Republicans introduce resolution declaring crowd size at tea party protest

which is alittle different then 2 million. just be happy with what you got.

The reason tea parties are enjoying success, over half the country agrees with the parties core principles; deficit control and smaller government.

It'd be awfully nice if the GOP actually cared about those principles.

The majority of the GOP representatives don't care about those principles hence why the tea parties are needed....

We want smaller not bigger government
We want economic responsibility from our democrats and republicans, no more gigantic deficit spending
We want lower taxes for ALL Americans, from poor to rich
And we want to vote out all the corrupt democrats and republicans from office, which means kicking every single senator and congressperson out of office in 2010 from either side and replacing them with new Democrats and Republicans.

Yeah, right, that's gonna help. How about replacing them with Americans instead of the two most corrupt political parties in the history of our nation?

I would much rather see non-party people elected into all the congressional seats that are up in 2010....however you have to start small, it will be tough enough to get people to vote out the incumbents, once that is achieved then we can start pressing for non-party politicians. ;).

See though this isn't about the GOP or the Dems, its about an out of control government.

Bullshit.........this was started by the GOP and Faux Noise.

This was started by the people....not a political party.

Btw its gaining momentum....

Be honest. It (the tea parties) were started by GOP people, who were upset that their party lost power.

As far as "gaining momentum", might wanna check again, as they had to LIE about how many people actually showed up.

I hardly call that gaining momentum.

Bullshit.........this was started by the GOP and Faux Noise.

Be honest. It (the tea parties) were started by GOP people, who were upset that their party lost power.

As far as "gaining momentum", might wanna check again, as they had to LIE about how many people actually showed up.

No it wasn't started by registered Rep. it was started primarily by Libertarians and Independents.

As far as gaining momentum look at the group's membership numbers and money flowing in.

No it wasn't started by registered Rep. it was started primarily by Libertarians and Independents.

As far as gaining momentum look at the group's membership numbers and money flowing in.
This idea that the tea partiers are independents and libertarians is almost as funny as the ever growing numbers claimed at Saturday's event. There may be some independents and some libertarians but the majority of the views expressed are pure right wing lunatic...there are birthers, deathers, people that claim Obama is a muslim extremist, people that compare him to Hitler, to Stalin...you guys aren't fooling anyone with your pretense whatsoever.

I would say that at the very beginning, the actual "Tea Party" idea was started by a few Libertarian/Anarchists, however it was originally a very small movement until it was PROMOTED by FoxNews and several other right-wing media outlets.

In it's current form, it has little to do with the original "Tea Party" proposal. Few of the protestors actually were there to complain about taxes, as shown in the following video:

(Admittedly, I stole this from another poster, but it's a really good video.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y]YouTube - 9.12 DC TEA PARTY - MARCH FOOTAGE WITH INTERVIEWS[/ame]

Last edited:
Citing quotes from various sources, Republicans today have introduced a measure declaring that Saturday's Tea Party protest in Washington, D. C., was the largest event ever hosted in the United States.

Evidence to support their claim is easily found on the internet and was presented before the official vote on the resolution.

"experienced one of the biggest demonstrations in history, when, according to the organizers, more than three million people flooded the streets of the historical city on Saturday"

"About 10 million pilgrims have gathered"

"It is a record...We believe it is the largest event held in Washington, D. C., ever."

"It continues to expand and is now the largest single object in the solar system"

I say that the largest group of conservatives to assemble on the national mall were Christian conservatives trying to outlaw Abortion. Lately, they have divided up their numbers in order to keep a couple of thousands there in its outlawing.

Is it Tea Party or Pea Tardy? I have not seen this type of "fiscal conservatives" moaning about taxes, debt, trade, immigration or what have you since the end of the Clinton administration. Makes you wonder if it is really about having a Democrat in the White house, does it not??

I heard on Fox there were at least a Billion teabaggers in the mall

Congratulations are due the republicans

Last edited:
Wow. Those people on the video are shocking in their stupidity. And they seem to like being that way.

Great Video

Reporter:Czars have no executive power they are only advisors to the President.
Pub: You know this how? (Southern Drawl Stupid hat and all)
Doh Billy Joe came all that way to find out he's a dumb ass .

Citing quotes from various sources, Republicans today have introduced a measure declaring that Saturday's Tea Party protest in Washington, D. C., was the largest event ever hosted in the United States.

Evidence to support their claim is easily found on the internet and was presented before the official vote on the resolution.

"experienced one of the biggest demonstrations in history, when, according to the organizers, more than three million people flooded the streets of the historical city on Saturday"

"About 10 million pilgrims have gathered"

"It is a record...We believe it is the largest event held in Washington, D. C., ever."

"It continues to expand and is now the largest single object in the solar system"

:lol::lol::lol:
You got that from Kanye West, didn't you?

When has the GOP ever told the truth since 2004?

See though this isn't about the GOP or the Dems, its about an out of control government.

Of course...this was just the latest in a series of protest marches about an out of control government...a series that started way back during Reagan's presidency...............

...............wait a minute.

Forum List

Back