Republicans, I have a feeling...

most of you have good intentions when it comes to this voter fraud issue. I dont think many of you truly want to suppress any American voter.

However, In my eyes, I have to say this current push to require a voter ID is just silly.

First off, there are no massive accounts of voter fraud to speak of. In a system such as our, anomalies will occur from time to time. I just dont think this is the best way to deal with voter fraud. If voter fraud is even truly a issue hampering our elections.

I spend a lot of time over seas, mainly on Ascension Island, Antigua, Grand Bahama and many other islands. My time over seas is work related. My concern is for my friends who live at these USAF bases over seas and return home to vote. How can they have the time to get a ID say if there's is no longer valid. I just dont see how these laws help. god forbid if any of my friends return home and hove this issue. what a heart breaker.

Speaking from experience, a know about two dozen people who flew home just to vote in 2008, a day before the election and then flew back to work. Shame if any of these people get shafted by these new laws. I see that as extremely unAmerican.

Citizens in the military are issued ID and may vote via absentee ballot, so that isn't really a problem.

I think the bigger problem isn't voter fraud, but election fraud. It isn't who casts the ballots, it's who counts them. Voting machines without a paper trail that can be hacked are a bigger threat than a few miniscule incidents of voter fraud.

Exactly. And funny thing, you don't see all these GOP states pushing for paper trails to be associated with their voting machines. They aren't calling for two person integrity for voted ballots. They aren't pushing for more transparency, cameras in their counting and tally rooms, etc. No, they are just trying to find as many ways to disenfranchise voters as they can, to suppress the turnout.

They make it harder to register to vote instead of fixing the ACTUAL potential for fraud. They are cutting down early voting days instead of expanding access to voting.

Why? Because when people vote, Democrats win.
You mean, "Because when people vote illegally, Democrats win."

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...r-the-outcome-of-the-mn-2008-senate-race.html

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Citizens in the military are issued ID and may vote via absentee ballot, so that isn't really a problem.

I think the bigger problem isn't voter fraud, but election fraud. It isn't who casts the ballots, it's who counts them. Voting machines without a paper trail that can be hacked are a bigger threat than a few miniscule incidents of voter fraud.

Exactly. And funny thing, you don't see all these GOP states pushing for paper trails to be associated with their voting machines. They aren't calling for two person integrity for voted ballots. They aren't pushing for more transparency, cameras in their counting and tally rooms, etc. No, they are just trying to find as many ways to disenfranchise voters as they can, to suppress the turnout.

They make it harder to register to vote instead of fixing the ACTUAL potential for fraud. They are cutting down early voting days instead of expanding access to voting.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...r-the-outcome-of-the-mn-2008-senate-race.html

No.

Star-Tribune: "Local and state officials say the group's reports are likely inflated and hard to verify." A July 12 MinneapolisStar-Tribune article reported that "Twin Cities prosecutors are investigating hundreds of cases of suspected voter fraud flagged by Minnesota Majority," but that "nitial reviews by state and local officials, however, indicate that the problem may be far smaller than the group found in a recent study being championed by the Minnesota Republican Party."

And

Report does not even mention Franken or Senate election. Right-wing media have hyped Minnesota Majority's report as saying that it found illegal voting by felons may have led to Franken's victory over Coleman. However, the report does not make that claim nor does it mention Franken, Coleman, or the Senate election.​

Conservative media hype "not accurate" report to suggest Franken's election was "an illegal victory"

Your CAC card IS your military ID. And a military ID is sufficient for voting.

FVCK! No it's not! a CAC card is for access to a military base, not to vote.

its that simple

The CAC, a "smart" card about the size of a credit card, is the standard identification for active-duty military personnel, Selected Reserve, DoD civilian employees, and eligible contractor personnel. It is also the principal card used to enable physical access to buildings and controlled spaces, and it provides access to defense computer networks and systems.

img-card-topology-front.png

Common Access Card (CAC)

Your CAC card IS your military ID. And a military ID is sufficient for voting.

FVCK! No it's not! a CAC card is for access to a military base, not to vote.

its that simple
You really need to do some research before you continue posting on this subject.

Common Access Card (CAC)
COMMON ACCESS CARD (CAC)

The CAC, a "smart" card about the size of a credit card, is the standard identification for active-duty military personnel, Selected Reserve, DoD civilian employees, and eligible contractor personnel.​
Managing Your Common Access Card (CAC)
Any person willfully altering, damaging, lending, counterfeiting, or using these cards in any unauthorized manner is subject to fine or imprisonment or both. Unauthorized or fraudulent use of ID cards would exist if you used the card to obtain benefits and privileges to which you are not entitled. Examples of authorized photocopying include photocopying of DoD ID cards to facilitate medical care processing, check cashing, voting, tax matters, compliance with appendix 501 of title 50, U.S.C. (also known as "The Servicemember's Civil Relief Act"), or administering other military-related benefits to eligible beneficiaries.​
Any government-issue photo ID fulfills the requirements for voter ID.

Avatar, why should I need to show more than my voter card? I mean really, what are you all so scared of? I have my Voter card and my name is on the roster, what is the problem?
I can get a voter registration card in someone else's name. That name will be on the roster. Are you saying that's a legal vote?
I have yet anyone explain this to me in a common sense format.
I really don't know how it can be made any simpler:

Without showing a photo ID, you don't know if the person who voted is the person who registered.

All objections to this are based on emotion.
mostly I have received a bunch of name calling, which says a lot about the whos pushing this nonsense.
Your OP claims that people who fly home to vote cannot vote with their CAC cards.

Hint: People can't fly without valid ID. Therefore, your claim is invalid.

Avatar, why should I need to show more than my voter card? I mean really, what are you all so scared of? I have my Voter card and my name is on the roster, what is the problem?

I have yet anyone explain this to me in a common sense format. mostly I have received a bunch of name calling, which says a lot about the whos pushing this nonsense.

A picture ID is too easy to get. If you don't have one, maybe you should get one
He has one:

cac_card_PIV.gif

And since it's a government-issued ID, he can vote with it.

most of you have good intentions when it comes to this voter fraud issue. I dont think many of you truly want to suppress any American voter.

However, In my eyes, I have to say this current push to require a voter ID is just silly.

First off, there are no massive accounts of voter fraud to speak of. In a system such as our, anomalies will occur from time to time. I just dont think this is the best way to deal with voter fraud. If voter fraud is even truly a issue hampering our elections.

I spend a lot of time over seas, mainly on Ascension Island, Antigua, Grand Bahama and many other islands. My time over seas is work related. My concern is for my friends who live at these USAF bases over seas and return home to vote. How can they have the time to get a ID say if there's is no longer valid. I just dont see how these laws help. god forbid if any of my friends return home and hove this issue. what a heart breaker.

Speaking from experience, a know about two dozen people who flew home just to vote in 2008, a day before the election and then flew back to work. Shame if any of these people get shafted by these new laws. I see that as extremely unAmerican.

Come on lefties, you know you are full of crap on this issue. Your friends can't get on a freaking plane without a photo I.D.

And you're happy about that?
You'd be happy about having to prove your ID for everything?
Shouldn't you be wanting to pull that stuff back instead of accepting greater scrutiny, more rules?
When do the microchips in the neck start being required (I'm sure there're already websites about that somewhere)?
Emotional hyperbole is emotional.

What stupid hypocracy we see here. The Republican leaders are at least a bit more honest. They admit that the whole purpose of the laws are to disenfranchise people in order to win elections.

Judge Upholds Penn. Voter ID Law; GOP Admits Law Designed to "Allow" Mitt Romney to "Win the State"

On Wednesday, a Pennsylvania judge upheld a controversial voter ID law that critics say could disqualify hundreds of thousands of voters. Republican lawmakers have openly admitted the law was designed to impact the result of the November election. In June, Pennsylvania House Majority Leader Mike Turzai listed off a number of legislative accomplishments. "Voter ID, which is going to allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania: Done," Turzai said. Meanwhile, Florida, New Mexico and other states are being accused of purging voters ahead of the election. "Whenever states determine that they want to purge their rolls or clean up their rolls, it takes time. It has to be done efficiently and effectively. And waiting to do so so very close up to an election always raises concerns about why a state is doing it so close to an election," says Nicole Austin-Hillery of the Brennan Center for Justice. "We’re always concerned about errors and the fact that innocent people, individuals who are indeed eligible registered voters, we’re always worried about whether those people may be erroneously kicked off the rolls."

Allowed in regards to not being cheated by fraud, not by disenfranchisement.
That is absolutely correct! So nice to see it simply stated as a matter of truth. Why should we allow more fraud than there already has been?

Voter Fraud

Good grief! Sometimes I think the left comes in here with not-to-be-dismissed marching orders to disenfranchise our resistance to blatant heiney covering in the multiplicity of leftist voting fraud going on in conjunction with Cinder-ACORN and her Sister-Ugliers.

According to the vigilant spirits at Judicial Watch dot org,

Judicial Watch sent its initial warning letters on February 7, 2012, to election officials in Indiana and Ohio, as well as letters of inquiry to Florida and California officials, investigating problematic voting lists in those states. Additional letters are forthcoming. According to Judicial Watch’s investigation, there appear to be more individuals on voter registration lists in these states than there are individuals eligible to vote, including individuals who are deceased. Judicial Watch’s initial warning letters notified election officials in Ohio and Indiana that they are required by law to “maintain accurate lists of eligible voters for use in conducting elections,” and that Judicial Watch is prepared to take legal action if election officials fail to clean up their voter rolls:
Allowing the names of ineligible voters to remain on the voting rolls harms the integrity of the electoral process and undermines voter confidence in the legitimacy of elections… As the top election officials… it is your responsibility under federal law to conduct a program that reasonably ensures that the lists of eligible voters are accurate…

We hope our concerns can be resolved amicably. However, with the November 2012 election on the horizon and in light of the importance of Section 8 of the NVRA to ensuring the integrity and legitimacy of the electoral process, we must emphasize the importance of timeliness. Accordingly, if we believe you do not intend to correct the above-identified problems, a lawsuit seeking declaratory and injunctive relief may be necessary.

More details and facts here:

2012 Election Integrity Project: Judicial Watch Announces Cleanup of Voter Registration Rolls

It's clear that President Obama and Attorney General Holder (whose names also appear on the 10 most wanted Corrupt Politicians for 2011) find that it is to their advantage not to have the registrations cleaned up. The cheating is done to wrongfully help their weak side pull more votes than the other.

Go get 'em, Judicial Watch!!! Rep coming your way, Freewill.

You mean like Al Franken's stolent Senate seat? Yeah big anomaly. Only cost us Obamacare.

The fact that anyone justifies voter fraud sickens me. There is no justifiable amount of fraud. It needs to all be eliminated or we get corrupt policies.
I agree. The man should step down and return the seat to its rightful occupant and former senator, Norm Coleman.

That was the most blatant act of dirty politics I have ever seen in my life. I thought Minnesota people were more sophisticated than to let DNC apparatchiks count the votes and keep finding more AFTER the election was over. The exit polls showed Coleman with the lead. The count showed Coleman with the lead. The "found" votes--hah. Suspicious since they followed no exit polling coordination and were all for the Democrat candidate. When I heard that I was very angry. The self-righteous DNC was screaming "voter disenfranchisement!" which was the biggest yarn spun in 2008 to give Harry Reid undeserved power over the Senate. He's really put the screws to the people on his watch, too, seeing to it the big taxpayer-backed guarantee on his son's client's failing Green business got over a billion dollars from us--$1.3 billion in free money.

Those people have to go.

Vote Republican!

Come on lefties, you know you are full of crap on this issue. Your friends can't get on a freaking plane without a photo I.D.

Shouldn't you be wanting to pull that stuff back instead of accepting greater scrutiny, more rules?
When do the microchips in the neck start being required (I'm sure there're already websites about that somewhere)?

Smile for the cameras

I can get a voter registration card in someone else's name.

same with any other ID, do why the paranoia?

A lot of you are missing the point. WE ALREADY HAVE A VOTER ID. I see no need to add more bureaucracy to the already shaky voting system.

Also, it just feels like more Govt intrusion into my life. Why yes, I have many ID's however, when it comes to my American right to vote, don't Fvck with me, I have what I need to vote.

Secondly, if we were to change the entire system as to say scrap the paper voter card we all have and require a newer style ID that would be a good idea. However, does common sense not tell us to wait till after the election? that would give legal voters 2 years roughly to go out and get this done. that seems fair and quite democratic. Changing these laws NOW is just tomfoolery at its highest degree. dont you agree?

• Thanks
Reactions: idb

Smile for the cameras
You're right. Soon, bands of GOP Death Squads will be roaming the streets, summarily executing everyone without a photo ID -- unless we all vote Democrat. If we do, unicorns will once again roam the meadows, and there will be a government-supplied Chevy Volt in every driveway. Ahhh, Utopia!

A lot of you are missing the point. WE ALREADY HAVE A VOTER ID. I see no need to add more bureaucracy to the already shaky voting system.

Also, it just feels like more Govt intrusion into my life. Why yes, I have many ID's however, when it comes to my American right to vote, don't Fvck with me, I have what I need to vote.

Secondly, if we were to change the entire system as to say scrap the paper voter card we all have and require a newer style ID that would be a good idea. However, does common sense not tell us to wait till after the election? that would give legal voters 2 years roughly to go out and get this done. that seems fair and quite democratic. Changing these laws NOW is just tomfoolery at its highest degree. dont you agree?
No, I don't. If we waited until after this election, you would continue your hand-wringing and insist we wait. Meanwhile, nothing would get done -- exactly as you want.

You never did adequately explain the horseshit in the OP about people flying home yet not having ID to vote.

It always amazes me that pages and pages of crap can go on and on when the crux of the matter are as simple as ABC.

When there is a voter ID requirement - republicans win

When there is no voter ID requirement - leftists have a better chance to win.

Simple fact of the matter, and why dems whine and cry about photo voter ID and republicans don't.

Leftists have no problem or shame about cheating to further their rotten agenda.

Last edited:

No.

Star-Tribune: "Local and state officials say the group's reports are likely inflated and hard to verify." A July 12 MinneapolisStar-Tribune article reported that "Twin Cities prosecutors are investigating hundreds of cases of suspected voter fraud flagged by Minnesota Majority," but that "nitial reviews by state and local officials, however, indicate that the problem may be far smaller than the group found in a recent study being championed by the Minnesota Republican Party."

And

Report does not even mention Franken or Senate election. Right-wing media have hyped Minnesota Majority's report as saying that it found illegal voting by felons may have led to Franken's victory over Coleman. However, the report does not make that claim nor does it mention Franken, Coleman, or the Senate election.​

Conservative media hype "not accurate" report to suggest Franken's election was "an illegal victory"

Media Mutters said so, Seawytch.

Oh, bwahahaha

The Washington Examiner's Byron York had this to say about that:

When 1,099 felons vote in race won by 312 ballots

In the '08 campaign, Republican Sen. Norm Coleman was running for re-election against Democrat Al Franken. It was impossibly close; on the morning after the election, after 2.9 million people had voted, Coleman led Franken by 725 votes.
Franken and his Democratic allies dispatched an army of lawyers to challenge the results. After the first canvass, Coleman's lead was down to 206 votes. That was followed by months of wrangling and litigation. In the end, Franken was declared the winner by 312 votes. He was sworn into office in July 2009, eight months after the election.
During the controversy a conservative group called Minnesota Majority began to look into claims of voter fraud. Comparing criminal records with voting rolls, the group identified 1,099 felons -- all ineligible to vote -- who had voted in the Franken-Coleman race.​
His summary including noting that "Wasserman Shultz and her fellow Democrats are doing everything they can to stop reasonable anti-fraud measures."

I think there was massive voter fraud in Minnesota, but Norm Coleman still won by over 700 votes. This cheat, repeat, cheat, repeat, cheat repeat process never ends when a Democrat loses an election.

We've had enough.

Speaking from experience, a know about tw dozen people who flew home just to vote in 2008, a day before the election and then flew back to work. Shame if any of these people get shafted by these new laws. I see that as extremely unAmerican.

Hmm...how did they fly home without an ID? They wouldn't let them in the country.

No, I don't. If we waited until after this election, you would continue your hand-wringing and insist we wait. Meanwhile, nothing would get done -- exactly as you want.

You never did adequately explain the horseshit in the OP about people flying home yet not having ID to vote.
I think all forms of ID should be illegal, including criminal records.:eusa_whistle:

Speaking from experience, a know about tw dozen people who flew home just to vote in 2008, a day before the election and then flew back to work. Shame if any of these people get shafted by these new laws. I see that as extremely unAmerican.

Hmm...how did they fly home without an ID? They wouldn't let them in the country.
He's been asked that repeatedly.

He never answers.

I think all forms of ID should be illegal, including criminal records.:eusa_whistle:
The only acceptable form of identification should be a Democrat voter registration card.

Right, USMB lefties?

Forum List

Back