Rest in Peace Soupy...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
http://www.popeater.com/2009/10/23/...m/2009/10/23/comedian-soupy-sales-dies-at-83/

SoupySales.1.jpg

:(

peace...

Last edited:
i'd say over half the people on this board don't know who soupy was.

What kind of name was 'Soupy' anyway? Does anyone know where that came from? Did he plop out and his mum looked at him and say (in a high-pitched-man-dressed-as-a-woman-Pythonesque-voice): "O, he looks like a Soupy he does'?

I remember S.S, he was silly sort. RIP

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
My Parents who both Passed last year about this time at the ages of 84 and 88, this was their Day...

I was Raised on all of this, from Soupy to Lawrence Welk to Cash and the rest...

I Miss my Parents.

A Local Politician in my Hood Died recently... He was 84. My M and Pa Knew him.

Shroyer remembered for integrity, passion

We are Losing a GREAT Generation.

Go and Talk to them if you still have the Oppurtunity.

They have a Lot to Share.

:)

peace...

As a kid, I didn't care for Soupy Sales tv show

As an adult though, I saw Soupy was a very funny guy

tha malcontent, I miss my mom (eight years now). My dad is failing. He was a WWII with campaigns, landings, and purple hearts. He was 21 when he finally came home. What an amazing generation the Depression and World War II men and women truley were.

Soupy Sales was silly. He was supposed to be silly. And he made me laugh. RIP.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
tha malcontent, I miss my mom (eight years now). My dad is failing. He was a WWII with campaigns, landings, and purple hearts. He was 21 when he finally came home. What an amazing generation the Depression and World War II men and women truley were.

Soupy Sales was silly. He was supposed to be silly. And he made me laugh. RIP.

Tell him Thank you from me... I Miss Telling my Dad that... He NEVER Spoke about WWII until the Gulf War...

And then one other Time after that.

He Left France in France and came Home to Work his Ass Off almost until he was 80...

He was Cutting Meat in his Late 70's.

He was my Strength and my Mom was my Heart...

Now I have my Wife and my Blessings of Children.

On a day like today, they would have told me about seeing Soupy in Vegas or something like that...

Damn.

peace...

Next Month is the One Year of my Mom and Dad Passing... :(

This is what I Wrote at the Time:

Rest in Peace Mom and Dad...

Like it was Yesterday and yet a Lifetime ago... The last Year has been a Blur.

I still get the Urge to call them from my Office in the Mornings to Check on them like I used to, or Drive by and see if my Dad is up...

Not there.

I was Blessed to have them as I long as I did.

peace...

As a kid I had a few of his stories on 45's that I played on my "Close and Play" record player (circa late 60's).

Rest in peace Soupy.

Forum List

Back