.

They now found a legal way to recoup the money and you guys are still hallucinating about how it means something else.

People it was under contracts.

Anybody care about the law?

the reason it was not in there is it was illegal.

They now found a legal way to recoup the money and you guys are still hallucinating about how it means something else.
had they not given them tax payer funds in the first place, this wouldnt be a problem
they would have filed chapter 11 and the contracts would have been worthless

Forum List

Back