Republicans: Presidents shouldn't take vacations; except when they're Republicans

I disagree. he can take as many vacations as he feels is appropriate. the less he is interefering with the nation the better. But he should pay his own bills.

I disagree. he can take as many vacations as he feels is appropriate. the less he is interefering with the nation the better. But he should pay his own bills.

Is that your way of claiming that he doesn't?

When presidents take vacations, particularly in difficult times, some of their opponents generally take the opportunity to paint them as lazy or unfeeling.

For my part, I worry that the presidents aren't vacationing at all. When presidents are in Washington, they are subject to quite a bit of oversight. In particular, the white house logs the names of its visitors, and the national press corps follows the action quite closely. When a president is on vacation out of town, it is much more difficult to tell what he is doing. I don't have any evidence that Obama or other presidents have used the relative privacy of vacations to do things in secret that we would prefer to be public, but I would be surprised if they hadn't.

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

Presidential vacations: How does President Obama compare? Very well. | The Political Carnival

Crawford Texas--is not Martha's Vineyard--nor Hawaii--but nice try anyway.

6a00d8341c2c6053ef015434bfe316970c-600wi

I love how as soon as a black guy gets in the Oval Office he's expecting to start footing the bill for Air Force One. That's just priceless!

I love how as soon as a black guy gets in the Oval Office he's expecting to start footing the bill for Air Force One. That's just priceless!

I know. Isn't that something? And he needs 5 times the security because right wingers keep threatening to kill the black guy.

What a bunch of morons, I swear.

Wow. Seriously? That's their argument?

I think that's what this is really about. They don't mind him being away from the security of the White House, they just don't want him taking any of that security with him.

Gee. Wonder why.

I think that's what this is really about. They don't mind him being away from the security of the White House, they just don't want him taking any of that security with him.

Gee. Wonder why.

don't be stupid, stupid

All Presidents should and do take Vacations. Dat BOOOOOOOSH caught constant Hell from Democrat nutters everytime he took a Vacation. So now it's time for this President to catch some Hell for his. It's all just a game. And the game never ends. Just wait till a Republican gets back in the White House. The old faux Vacation outrage will rear it's ugly head again. Stupid stuff.

I have no problem with the Prez taking vacations.

One would think with the economy in the toilet he would try to curb his trips to Hawaii a bit. He seems to pick the most expensive places to vacatioin.

Gee. Wonder why.

poor old black guy.

Also keep in mind,it was the Left/Democrats who invented the faux Vacation outrage shtick in the first place. So them complaining about this stuff is pretty lame. This is their stupid invention. What goes around does come around. Deal with it.

Forum List

Back