Revisionists for POTUS!

actually shes right. read anything regarding slavery by adams, washington, jefferson, etc. especially jefferson who owned slaves but understood the institution to be barbaric and inhumane in his own writings. the constitution was designed for a united states that would end slavery eventually and it happened. even lincoln AND douglas credited the founders for writing the constitution as a path to end slavery in their own writing. its not revisionist its just bringing truth back from the revisionist FDR generation. read the first hand sources, guys, instead of the secondary nonsense with political bias.

if i am wrong quote me a primary source written by any founding father saying slavery should exist forever and ill look into it.

What a crock of shite. Slavery is slavery and slave owners are bad people. Do not try to cover up for these guys because they were the founding fathers.

actually shes right. read anything regarding slavery by adams, washington, jefferson, etc. especially jefferson who owned slaves but understood the institution to be barbaric and inhumane in his own writings. the constitution was designed for a united states that would end slavery eventually and it happened. even lincoln AND douglas credited the founders for writing the constitution as a path to end slavery in their own writing. its not revisionist its just bringing truth back from the revisionist FDR generation. read the first hand sources, guys, instead of the secondary nonsense with political bias.

if i am wrong quote me a primary source written by any founding father saying slavery should exist forever and ill look into it.

What a crock of shite. Slavery is slavery and slave owners are bad people. Do not try to cover up for these guys because they were the founding fathers.

Man, the appropriate study and conduit of understanding for history is the concept of context, not some kind of pre-biased judgment. For with the latter all you can accomplish with your efforts is the exact same thing you espouse towards those like me who understand context, and that is the achievement of ignorance. In essence, you shoot yourself in the foot.

Man, the appropriate study and conduit of understanding for history is the concept of context, not some kind of pre-biased judgment. For with the latter all you can accomplish with your efforts is the exact same thing you espouse towards those like me who understand context, and that is the achievement of ignorance. In essence, you shoot yourself in the foot.

Owning another human being as your slave is despicable, unacceptable behavior. Jefferson and the like do not get a free pass. You are just blowing smoke...

Owning another human being as your slave is despicable, unacceptable behavior. Jefferson and the like do not get a free pass. You are just blowing smoke...

its easy to say that now. what if 200 years from now the very thought of us using computers in this time period is thought of as "unacceptable behavior" because maybe 200 years from now computers are self aware life forms? Or maybe 200 years from now someone invents a device that allows animals to communicate in a way humans can understand and since in that time period eating meat is banned because animals can communicate, so they look at this time period as a period of "unacceptable behavior"? Think about it. I am not saying it was ever "ok" I am saying if you judge everything in history using a prism that is grounded in modern times, you will never understand the context of the situations of the past and thus will never learn the truth of various events in history or truly understand the people who lived in those times.

Last edited:
since the dude with the weird robot avatar loves wikipedia, I will return the favor...

and i do thank you Liberty

perhaps more posters will follow the lead , with respect that history isn't the 20/20 hindsight our elected (or pending election) politicians would like it present it as

that said, moving the goal posts to define a national gestalt some 80 odd years after the constitution was written , and then anologizing the flux of future social order as perspective to this does not in any way shape or form make an argument for Quackman's floundering fathers slavery stance

NEXT!
~S~

She should not have said such a blanket statement without backing it up with facts and examples, and should know better. I will say that much.

The issue of slvery was debated openly and thoroughly.

Many of those who objected to slavery on moral principles, voted in favor of the compromise for ECONOMIC and POLITICAL reasons.

And that is a stain on not only those who voted for slavery, but on the whole nation, too.

The Flounding Fathers could not have gotten the consitution passed if they hadn't voted to allow slavery to continue.

All those boys did was pass that shitty end of the stick to the next generations and the outcome was finally settled with that civil war.

Many of those who objected to slavery on moral principles, voted in favor of the compromise for ECONOMIC and POLITICAL reasons.

QUOTE]

and nothings changed one iota since Editec.....

now i won't bore you with indulgent diversions of my own OP here, save to say that at least the slaves of the era knew they were being sold down the river as slaves

if ya catch my drift....

Forum List

Back