Retired General Slams Cheney As "Incompetent War Fighter"

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY

Retired General Paul Eaton, senior adviser to the National Security Network, has hit back hard at Dick Cheney a day after the former vice president criticized the Obama administration again for "dithering while America's armed forces are in danger." In a speech Wednesday night, Cheney said, "President Obama now seems afraid to make a decision, and unable to provide his commander on the ground with the troops he needs to complete his mission."
In an NSN press release, Eaton empties his chamber:

The record is clear: Dick Cheney and the Bush administration were incompetent war fighters. They ignored Afghanistan for 7 years with a crude approach to counter-insurgency warfare best illustrated by: 1. Deny it. 2. Ignore it. 3. Bomb it. While our intelligence agencies called the region the greatest threat to America, the Bush White House under-resourced our military efforts, shifted attention to Iraq, and failed to bring to justice the masterminds of September 11.
The only time Cheney and his cabal of foreign policy 'experts' have anything to say is when they feel compelled to protect this failed legacy. While President Obama is tasked with cleaning up the considerable mess they left behind, they continue to defend torture or rewrite a legacy of indifference on Afghanistan. Simply put, Mr. Cheney sees history throughout extremely myopic and partisan eyes.​

he's gettin to youse guys isn't he.. all you have to do is stfu with barking blame everyday :lol::lol::lol::lol:

he's gettin to youse guys isn't he.. all you have to do is stfu with barking blame everyday :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cheney's been getting to me since he stol..errr.... "won" the election in 2000. Right now Obama has to clean up 3 major messes the Bush administration created: Iraq, Afghanistan and our economy. Then he can begin with his own agenda.

Retired General Paul Eaton, senior adviser to the National Security Network, has hit back hard at Dick Cheney a day after the former vice president criticized the Obama administration again for "dithering while America's armed forces are in danger." In a speech Wednesday night, Cheney said, "President Obama now seems afraid to make a decision, and unable to provide his commander on the ground with the troops he needs to complete his mission."
In an NSN press release, Eaton empties his chamber:

The record is clear: Dick Cheney and the Bush administration were incompetent war fighters. They ignored Afghanistan for 7 years with a crude approach to counter-insurgency warfare best illustrated by: 1. Deny it. 2. Ignore it. 3. Bomb it. While our intelligence agencies called the region the greatest threat to America, the Bush White House under-resourced our military efforts, shifted attention to Iraq, and failed to bring to justice the masterminds of September 11.
The only time Cheney and his cabal of foreign policy 'experts' have anything to say is when they feel compelled to protect this failed legacy. While President Obama is tasked with cleaning up the considerable mess they left behind, they continue to defend torture or rewrite a legacy of indifference on Afghanistan. Simply put, Mr. Cheney sees history throughout extremely myopic and partisan eyes.​

You can see the panic in Dick Cheney as he tries to protect his disasterous legacy. It was an amazing string of horrific decisions advocated by Cheney that destroyed the once promising Bush presidency.

The Dick Cheney, history rewrite tour is getting tiresome

Cheney is pimping for Halliburton.......again. I say if he keeps it up, Holder should nail his ass, despite what Obama wants. Keeper of the flame.....what a farce.

And what a glutton for punishment Rummy is......you've gotta get your act together Donald, being seen with the Keeper of the Flame is majorly lame.

Cheney's been getting to me since he stol..errr.... "won" the election in 2000. Right now Obama has to clean up 3 major messes the Bush administration created: Iraq, Afghanistan and our economy. Then he can begin with his own agenda.

:lol::lol::lol: memorization is so much easier than thinking. innit?

Obama is following what was already laid out by the Bush administration in Afghanistan. It was well known Obama had no foreign policy experience and was only concerned with playing to his base on the war in Iraq and now with the war in Afghanistan. Biden was supposed to be the one with foreign policy experience, but we can see how that's working out. Strange things is H. Clinton is being keep quite. I would think she would be playing a bigger role with Afghanistan.

Cheney is afraid to leave the country. I wonder how many warrents are out for his arrest as a "war criminal"? Him and Bush.

Could you imagine if either one was arrested? The hilarity?

Cheney is afraid to leave the country. I wonder how many warrents are out for his arrest as a "war criminal"? Him and Bush.

You are not kidding.

There are many areas in Europe where Cheney could not set foot. He could share a cell with Roman Polanski

Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld and others can't leave the country for fear of being arrested as war criminals.

Notice the looniness of willow's posts. They are an excellent example of the delusional alternate reality in which she lives. She truly believe in it, I know, but that does not excuse her looniness.

Mainstream and moderate America despise the far right reactionary nuttiness as represented by Dick Cheney.

Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld and others can't leave the country for fear of being arrested as war criminals.

Notice the looniness of willow's posts. They are an excellent example of the delusional alternate reality in which she lives. She truly believe in it, I know, but that does not excuse her looniness.

Mainstream and moderate America despise the far right reactionary nuttiness as represented by Dick Cheney.

Prove all these claims are true.

They have all been validated on the board at one time or another.

So, no, you don't get to play peek and boo.

Get off your dead butt, offer a rational conservative program, get a solid conservative moderate with a calm voice to offer your program, and stop the looniness that got your guys thrown out of office.

They have all been validated on the board at one time or another.

So, no, you don't get to play peek and boo.

Get off your dead butt, offer a rational conservative program, get a solid conservative moderate with a calm voice to offer your program, and stop the looniness that got your guys thrown out of office.

liar.

adjust your meds, jake.

Right now Obama has to clean up 3 major messes the Bush administration created: Iraq, Afghanistan and our economy. Then he can begin with his own agenda.
Iraq I would be willing to lay completely at the feet of Bush Jr. and his administration.
Afghanistan is a cloudier issue - Clinton could have made it much harder for 9/11 to succeed, both with decent use of intelligence assets and a better foreign policy. In that respect one could make a claim that Afghanistan was a "mess" Bush had to clean up which Clinton left.
The Economy is a result of dozens of different issues, Bush Jr's policies are but a drop in that bucket. The one positive thing which the government could actually do is lower the deficit and so far Obama has not made any move in that direction. Rather the reverse.

Cheney's been getting to me since he stol..errr.... "won" the election in 2000. Right now Obama has to clean up 3 major messes the Bush administration created: Iraq, Afghanistan and our economy. Then he can begin with his own agenda

I want some of what this dumbfuck is smoking...

Let us say that Cheney left the country and some crazy anarchist or communists shot Cheney and killed him, should we go retrieve Cheney's body?:eusa_eh:

he's gettin to youse guys isn't he.. all you have to do is stfu with barking blame everyday

1)Iraq was a mess that Bush cleaned-up, Obama gets to withdraw the troops and take some sort of credit for doing nothing of significance. In fact he acts as apologist-in-chief.

2) AFG was a puss case well before Clinton, it will be a puss case well after Obama. I defy you to explain how Bush "created the AFG mess".

3) Our economic problems were created by the dems giving mortgages to the unqualified, while Fannie, Freddie, and Mozillo contributed to the dems for their legislative "protection". Obama took the largest bribes to setup the financial collapse, and blocked all GOP attempts at regulating the financial mess. Do your own research, if you can't find any of these claims let me know and I'll furnish the links.

Forum List

Back