Republicans introduce resolution declaring crowd size at tea party protest

And by people, he means "grassroots" front groups created by large corporations.

Glenn Beck for President!

We looooooooove Glenn Beck! :lol:

LOL I actually forced myself to watch his show last night and thought it was hilarious how in one breath he was talking up the 9/12ers and then next he was trying to minimize the 12% that believe MOST (not all) of the opposition to obama's plans is based on race by calling them a fringe group. Yet the demonstration that he was trying to talk up was smaller than the group he was trying to minimize. LOL

Welcome to GlennBeckLand...adjacent to CloudCuckooland.

Some proof of the racists that populate the extreme fringe of the Republican party....

View attachment 8134

View attachment 8135

View attachment 8136

Thats three out of the 200 billion who attended. :lol:

Silly, those are pictures of 3 hundred thousand black people. Can't you see?
Here, I blew the picture up...look at all those black men...why, there must be a gazillion at least.

c3bd0a62-6f29-9340-8044-dba23b5042da-ontv_fb_BHM_MillionManMarch.jpg

No shit VaYank :lol:

Dont you know ravi yet? :rofl:

Ravi is funny and I like it.

OK...my bad. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew it. Every tea bagging party I have seen on the news looks identical to the Republican National Convention this past year. Well, minus the silly lilttle hats with the tea bags dangling from the brims...

Citing quotes from various sources, Republicans today have introduced a measure declaring that Saturday's Tea Party protest in Washington, D. C., was the largest event ever hosted in the United States.

Evidence to support their claim is easily found on the internet and was presented before the official vote on the resolution.

"experienced one of the biggest demonstrations in history, when, according to the organizers, more than three million people flooded the streets of the historical city on Saturday"

"About 10 million pilgrims have gathered"

"It is a record...We believe it is the largest event held in Washington, D. C., ever."

"It continues to expand and is now the largest single object in the solar system"

Source?

No it wasn't started by registered Rep. it was started primarily by Libertarians and Independents.

As far as gaining momentum look at the group's membership numbers and money flowing in.

Libertarians and Independents, yup, that is why Ron Paul is President........

Citing quotes from various sources, Republicans today have introduced a measure declaring that Saturday's Tea Party protest in Washington, D. C., was the largest event ever hosted in the United States.

Evidence to support their claim is easily found on the internet and was presented before the official vote on the resolution.

"experienced one of the biggest demonstrations in history, when, according to the organizers, more than three million people flooded the streets of the historical city on Saturday"

"About 10 million pilgrims have gathered"

"It is a record...We believe it is the largest event held in Washington, D. C., ever."

"It continues to expand and is now the largest single object in the solar system"

Source?

I am thinking this would have been a good story for The Onion or Fox News... both have about the same amount of journalistic integrity and quality.

Ravi just wanted me to post up my favorite video :rofl:

100,000+ at the event is a good guesstimate YouTube - 1.5 to 2 million march on Washington D.C Tea Party protest rally September 12 2009

100,000+ at the event is a good guesstimate YouTube - 1.5 to 2 million march on Washington D.C Tea Party protest rally September 12 2009 - This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.

"Tea party" photo shows huge crowd — at different event

logo-copyright.gif

Tea_party_photo.jpg

In the competitive world of Washington protests, crowd size is often a matter of dispute. Organizers usually boast of huge crowds, while police and the news media offer much smaller estimates.

So supporters of Saturday’s “tea party” protests against President Barack Obama were quick to highlight their big turnout. To bolster countless claims on blogs and Facebook, many posted a photograph that showed a gargantuan crowd sprawling from Capitol Hill down the National Mall to the Washington Monument.

But it turns out the photo is more than 10 years old, apparently taken during a 1997 Promise Keepers rally.

Pete Piringer, public affairs officer for the D.C. Fire and Emergency Department, said the local government no longer provides official crowd estimates because they can become politicized. But the day of the rally, Piringer unofficially told one reporter that he thought between 60,000 and 75,000 people had shown up.

No it wasn't started by registered Rep. it was started primarily by Libertarians and Independents.

As far as gaining momentum look at the group's membership numbers and money flowing in.

Libertarians and Independents, yup, that is why Ron Paul is President........

I guess a government that has allowed the deficit to explode is changing the electorate. Also, a government that continues to seize it's citizens freedoms has changed the opinion of many....

Forum List

Back