Republicans want to raise taxes on those making less than 106K a year

It averages out to about a thousand dollars a year from what I hear. That translates to about 19 dollars a week on an average. Do you really think that 20 bucks a week is going to jumpstart our economy? Get real and come up with a solution that actually has a lasting impact.

No, but $20 extra for the middle class will have a greater impact on the economy than $20,000 extra for the wealthy would have.

Republicans will defend to the death tax breaks for the rich, but don't care about raising taxes on working people.

You guys are the ones who keep talking about Everyone paying their fair Share while half the People Pay nothing and 10% of them pay 90%.

You guys want to make that even more skewed so even more people pay nothing and the top 10% carry even more of the Burden.

Sorry anyone who knows the Definition of Fair, Knows you are full of shit.

Do you think that if you say this enough it will make it true?

I think those minimum wage idiots - like NYCarbineer - should pay more taxes. For once.

Let them feel the pain we rich bastards have been enduring for years.

I say raise taxes 40% on welfare cases like NYCarbineer. People of his ilk have been bitching for months about raising taxes, time to man up and grow a set.

Yep, I am in favor of it.

I would appreciate it if you did not incorrectly class yourself with me.

and what do you call fair share?

squeezing pennys out of the starving?

You would have to have debtors prison for the ones who decided to eat instead of pay taxes.

The "starving" don't pay taxes, stupid.

Show us where they do.

Every working person in the country pays payroll taxes. Everyone who buys stuff pays sales taxes. Everyone who has property pays property taxes.

Number 1 is False. Everyone who is working does not Pay Federal Income Tax. Everyone pays FICA and MC. 51% of them however get all, or more of the money withheld for Federal Income Taxes back in their Tax Return.

It was stupid to cut the payroll tax in the first place, and I said so at the time,

with all this lamenting about how SS and Medicare were going to go broke, blah, blah, and then they cut the revenues that are supposed to keep them from going broke??

When you are in a deflationary spiral, the government has to create demand.

One of the best ways is tax cuts and government spending.

Simple economics.

You can't keep cutting taxes to stimulate the economy if you're not willing to raise them when the economy heats up in order to pay off what you borrowed.

We're in a tax cut death spiral.

IOW, liberals are 100% in favor of raising taxes...unless it's their taxes being raised...got it.

Geeze, can anyone ever get anything right on this board? Most Jewish people are liberal and wealthy and are obviously in favor of raising their own taxes. My husband is liberal, Jewish, and wealthy and is very much in favor of raising taxes on himself.

It averages out to about a thousand dollars a year from what I hear. That translates to about 19 dollars a week on an average. Do you really think that 20 bucks a week is going to jumpstart our economy? Get real and come up with a solution that actually has a lasting impact.

No, but $20 extra for the middle class will have a greater impact on the economy than $20,000 extra for the wealthy would have.

Pure BS. The best way to help the Economy is to put more money in the hands of Job Creators, and the Consumers.

Incomes from 200k to 1 Million account for the Vast Majority of Small Businesses. Those are the People we need to cut taxes on. Job Creators.

The bottom 50% control 2.5% of the wealth in this country, but that is who the Republicans want to carry the tax burden.

When these people only pay (for example) $400 in taxes all year long, and then get back $2,400 that equals - NOT. PAYING. TAXES

:eusa_whistle:

$400 paid in taxes...
$2,400 back in 'rebates'...
Net gain of $2,000...

Hmmmm... that must be the 'new tax math' version of 'paying taxes'. I bet a liberal came up with that one.

Dear stupid fuck,

The 50% figure oft cited by other stupid fucks is not based on the scenario you just described.

Kindly learn to read.

Sincerely,
Cuyo

Well then I guess it's good that I wasn't referring to that, isn't it, dip shit.

It was stupid to cut the payroll tax in the first place, and I said so at the time,

with all this lamenting about how SS and Medicare were going to go broke, blah, blah, and then they cut the revenues that are supposed to keep them from going broke??

Simple economics.

You can't keep cutting taxes to stimulate the economy if you're not willing to raise them when the economy heats up in order to pay off what you borrowed.

Unadulterated BS. Were in a Over Spending Death Spiral. Obama increased Discretionary Spending by 80% and now wants to use those new levels as the Bench Mark to cut from.

You Guys are unbelievable.

Tax Cut Death Spiral. LOL I have heard it all now.

Simple economics.

Unadulterated BS. Were in a Over Spending Death Spiral. Obama increased Discretionary Spending by 80% and now wants to use those new levels as the Bench Mark to cut from.

The US budget has doubled just over 10 Years. We are SPENDING TO MUCH!!!

Wake up Idiots.

Google translation: "I have no rebuttal."

It makes no sense is and nothing but partisan hate.

Tell us about how you stand on this tax we are discussing

It's the truth.

Liberals have no qualms advocating for increasing taxes on others...but in this thread, where the taxes affect liberals and their base...not quite so enthusiastic.

Hypocritical? Absolutely.

Well, I am no liberal at all and I know that if we tax the middle class anymore our country is not going to make it. Since only the rich and the middle class have the means to pay, what idiot would want to tax the middle class more? What we really need is a change in Washington spending policy, but for a quick fix, I would be more than happy to go back to the tax rate I was paying when Clinton was in office.

$400 paid in taxes...
$2,400 back in 'rebates'...
Net gain of $2,000...

Hmmmm... that must be the 'new tax math' version of 'paying taxes'. I bet a liberal came up with that one.

Dear stupid fuck,

The 50% figure oft cited by other stupid fucks is not based on the scenario you just described.

Kindly learn to read.

Sincerely,
Cuyo

Well then I guess it's good that I wasn't referring to that, isn't it, dip shit.

Really stupid fuck?

Cuz it seemed like ya were.

You guys are the ones who keep talking about Everyone paying their fair Share while half the People Pay nothing and 10% of them pay 90%.

You guys want to make that even more skewed so even more people pay nothing and the top 10% carry even more of the Burden.

Sorry anyone who knows the Definition of Fair, Knows you are full of shit.

Dude, you're making shit up. Even the most rightwing sources place the top 10 @ around 70%. All these analyses disregard FICA altogether - As stated earlier, EVERYONE who earns even a single dollar in wages pays into FICA. This 'half that pay nothing' DOES. NOT. FUCKING. EXIST.

It's especially ironic that you wheel that crufty shit out in this particular thread, since FICA is precisely what's being discussed.

Promise me... PROMISE, and mean it this time... That you will read something not from Heritage before you post here again. Promise?

When these people only pay (for example) $400 in taxes all year long, and then get back $2,400 that equals - NOT. PAYING. TAXES

:eusa_whistle:

Republicans love EIC and have voted to increase it almost every year they are in control. I could tell you why, but you could also look it up yourself.

and what do you call fair share?

squeezing pennys out of the starving?

You would have to have debtors prison for the ones who decided to eat instead of pay taxes.

Show us where they do.

Every working person in the country pays payroll taxes. Everyone who buys stuff pays sales taxes. Everyone who has property pays property taxes.

Not to mention their $400 added to the rest gets interest which is the real money the government uses. Everybody pays, it is long past time to be drooling over your neighbors piece of the pie. I do not even understand how it is helpful.

Simple economics.

You wanna run with them numbers?

For gawd's sake you people are starting to bore the hell out of me.

Pure BS. The best way to help the Economy is to put more money in the hands of Job Creators, and the Consumers.

Incomes from 200k to 1 Million account for the Vast Majority of Small Businesses. Those are the People we need to cut taxes on. Job Creators.

No, sorry you are wrong. The middle class are the great consumers. Right now, businesses already have money to create jobs but won't because the middle class has no money to purchase their services. People like my family do not purchase things that often, give me $20,000 I will not buy a new car, I already have one. I will not go on vacation or make any large purchases. I would only put it in savings. Oh, and I also own a business that has money to create new jobs, but will not until the middle class recovers and private people as well as insurance companies and the government will purchase my services.

No, sorry you are wrong. The middle class are the great consumers. Right now, businesses already have money to create jobs but won't because the middle class has no money to purchase their services. People like my family do not purchase things that often, give me $20,000 I will not buy a new car, I already have one. I will not go on vacation or make any large purchases. I would only put it in savings. Oh, and I also own a business that has money to create new jobs, but will not until the middle class recovers and private people as well as insurance companies and the government will purchase my services.

This guy is Karl Rove's fucking wet dream.

I've never seen someone so whole-heartedly absorb and repeat bullshit propaganda while still being so wholly and fully ignorant of reality.

Seriously Charles.

Don't vote.

Show us where they do.

Number 1 is False. Everyone who is working does not Pay Federal Income Tax. Everyone pays FICA and MC. 51% of them however get all, or more of the money withheld for Federal Income Taxes back in their Tax Return.

You're wrong. 1. Income taxes /= payroll taxes. 2. Payroll = social security & Medicare. 3. 51% of them do not get "all, or more of the money" back.

Please verify these things for yourself.

Yeah, I'll do it. If you cared, though, you do it yourself.

Forum List

Back