Republicans, I have a feeling...

Why is showing an ID before you vote bad, but showing an ID before I buy a new gun or ammo a good thing

**sigh**
Why are you suddenly so comfortable with the further erosion of your freedoms?
It's your right to vote, why should any impediment be put in place for that?

Same as before

Why is showing an ID before you vote bad, but showing an ID before I buy a new gun or ammo a good thing

Who is making that argument?
You're just debating with yourself.

Me thinks someone is full of shit.

"How can they have the time to get a ID say if there's is no longer valid. I just dont see how these laws help."

I work for the military very few fly home just to vote. In fact, I don't know any and I suspect neither do you.

Military can use absentee ballots and they should have valid I.D. Furthermore, if it's no big deal and there's so little fraud, what the hell is your issue with it?

Not one person in the military is going to get shafted by any law requiring I.D.

If I didn't know better I'd think a drama queen posted this.

P.S. What's a CAC?

Bill Internicola is a 91-year-old, Brooklyn-born, World War II veteran. He fought in the Battle of the Bulge and received the Bronze Star for bravery. He’s voted in Florida for 14 years and never had a problem.
Three weeks ago, Bill received a letter from Broward County Florida stating “[Y]ou are not a U.S. Citizen” and therefore, ineligible to vote. He was given the option of requesting “a hearing with the Supervisor of Elections, for the purpose of providing proof that you are a United States citizens” or forfeit his right to vote.
Meet The 91-Year-Old WWII Veteran Targeted By Florida's Voter Purge

Now you show me where having to show government approved ID would have prevented voter fraud.

Why is showing an ID before you vote bad, but showing an ID before I buy a new gun or ammo a good thing?

You can't kill anyone with your vote?

And there's been no real documented cases of vote fraud.

There've been lots of documented cases of crazy people killing people with guns.

Yes you can put people in office who have the capability to kill people, it's called LAW ENFORCEMENT.

**sigh**

Same as before

Who is making that argument?
You're just debating with yourself.

I'm asking you, Why is showing an ID before you vote bad, but showing an ID before I buy a new gun or ammo a good thing

most of you have good intentions when it comes to this voter fraud issue. I dont think many of you truly want to suppress any American voter.

However, In my eyes, I have to say this current push to require a voter ID is just silly.

First off, there are no massive accounts of voter fraud to speak of. In a system such as our, anomalies will occur from time to time. I just dont think this is the best way to deal with voter fraud. If voter fraud is even truly a issue hampering our elections.

I spend a lot of time over seas, mainly on Ascension Island, Antigua, Grand Bahama and many other islands. My time over seas is work related. My concern is for my friends who live at these USAF bases over seas and return home to vote. How can they have the time to get a ID say if there's is no longer valid. I just dont see how these laws help. god forbid if any of my friends return home and hove this issue. what a heart breaker.

Speaking from experience, a know about two dozen people who flew home just to vote in 2008, a day before the election and then flew back to work. Shame if any of these people get shafted by these new laws. I see that as extremely unAmerican.

How can they fly without valid ID?

most of you have good intentions when it comes to this voter fraud issue. I dont think many of you truly want to suppress any American voter.

However, In my eyes, I have to say this current push to require a voter ID is just silly.

First off, there are no massive accounts of voter fraud to speak of. In a system such as our, anomalies will occur from time to time. I just dont think this is the best way to deal with voter fraud. If voter fraud is even truly a issue hampering our elections.

I spend a lot of time over seas, mainly on Ascension Island, Antigua, Grand Bahama and many other islands. My time over seas is work related. My concern is for my friends who live at these USAF bases over seas and return home to vote. How can they have the time to get a ID say if there's is no longer valid. I just dont see how these laws help. god forbid if any of my friends return home and hove this issue. what a heart breaker.

Speaking from experience, a know about two dozen people who flew home just to vote in 2008, a day before the election and then flew back to work. Shame if any of these people get shafted by these new laws. I see that as extremely unAmerican.

How can they fly without valid ID?
How can they cash those government checks without ID?

Why is showing an ID before you vote bad, but showing an ID before I buy a new gun or ammo a good thing?

And there's been no real documented cases of vote fraud.

There've been lots of documented cases of crazy people killing people with guns.

Yes you can put people in office who have the capability to kill people, it's called LAW ENFORCEMENT.

That's more degrees of separation than Kevin Bacon, man.

I STILL don't understand why anybody objects to voter ID.

Of course making IDs easily available is the first step to supporting this law.

IN many places in the USA getting a legal ID is a complete pain in one's ass.

We need to make getting ones IDs a lot easier than it is right now for many of us.

Let me venture that you do not understand it because you like many Americans do not have any consideration for others. You are selfish, myopic and short sighted..OR a liar.

You are not elderly and do not face the disadvantages and insult to their previously established claim of residency these laws impose.

You are not a student with limited resources and time to re-establish residency to new requirements.

You are not black or some other color than white. Many of these people have VERY limited resources.

So what does the imposition of these laws accomplish in the way of solving a problem?

Nothing.

It was and is not a legitimate problem. It is a way to inhibit voters that would for the most part vote for democrats. That in itself is the only "problem". The problem is that republicans cannot win a majority on message. They know this. Their answer to THAT problem is not to change their message...it is to restrict voting convenience to those that are most receptive to their selfish ways.

Republicans are evil lying cheating stealing pieces of shit.

They have no problem commiting election fraud. They do it openly.

This is the stupidest topic in the history of this site. Of fcuking course you should need an valid ID in order to be able to vote. Anybody who thinks it irrelevant has the IQ of a small soap dish. Of fucking course there is going to be fraud when you dont have to show ID.:2up:

If somebody were being held to account for not signing an imnportant document and the excuse from the person was a hangnail, only a liberal would think it patently unfair to hold the person to account.

Last edited:
I STILL don't understand why anybody objects to voter ID.

Of course making IDs easily available is the first step to supporting this law.

IN many places in the USA getting a legal ID is a complete pain in one's ass.

We need to make getting ones IDs a lot easier than it is right now for many of us.

Let me venture that you do not understand it because you like many Americans do not have any consideration for others. You are selfish, myopic and short sighted..OR a liar.

You are not elderly and do not face the disadvantages and insult to their previously established claim of residency these laws impose.

You are not a student with limited resources and time to re-establish residency to new requirements.

You are not black or some other color than white. Many of these people have VERY limited resources.

So what does the imposition of these laws accomplish in the way of solving a problem?

Nothing.

It was and is not a legitimate problem. It is a way to inhibit voters that would for the most part vote for democrats. That in itself is the only "problem". The problem is that republicans cannot win a majority on message. They know this. Their answer to THAT problem is not to change their message...it is to restrict voting convenience to those that are most receptive to their selfish ways.

Republicans are evil lying cheating stealing pieces of shit.

They have no problem commiting election fraud. They do it openly.

Why does Jimmy Carter demand voter ID then?

This is the stupidest topic in the history of this site. Of fcuking course you should need an valid ID in order to be able to vote. Anybody who thinks it irrelevant has the IQ of a small soap dish. Of fucking course there is going to be fraud when you dont have to show ID.:2up:

One Cherokee, One Vote … With Valid ID, Just like Post-Apartheid South Africa Requires

http://sonoranalliance.com/2012/06/...st-like-post-apartheid-south-africa-requires/

Jimmy endorses voter ID

One Cherokee, One Vote … With Valid ID, Just like Post-Apartheid South Africa Requires

http://sonoranalliance.com/2012/06/...st-like-post-apartheid-south-africa-requires/

Jimmy endorses voter ID
Jimmy must have feared the Cherokee would be voting Republican.

If somebody were being held to account for not signing an imnportant document and the excuse from the person was a hangnail, only a liberal would think it patently unfair to hold the person to account.

There are already laws in every state seriously penalizing illegal voting. Why would anyone risk doing prison time to add one more vote, fraudulantly, to any election? They wouldn't and they dont. "voter fraud" as tiny an occurance as it is is almost always commited by people that did not know they were doing anything wrong. It is so rare that statistically it does not and has not ever affected the results of any election on record.

Let's turn this around and ask the only question that matters when making law. What PROOF of injury is there that requires addressing?

Silly???
There are eligibility requirements for people to vote, they are basic requirements at that. Requiring a Voter to provided ID is just a way to ensure the voter is who they say they are and that they meet the requirements.
Do you think it is silly, when the bank ask for ID when you cash a check?
Do you think it is silly, when the bar ask for ID before serving you a drink?
Do you think it is silly, that the Police asks for your ID when they pull you over?

Asking for Voter ID is not voter suppression, it is common sense.

Jimmy endorses voter ID
Jimmy must have feared the Cherokee would be voting Republican.

Go figure. Everywhere the Carter Foundation goes world wide they demand voter ID.

Quick aside I loved Richard Boone in that series. :D I was just a kid then but that was an awesome show. Bat Masterson rocked too.

There are already laws in every state seriously penalizing illegal voting. Why would anyone risk doing prison time to add one more vote, fraudulantly, to any election? They wouldn't and they dont. "voter fraud" as tiny an occurance as it is is almost always commited by people that did not know they were doing anything wrong. It is so rare that statistically it does not and has not ever affected the results of any election on record.

Let's turn this around and ask the only question that matters when making law. What PROOF of injury is there that requires addressing?

With all due respect Huggy SA requires voter identification. The Jimmeh, the guy I love to trash but I actually know he's got a heart of gold, demands voter ID before his group goes in to monitor a foreign election.

With all due respect Huggy SA requires voter identification. The Jimmeh, the guy I love to trash but I actually know he's got a heart of gold, demands voter ID before his group goes in to monitor a foreign election.

We are Americans. We are the free-est country in the world. We do not murder our political opponents. Comparing our needs and freedom to the countries Carter risks his life to monitor is an insult to America. You should be ashamed of yourself.

When a person who is not legally entitled to vote votes, it takes away my freedom to have my vote counted.

Forum List

Back