Restaurant Owner Offers Discount to People With Concealed Carry Permits

Twisted

Sep 11, 2015
I think this is awesome.

Indy restaurant offers deal for concealed carry permits

"Papa Roux owner Art Bouvier says a man with a gun entered his far east side restaurant Saturday night.

He says customers were in the restaurant, but no one was hurt.

On Sunday, Bouvier posted on Facebook that he’ll give a 25 percent discount to future customers who can show a concealed carry permit.

“I don’t see that it makes anything worse by letting those people think twice about coming in here,” Bouvier explained. “And thinking, ‘Oh my gosh, there might be people in here that do have weapons…’ And I don’t want the OK Corral, I don’t want a shootout, I actually just want the deterrent.”

Sounds like a clever business move. Get a few more new customers and a bunch of free press; however, I would need to see the permit and the gun though for the discount to apply. What good is the permit as a deterrent if the gun is in the car or at home? lol.

25%….now that is a deal……I wish I lived there and actually like that kind of food.

Saw the guy interviewed this morning. Said it has cost him some customers, which he understood due to the controversy of his decision, but felt it was worth carrying on with it.

I would imagine though with the publicity being generated his place will attract new clientele in support, and as long as they like the food they'll likely be back.

Forum List

Back