repubs vote themselves a salary increase amid cuts in social programs

We need to fully remove the social safety nets in our society. They’re immoral, unconstitutional and just wrong-headed on every level possible.

That being said, Elected Officials as a rule are vastly overpaid and need to have their salaries quartered, at least. Just as they should not be making a career of public office-holding.

Back in the day they were elected finished their term and then went back to their daily jobs being farmers and what not,as it should be.
The day politicians made a career out of being politicians it was all over.

We need to fully remove the social safety nets in our society. They’re immoral, unconstitutional and just wrong-headed on every level possible.

That being said, Elected Officials as a rule are vastly overpaid and need to have their salaries quartered, at least. Just as they should not be making a career of public office-holding.
Of course, and allow only property owners to vote, and give the 1%ers another tax beak, and re-elect trump so he can share secret documents with Poootin.

Of course, and allow only property owners to vote, and give the 1%ers another tax beak, and re-elect trump so he can share secret documents with Poootin
Only one of those I agree with is the land owners one. I believe in a flat tax with no exemptions or deductions and I have no use for DJT.

The same folks that were just a few weeks ago hysterically clamering about our budget deficit vote themselves a salary increase...while taking an ax to programs that help the poor.
I am against increasing the federal budget, including a pay raise for congress

But we need to control spending in the social programs also

Only one of those I agree with is the land owners one. I believe in a flat tax with no exemptions or deductions and I have no use for DJT.
Wait, you think only land owners should be able to vote? Am I correct in understanding what he are saying?

It is not really practicable to have a permanent residence in your home district, and someplace tolerable to sleep in DC on a Congressman's salary. It seems like a lot, but it can't work without significant other income. A wife's job or "other stuff."

Twelve years without a COLA? Gimmeafukkin break.

Really, everyone who votes against this should have their pay frozen.

It is not really practicable to have a permanent residence in your home district, and someplace tolerable to sleep in DC on a Congressman's salary. It seems like a lot, but it can't work without significant other income. A wife's job or "other stuff."

Twelve years without a COLA? Gimmeafukkin break.

Really, everyone who votes against this should have their pay frozen.
No one is arguing that Congress does not need a pay increase. The argument is the hypocrisy of repubs who speak from several sides of their mouth.

Wait, you think only land owners should be able to vote? Am I correct in understanding what he are saying?
You are 100% correct. I also believe you should be required to have been born here, have a high school diploma/GED, and be a tax payer in order to vote.

Oh, and be a biological Male.

They make about 175,000 a year. That's in the upper 10% of earners in the US.

And for a bunch of poor people, they sure are trotting out a bunch of millionaires.

And unless they win the lottery- ain't no raise going to keep up with Bidenflation
If you include Burger Fliippers, cashiers and janitors it is in the upper 10 percent

If you look at attorneys, corporate executives and others with their comparable level of responsibility……$174,000 is in the bottom ten percent

Forum List

Back