Repubs who ended T Party shutdown targeted by Heritage & CFG

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Those Repubs averted another Tea Party downgrade & they're being punished :dunno: Wow!. Just wow!!! :shock:

Conservative groups target U.S. Republicans who voted to end shutdown
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Groups aligned with the Tea Party movement are targeting two Republican U.S. senators who backed a bipartisan budget plan on Thursday, vowing to support their challengers in Republican primaries before congressional elections in 2014.

Last edited:
The RINOs knew, or should have known, that there was an expensive price tag on caving in. Yes, they are going to be "primaried" and by alternative, conservative candidates whose supporters have deep pockets. If those union thugs don't want to lose their choirboys they need to divert a whole pile of money from their usual tame Democrat candidates to RINOs paying for their treason.

Last edited:
The end of the Tea Party as a political factor will come when Republican incumbents fend off these TP primary challenges on a frequent basis,

which is very likely to begin in the 2014 cycle.

Those Repubs averted another Tea Party downgrade & they're being punished :dunno: Wow!. Just wow!!! :shock:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Groups aligned with the Tea Party movement are targeting two Republican U.S. senators who backed a bipartisan budget plan on Thursday, vowing to support their challengers in Republican primaries before congressional elections in 2014.

I don't give to Republican candidates or causes, but after Mitch McConnell's display of priorities during his negotiations, I'm ready to give to the Matt Bevin fund, running against McConnell.

Heritage is a dime and two weeks late.

The moderate GOP big money bags are already funding good candidates against the TPM political terrorists.

We will cut their numbers in half yet once again in the primaries alone. Let's see what 16 to 18 frightened winners will do in 2015. Gonna be nice are they?

The RINOs knew, or should have known, that there was an expensive price tag on caving in. Yes, they are going to be "primaried" and by alternative, conservative candidates whose supporters have deep pockets. If those union thugs don't want to lose their choirboys they need to divert a whole pile of money from their usual tame Democrat candidates to RINOs paying for their treason.

I think the whole RINO moniker is backwards. The conservatives being targeted are the REAL Republicans. It's the tea party types who are the RINOs.

Fun part is Democrat union thugs will contribute heavily to RINOS who are primaried. Perhaps enough that the RINO might be nominated. Then the union money disappears; the conservative money stays in the wallet and the Democrat wins.

Only America loses.

Fortunately both of my Republican Officials in D.C. voted against the CR. Of course the one Democrat voted for it.

I think the whole RINO moniker is backwards. The conservatives being targeted are the REAL Republicans. It's the tea party types who are the RINOs.

Your defination of "RINO" is wrong then.

That is unless you don't count Conservatives as Republicans but do count Liberals like Starkey as one.

In that case, I'm a RINO also.

DeMint, at Heritage, thinks he is the Speaker. Maybe he is w/ access to all that koch $$$.

Last edited:
All four of our reps are going to face primary challenges, very expensive ones.

I stone cold Dems who say they will vote against Matheson period (even if it comes down to voting for Mia Love), and the three very conservative or TP Pubs are in for hard fights. They are already asking for Cruz money.

That is unless you don't count Conservatives as Republicans but do count Liberals like Starkey as one.

The TeaPs are, indeed, the RINOs, and we are going after them in the primaries.

You want to punish them, admit it. Kind of like Ralph Nader, huh. Is it that you think all unsanctioned voice should be shut down, or just those that are in disagreement with the central hive? You could give standing on principle a try, you might like it. Start by living within your means and encouraging others to do so. :)

living within our means? You have to admit that no one would have wanted to inherit what the President inherited in '08. Heres part of the reason (thanks to Billo_Really ;) )

Republican's did what first?

Republican's caused all the shit we went through these past few weeks because of these fanatical, bullshit issues they created.

I love how for 6 years from 2000-2006, republicans didn't say shit while the BA was pushing through legislation that nullified the Bill of Rights; started 2 bullshit, immoral and illegal wars that cost us over $4 trillion with nothing in return; politicized the justice dept; started torturing people and made us the most hated nation on earth under his watch. Through all this, not a peep from the right. Not one voice of protest or dissent.

Less than 10 days after Obama was inaugarated in his first term, the republican right opened their mouths and haven't shut them since. What is most disgusting about that is 90% of what the republican's are bitching about, either doesn't exist on planet earth or is blown way out of proportion.

Republicans are fucked and they deserve what they get.

I would just add to that the unpaid-for Medicare part D, & tax-cuts during war time.

Last edited:

By today's standards (and I use that term loosely) quite a few Republicans from the not so distant past either have been called RINOs, or would be considered RINOs and would be primaried and/or run out of the party. John McCain, Bob Dole, Bush 41, Richard Nixon, Ike, and even Reagan would be labeled so if they dared stray from what is considered orthodoxy by a cadre of unelected people who are intent of preventing any thought or ideas outside of what's been predetermined by them to be acceptable. That's an ideological rigidity that's anathema to our democratic republic.

Note that all of the men I mentioned were either president at one time or they ran for president as the GOP standard bearer. When the standard bearers over a period of recent decades are no longer considered worthy of being considered Republicans, something has changed. Consequently, I contend it's the new wave of self-appointed ideologues who are not real Republicans. Whatever they are, they're radicals and they're intention is obviously to upend both the party and this country.

With that said, I think it's become glaringly obvious in recent days that real Republicans better fight back if they hope to save their poltical party from being destroyed and becoming politically irrelevant in years to come.

so, are worried about Republicans now?

you find these unusual or what?

The Republicans are going to take the TeaPs before the Cruz Crazies take control of the party.

Forum List

Back