Republicans relent, financial reform debate

Word is that Mitch McConnel didn't want to miss the Kentucky Derby this weekend..

He has plenty of time to delay, obstruct, fear monger and block the bill....why mess up his fun?

first you bitch at them for ""delaying""....then you bitch when they agree to bring to the floor...

doesn't matter what they do, you'll bitch

first you bitch at them for ""delaying""....then you bitch when they agree to bring to the floor...

We only bitch at them for being incompetent. For refusing to help clean up their mess.

We only bitch at them for being incompetent. For refusing to help clean up their mess.

only you could believe that pile of meadowmuffins....

yeah, its only the republicans fault, no one else and no one else in this thread bitched about them allowing the debate go to the floor....

The repubs realized their move would backfire on them at the polls.

no, they said they now had confidence the debate would be bipartisan, their tactics worked, instead of allowing the dems to run roughshod with another outlandish democratic bill....they wisely delayed to create stronger reform...

the pubs created this all by themselves.....no help from any dems not one.....is that your claim.....

care to back that up.....

no, they said they now had confidence the debate would be bipartisan, their tactics worked, instead of allowing the dems to run roughshod with another outlandish democratic bill....they wisely delayed to create stronger reform...

Wise?

Wise?

Ha ha ha ha ho ho ha ha ho ho tee hee giggle snicker (wipe tear from eye).

Now THAT was a good one?

Wise?

Wise?

Now THAT was a good one?

wow...its easy to entertain the ignorant

aw come on... you'd have made fun of the dems if they did the same thing. i know i would have.

no i wouldn't...both parties do this, it is nothing, it is how our political process works...and it isn't always a bad thing....this has been going on since time immemorial...yet strangely the dems now are really pissed...yet they do this all the time when repubs are in power....and...how many times did they shut them out of debates...

come on jillian...this was seriously nothing for anyone to get bothered over

Wise?

Wise?

Now THAT was a good one?

did the dems alter the bill and offer concessions.....

aw come on... you'd have made fun of the dems if they did the same thing. i know i would have.

no i wouldn't...both parties do this, it is nothing, it is how our political process works...and it isn't always a bad thing....this has been going on since time immemorial...yet strangely the dems now are really pissed...yet they do this all the time when repubs are in power....and...how many times did they shut them out of debates...

oh..i'm not bothered by it, hon. i think it's hysterical. typical government employee stuff. that's why i'd have made fun of the dems for the same thing.

actually, the repubs shut the dems out of debates and put them in basement rooms with no lights.

and yes, it is politics and people need a thick skin for it.

i used to work for an amazing person who would say 'politics is a full contact team sport'.

Come on people, get real.

Republicans are the party of big business. We know that. They want to bust unions and are for cheap labor. We know that.

Does anything believe they have the best interests of the American People over Wall Street? Seriously? Even the Republican base knows that business comes first.

What are you even debating? The Republicans deregulated Wall Street. Their answer to fixing the mess is MORE deregulation.

Come on now. Just stop. You have to "State your Case" before you can debate. Republican whine, but, "what is the case"?

Republicans are the party of big business. We know that. They want to bust unions and are for cheap labor. We know that.

Does anything believe they have the best interests of the American People over Wall Street? Seriously? Even the Republican base knows that business comes first.

What are you even debating? The Republicans deregulated Wall Street. Their answer to fixing the mess is MORE deregulation.

Come on now. Just stop. You have to "State your Case" before you can debate. Republican whine, but, "what is the case"?

glass seagal...remind of that deregulation again...and why no dem has brought it up

you can't answer real questions or debate, so you repeat the same lame hack response that you get from the daily dem talking points

oh..i'm not bothered by it, hon. i think it's hysterical. typical government employee stuff. that's why i'd have made fun of the dems for the same thing.

actually, the repubs shut the dems out of debates and put them in basement rooms with no lights.

i used to work for an amazing person who would say 'politics is a full contact team sport'.

that it is....and it appears mccain has taken one to the head to many times :lol:

that it is....and it appears mccain has taken one to the head to many times :lol:

lol.. sad but true.

i miss john mccain circa 2000. that guy was someone i would have voted for. pity.

glass seagal...remind of that deregulation again...and why no dem has brought it up

you can't answer real questions or debate, so you repeat the same lame hack response that you get from the daily dem talking points

Yurt, it is spelled "Glass-Segall", and, yes, the Dems with the Pubs were and are complicit in its revocation and the resulting economic scandals in investment since then.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/politics/www.businessweek.com/the.../03/why_the_paulson.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back