Republicans To Demand Debate Questions In Advance

Camp

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2013
With all the whining and crying from the Republican Presidential candidates about getting tough questions from the media, how long will it be before they are demanding the debate questions are given to them in advance so that they can prepare and manipulate their answers? Some are already suggesting they should have hand picked moderators. That would be the same thing. Soft ball questions, advance knowledge of the questions and answers prepared by their consultants and PR staffs.

With all the whining and crying from the Republican Presidential candidates about getting tough questions from the media, how long will it be before they are demanding the debate questions are given to them in advance so that they can prepare and manipulate their answers? Some are already suggesting they should have hand picked moderators. That would be the same thing. Soft ball questions, advance knowledge of the questions and answers prepared by their consultants and PR staffs.

"Republicans To Demand Debate Questions In Advance"

"how long will it be before they are demanding the debate questions are given to them in advance"

Which is it?

Just curious.

"Republicans To Demand Debate Questions In Advance"

"how long will it be before they are demanding the debate questions are given to them in advance"

Which is it?

Just curious.

It would probably help more if they got the correct answers as well.

You prefer questions like "What is your greatest weakness"? "Does you opponent have the moral authority to lead the country"? "What are you gonna do about fantasy football"? Are those the kind of "tough questions" you're talking about, idiot?

The format of the debates is the problem, and the candidates all agreed to the format. It's almost as if they don't want to give any details about their plans. You can't possibly outline a comprehensive solution to the issues in one minute or less.

It would be better if they each took five or ten minutes to explain their tax plan, another five minutes to explain what they would do about ISIS, another five minutes to explain what they would do about health care reform, and so on.

While they are speaking, at the bottom of the screen there should be a web address pointing to the candidate's white paper which addresses the matter being discussed.

Read the Lincoln-Douglas debates. They didn't have sixty seconds to respond. They were able to give lengthy responses.

Here's the first debate: First Debate: Ottawa, Illinois

Fellow citizens: I will now occupy the half hour allotted to me in replying to Mr. Lincoln.

ETA: Lincoln interrupted him three times during that response. :D

Last edited:
I don't think I ever seen a real debate yet, it always seemed scripted.
It is scripted and that's what jacked Jeb Bush. He was following his script instead of listening and he paid a heavy price.

Why can the GOP play fair? Now, these clowns even want to stack the deck in their debates. How is that fair to American voters who want to see unscripted candidates?

:lmao:

Minion: Um, President Trump? Sorry to wake you, sir. Mr. Putin's on the phone. He wants to talk to you about the latest crisis in the Middle East.

Trump: Fuck him! He knows I need to see the questions beforehand! I'm going back to sleep...

Any time a politician appears on a talking head show, they are given advance heads up of what the questions will be. Only a fool would bleev Clinton's the only one.

They ALL are.

That's why you will hear one of them complain once in a while when the host goes off script. They will actually say there was an agreement that matter would not be discussed!

Forum List

Back