Republicans See No Connection Between Healthcare And Ebola

When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread in several ways to others. Ebola is spread through direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes in, for example, the eyes, nose, or mouth) with
  • blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, sweat, feces, vomit, breast milk, and semen) of a person who is sick with Ebola
  • objects (like needles and syringes) that have been contaminated with the virus
  • infected animals
  • Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, by food. However, in Africa, Ebola may be spread as a result of handling bushmeat (wild animals hunted for food) and contact with infected bats. There is no evidence that mosquitos or other insects can transmit Ebola virus. Only mammals (for example, humans, bats, monkeys, and apes) have shown the ability to become infected with and spread Ebola virus

• anyone here qualify?

How did the nurse in Spain contact it?

The OP is right. Most people who don't have health insurance won't go to see a doctor until they are really sick (i.e. contagious).

Republicans are against the ACA (which provides people with healthcare), and they are also against the Medicaid expansion that would provide healthcare for even more people.

Want to know why the virus is spreading so quickly over in Africa? Because they don't have a decent healthcare system.

Want to know why it's being contained here in the US? Because we have a decent healthcare system.
Obama care cut back medicaid try again.
Actually Obama increased medicaid. He cut Medicare.
Sorry I get them mixed up.

When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread in several ways to others. Ebola is spread through direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes in, for example, the eyes, nose, or mouth) with
  • blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, sweat, feces, vomit, breast milk, and semen) of a person who is sick with Ebola
  • objects (like needles and syringes) that have been contaminated with the virus
  • infected animals
  • Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, by food. However, in Africa, Ebola may be spread as a result of handling bushmeat (wild animals hunted for food) and contact with infected bats. There is no evidence that mosquitos or other insects can transmit Ebola virus. Only mammals (for example, humans, bats, monkeys, and apes) have shown the ability to become infected with and spread Ebola virus

• anyone here qualify?

and I repeat ...

• infected animals

simpletons ... sheesh

So when do those with Ebola become contagious? When they get really sick.

So when do those without health care go to the emergency room? When they get really sick.

So when do those with health care go to the doctor? When they start to get sick.

Please let me know which part I got wrong.

I agree 100% with your statement about when ppl go to the doctor is based on them having insurance.

Did someone in particular say something silly that prompted this thread? I much prefer to win those who disagree with universal healthcare over with love or by calling it Reagancare.

Read every post past yours. That pretty much tells the story.

Jesus said heal the sick, Republicans said let them die.

A handful of Republicans said that at one convention and was said sarcastically not all Republicans say that rdean.

• infected animals

• anyone here qualify?

and I repeat ...

• infected animals

simpletons ... sheesh

Now, if only you can get this particular, virulent strain of Ebola to listen to your "theory"

How did she contact it? She wore protective clothing and never came in direct contact with any bodily fluids.

The OP is right. Most people who don't have health insurance won't go to see a doctor until they are really sick (i.e. contagious).

Republicans are against the ACA (which provides people with healthcare), and they are also against the Medicaid expansion that would provide healthcare for even more people.

Want to know why the virus is spreading so quickly over in Africa? Because they don't have a decent healthcare system.

Want to know why it's being contained here in the US? Because we have a decent healthcare system.
Obama care cut back medicaid try again.
Actually Obama increased medicaid. He cut Medicare.
Sorry I get them mixed up.
And yet, you are correct. The Federal government expected the States to expand Medicaid rolls. So, in essence, it cut both Medicaid and Medicare. If a state chooses educating students over healthcare for twenty somethings? Well, those states are S.O.L. And those Republican governors get the blame. If they had done the reverse, they would have gotten the blame for screwing over the children. It was a no win situation forced upon them by the Feds. That's what's called an unfunded mandate. (Well. . . not mandate, but highly regarded, "suggestion." :badgrin:)

Obamacare Cutbacks Shut Hospitals Where Medicaid Went Unexpanded
Obamacare Cutbacks Shut Hospitals Where Medicaid Went Unexpanded - Bloomberg

Blame States
Joanne Peters, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Health and Human Services Department, said governors who chose not to expand Medicaid are to blame for the hospital closures. The administration “strongly encourages” states to expand Medicaid, which would “dramatically reduce the amount of unpaid bills that hospitals are left with,” Peters said in an e-mail.

Georgia’s Republican Governor, Nathan Deal, has said the state can’t afford to expand Medicaid. Even though the federal government says it will initially cover the costs, the price tag will be too high in the future, he said.

The Obama administration shouldn’t have cut subsidies to hospitals that treat the uninsured, said Brian Robinson, a spokesman for Deal.

“There are numerous ways to go that don’t include a huge new burden on states, who unlike Uncle Sam can’t print money or run a deficit,” Robinson said.

Here we go again with the idiots confusing health care and health insurance.

And Ebola is contagious as soon as there is a fever.

Now tell me who goes to the Dr before they actually have a fever?

So when do those without health care go to the emergency room? When they get really sick.

So when do those with health care go to the doctor? When they start to get sick.

Ebloa isnt the common cold and thus needs to be treated differently than anything else. There is no need to make this about politics, this is a national problem that falls under government protecting the nation from a threat. Granted im not that worried about Ebola in the USA but still.

Again there is no need to make this political against dems or repubs. To do so is just cheap and lazy.

Ebloa isnt the common cold and thus needs to be treated differently than anything else. There is no need to make this about politics, this is a national problem that falls under government protecting the nation from a threat. Granted im not that worried about Ebola in the USA but still.

Again there is no need to make this political against dems or repubs. To do so is just cheap and lazy.
Hacks like Rderp have to make everything political

i see both sides trying to make it political.

• infected animals

• anyone here qualify?
Body fluids? How bout a good sneeze with lots of flying mucus? Bet that works.

Democrats constantly defending themselves from GOP baseless attacks. Does that qualify as both sides making it "political"?

Obuma's Guidelines for Obola!

BzEWrmtCcAAjU7t.jpg

Democrats constantly defending themselves from GOP baseless attacks. Does that qualify as both sides making it "political"?
Van jones saying dems should make it political. You do it in your OP with healthcare as well.

Uh shitstain....there is a bigger correlation between an open border you demand to the increase in dangerous diseases entering this country.

Nevermind scum like you saying it is racist to block air traffic from Ebola countries.

Forum List

Back