Republicans: Presidents shouldn't take vacations; except when they're Republicans

Also keep in mind,it was the Left/Democrats who invented the faux Vacation outrage shtick in the first place. So them complaining about this stuff is pretty lame. This is their stupid invention. What goes around does come around. Deal with it.

I love how your posts consistently miss the point.

Also keep in mind,it was the Left/Democrats who invented the faux Vacation outrage shtick in the first place. So them complaining about this stuff is pretty lame. This is their stupid invention. What goes around does come around. Deal with it.

Faux Vacation outrage is a Left/Democrat invention. That's the truth. Their own stupidity is coming back to bite em. I think it's actually pretty funny.

Ever notice that Barry is outa town when the going gets rough? Every time congress needs leadership on a hot button issue Barry skips town to campaign before a "friendly" audience where he speaks pandering nonsense to his idiot base.

I disagree. he can take as many vacations as he feels is appropriate. the less he is interefering with the nation the better. But he should pay his own bills.

I love how as soon as a black guy gets in the Oval Office he's expecting to start footing the bill for Air Force One. That's just priceless!

I think that's what this is really about. They don't mind him being away from the security of the White House, they just don't want him taking any of that security with him.

Gee. Wonder why.

cebina.jpg

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

Presidential vacations: How does President Obama compare? Very well. | The Political Carnival

Why don't you get over Bush, asswipe...

I would be much easier if he hadnt left such a fucking mess behind

Left/Democrat nutters pretending they haven't ripped all Republican Presidents for taking Vacations? Yea,that's just priceless. Who do these people think they're fooling? Their beloved Obamy can take all the Vacations he disires,but DAT BOOOOOOOSH? Come on Lefties,stop being so dishonest & hypocritical. We know you better than you know yourselves.

I have no problem with the Prez taking vacations.

One would think with the economy in the toilet he would try to curb his trips to Hawaii a bit. He seems to pick the most expensive places to vacatioin.

Yeah. How dare he be from there! What is thinking going home for the holidays!

Yeah. He lived there all the way until he was six years old! He got roots there. And in Martha's Vinyard too.

His skin color conveys a divine right to rule, to enjoy the largesse of the taxpayer and anything else he can get away with.

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

Presidential vacations: How does President Obama compare? Very well. | The Political Carnival

How about presidents shouldn't be taking 17 day vacations that cost 4 million bucks in a shitty economy and in a time when many are struggling to put food on the table????

Sure Bush took vacations, however he usually went to his secluded ranch..... Oh but Obamafuck has to go to Hawaii, which requires massive precautions and all those precautions cost $,$$$,$$$...

Honestly, if the guy was an effective president and things were better, although I oppose him - I certainly wouldn't give a shit if he took a vacation..

I suppose - at least to me - Obama taking a 17 day 4 million dollar vacation is like corporate executives taking their private jets to Washington looking for a bailout.....

Last edited:

Faux Vacation outrage is a Left/Democrat invention. That's the truth. Their own stupidity is coming back to bite em. I think it's actually pretty funny.

That depends on what you mean by "Left/Democrat". It seems John Adams was substantially criticized for his vacations:

Presidential Vacation Criticism Is as Old as Washington - George E. Condon Jr. - NationalJournal.com

so if Jeffersonians are "Left/Democrat" then you're probably right. Of course, if we consider the all leaders rather than just American presidents, I'm sure that vacation outrage, faux or otherwise, goes back much further.

The faux Vacation outrage shtick started with loony Left/Democrats. Now they're all running around bitching about their guy being criticized for his Vacations. Funny stuff for sure. And just wait till a Republican gets back in the White House. They'll be right back to their faux outrage once again. In reality,who cares if Presidents take Vacations? They come with the gig. There is no need for such feigned outrage. And that's the fact Jack!

First of all I think every President deserves to kick back from time to time. It's a 24/7 job.

My problem with Obama's vacations is that he seems to take them despite what's going on in Washington. Take his trip to Martha's Vineyard this summer. He essentially told the 4 million people that are unemployed that they'd have to wait until he got back from that vacation before he'd tell everyone what his new far reaching "Jobs Bill" would be...then took off for ten days of golf and ice cream. That would have been bad enough except when he got back all he had to offer in the way of a "Jobs Bill" was a watered down version of the first stimulus that he knew very well would never pass in the House because he couldn't even get moderate Democrats to support it let alone Republicans.

My take on Presidential vacations is that you do the job first and THEN you go whereever you feel like going. If you DON'T do the job then you've got no business going anywhere until you do.

His vacations seem to be designed to be as expensive and ostentatious as possible.

His vacations seem to be designed to be as expensive and ostentatious as possible.

Or maybe you're just being told to be outraged.

Personally I don't care if he goes to Hawaii. That's his choice. If he needs protection, I'm sure that's not his choice. that's something that's imposed on him. It's pure hypocrisy that you people only get upset about it when it's a Democrat who needs protecting.

I disagree. he can take as many vacations as he feels is appropriate. the less he is interefering with the nation the better. But he should pay his own bills.

Is that your way of claiming that he doesn't?

Of course he doesn't. His current vacation is going to cost $4 million. When Moochelle decided to fly out separately, she added $100,000 to the price tag.

Or maybe you're just being told to be outraged.

Personally I don't care if he goes to Hawaii. That's his choice. If he needs protection, I'm sure that's not his choice. that's something that's imposed on him. It's pure hypocrisy that you people only get upset about it when it's a Democrat who needs protecting.

Obama has played 88 rounds of golf so far, all the while our troops were dying in Afghanistan. I don't think I've played that much golf in my entire life.

obama's entire presidency is predicated in selfishness and misuse of public funds to support that selfishness.

I agree...and only Republican Presidents should be allowed to play golf

Congress should pass a series of laws mandating when the Chief Executive can play golf, for how long and under what circumstances, taking the task of such decision making away.

That way we wouldn't have democrats saying that republicans unfairly play golf but democrats don't.

As an indication of classiness, Bush stopped playing the entire time we were fighting in the middle east. He found it disrepectful.

obama doesn't mind disrespecting people he doesn't like anyway.

The annual "Obama is taking vacation" outrage is what Republicans think is payback for the Bush/Katrina vacation debacle. When the hurricane hit on Monday, we were told the President was on vacation. Tuesday morning, with dead bodies floating in New Orleans, we were told Bush was still on vacation. By Wednesday morning, with people still screaming for help, we were told Bush was still on vacation. It was not till late Wednesday, that Bush did his famous flyover

The Republican annual outrage over Obamas Christmas vacation is there way of saying....See? we are even

Forum List

Back