Higgins: 'The Most Ravenous Leviathan Of Our Government That Devours The People's Wealth' - The Department of Defense

of course we need the department of defense.

Arguably, everything but the department of defense is the most ravenous. Look at the Inflation Reduction act with provisions for $1 trillion to be spent on the failing renewable sustainable wind and solar industry.

The government is bloated with too many employees. Time to put the Government on a diet.

Defense, yes there is waste and corruption, but that is nothing compared to the rest of the government.

Arguably, everything but the department of defense is the most ravenous. Look at the Inflation Reduction act with provisions for $1 trillion to be spent on the failing renewable sustainable wind and solar industry.

The government is bloated with too many employees. Time to put the Government on a diet.

Defense, yes there is waste and corruption, but that is nothing compared to the rest of the government.

Yes, we need a DOD, but do we need a DOD with a budget larger than the military of the next 8 largest militaries out there?

Everyone needs a house to live in, but that does not mean everyone needs a 5000 sqft house.

Do you have any experience with the DOD or time in the military to base your claims on?

The number of Fed Employees has stayed pretty constant since 2000, even though the population of the country has gone up by 54 million, or a 19% grwoth.

Yes, we need a DOD, but do we need a DOD with a budget larger than the military of the next 8 largest militaries out there?

Everyone needs a house to live in, but that does not mean everyone needs a 5000 sqft house.

Do you have any experience with the DOD or time in the military to base your claims on?

The number of Fed Employees has stayed pretty constant since 2000, even though the population of the country has gone up by 54 million, or a 19% grwoth.
Yes, we need a military larger than the next 10 countries that could join together and fight us.

Marine veteran I am.

I do read a lot as well

No, I did not mean to imply that the other federal agencies are these thrifty pinchpennies, by any means.

I just heard a story on NPR this morning driving into work about the head of the US Department of agriculture. They led with the fact that she is a Latina, because of course that's what's important.

Among the problems they listed she is facing is what to do with all the money she will be getting from the so-called inflation reduction Act and from some other spending boondoggle that will pump money into her agency with no current plan on how to spend it.

Growing up and going to college in Texas I dated a lot of Latinas and I never met one yet that would stress out about having a lot of money to spend. So we must be talking about a boatload of cash.

Forum List

Back