Respected Journalist Goes Over The Edge Compares Comey Firing To JFK Assassination

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
If this media meltdown wasn't already a joke, it's now infecting even some of the most respected journalists in the field.

Schieffer Slams Trump: Comey Firing Reminds Me of JFK Assassination

694940094001_5432450608001_Media-on-The-Five.jpg

bob-schieffer.jpg

Veteran CBS journalist Bob Schieffer slammed President Trump's handling of former FBI Director James Comey's firing, saying the "conspiracy theories" it raised reminded him of those in the wake of the Kennedy assassination.

Schieffer told "CBS This Morning" that the firing had "many parallels" to President Richard Nixon's Watergate scandal, but added it reminded him of the aftermath of the Kennedy assassination as well.

"I was there, as you know. I have always felt that if Lee Harvey Oswald had been put on trial, a lot of these conspiracy theories that are still circulating today would have been put at rest then," Schieffer said.

The former "Face The Nation" anchor said Trump has to do a better job of explaining himself regarding Comey, remarking that tweeting about fake news does not cut it.

Spicer Pressed on Clapper's New Comments on Trump-Russia Collusion

Police: Woman Followed GOP Lawmaker, Confronted Him After Town Hall

'They're Not Informing the Public': Varney Blasts Media's Trump 'Hate-Fest'

Schieffer said the events of the past week are "like something out of a 'Godfather' movie" and are not grounded in the Constitution."

He criticized Trump for allegedly demanding loyalty from Comey, saying it bordered on obstruction of justice and was "totally improper."

Schieffer also took aim and the president's press staffers, saying that Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Sean Spicer "can't get their story straight."

"[This is] the original amateur hour," Schieffer said.

On "The Five," Jesse Watters said that if members of the media continues to speak like Schieffer, the public's trust in their analysis and polling will decline.​

Looks like the orange hued shitgibbon is going down faster then anyone thought and its HUGE!!!

If this media meltdown wasn't already a joke, it's now infecting even some of the most respected journalists in the field.

bob-schieffer.jpg

Veteran CBS journalist Bob Schieffer slammed President Trump's handling of former FBI Director James Comey's firing, saying the "conspiracy theories" it raised reminded him of those in the wake of the Kennedy assassination.

Schieffer told "CBS This Morning" that the firing had "many parallels" to President Richard Nixon's Watergate scandal, but added it reminded him of the aftermath of the Kennedy assassination as well.

"I was there, as you know. I have always felt that if Lee Harvey Oswald had been put on trial, a lot of these conspiracy theories that are still circulating today would have been put at rest then," Schieffer said.

The former "Face The Nation" anchor said Trump has to do a better job of explaining himself regarding Comey, remarking that tweeting about fake news does not cut it.

Schieffer said the events of the past week are "like something out of a 'Godfather' movie" and are not grounded in the Constitution."

He criticized Trump for allegedly demanding loyalty from Comey, saying it bordered on obstruction of justice and was "totally improper."

Schieffer also took aim and the president's press staffers, saying that Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Sean Spicer "can't get their story straight."

On "The Five," Jesse Watters said that if members of the media continues to speak like Schieffer, the public's trust in their analysis and polling will decline.​
That implies it is not already in decline.

bob-schieffer.jpg

Yes, you rubes did, after all, run on the premise that America is shit

bob-schieffer.jpg

I love when an idiot calls others rube.

bob-schieffer.jpg

Nope ---- just moving rapidly down that road, pushed by the likes of you. We stopped YOU from destroying this country ... unfortunately, it isn't over yet.

Looks like the orange hued shitgibbon is going down faster then anyone thought and its HUGE!!!
You must be talking about that shart effect that just occured in your underwear. Enjoy.

I don't think it will be that easy, Motherfucker.
It wont be easy for sure, but Trump needs to wake up to the undermining efforts of the GOP Establishment and proceed with dynamic action with that in view.
The curse of any free society is bad actors try to take advantage of the loopholes in the law. Loopholes like a press that feels it can say and do anything it wants. Loopholes like going on television and making up any lie and not paying a price for it. Loopholes like judges that refuse to follow the laws they don't agree with. Loopholes like members of Congress that lie to the press and obstruct everything. Good men who only want the best for the people of this country are under all out assault from people who only want to do harm and get rich in the process.

This is the gravest threat in every society. Criminals in positions of power. The more free a society the graver the threat. This is why there are more dictators in the Middle-East than Theocracies. Because they know that authoritarianism is the only protection from fanaticism. It's a sad testimony of humanity, that greed and the lust for power trumps the need for peace and tranquility.

Democrats and their lying president have committed terrible crimes against the people of this country and Trump threatens this monopoly. They will stop at nothing to prevent him from cleaning house.

bob-schieffer.jpg

bob-schieffer.jpg

No wonder that this mold ridden fossil got his ass kicked out of Face The Nation.

Forum List

Back