Republicans Healthcare Replacement Plan

IOW, you're an authoritarian elitist snob, who holds the average person in contempt.

Nope. I'm just the average blue collar "Joe Six Pack" who happens to have the facts on his side. And I'm 100% certain if you could dispute them you'd be shoving them back down my throat. But seeing how you didn't.....

No, you're an elitist who has nothing but your biases against others, who don't live their lives the way you would live them on your side...And all that makes you an elitist snob.

BTW, your contemptuous premises are what's getting jammed back down your throat.

Last edited:
And why is that?

Unbelievable.

Do you simply think hospitals will simply eat the cost of treatment? It's just like retail theft, they will pass on the costs to those who do pay.
Or, maybe those people already qualify for Medicare/Medicaid, too many state programs to mention and/or private charitable programs....Or, maybe they'll make arrangements to pay the bill themselves.

But then again, we're not the ones trying to make the claim that everyone who has no insurance is a deadbeat-in-waiting.

Study: Insured pay 'hidden tax' for uninsured health care - USATODAY.com

WASHINGTON — The average U.S. family and their employers paid an extra $1,017 in health care premiums last year to compensate for the uninsured.

Who do you think pays for the health care of people with no insurance? Do you think it is the insurance companies? Do you think it is the hospital? No, it is you.

And why is that?

Unbelievable.

Do you simply think hospitals will simply eat the cost of treatment? It's just like retail theft, they will pass on the costs to those who do pay.

And why are they treating people who can't pay?

Unbelievable.

Or, maybe those people already qualify for Medicare/Medicaid, too many state programs to mention and/or private charitable programs....Or, maybe they'll make arrangements to pay the bill themselves.

But then again, we're not the ones trying to make the claim that everyone who has no insurance is a deadbeat-in-waiting.

Study: Insured pay 'hidden tax' for uninsured health care - USATODAY.com

WASHINGTON — The average U.S. family and their employers paid an extra $1,017 in health care premiums last year to compensate for the uninsured.

You better be careful or you'll be accused of being an elitist snob by someone who cannot admit he was mistaken. :eusa_hand:

And why is that?

Unbelievable.

It's the law. If you don't treat them then they can sue.

That's exactly right. By law hospitals are required to treat anyone in an emergency regardless of their ability to pay. And then they send the rest of us who do the bill.

Unbelievable.

That's exactly right. By law hospitals are required to treat anyone in an emergency regardless of their ability to pay. And then they send the rest of us who do the bill.

Bingo! And we've finally gotten to the crux of the whole problem. I knew I could steer you there eventually. The government forces them to treat people who can't or won't pay. So being that the government created this problem, the logical thing to have them do would be to repeal that law rather than have them interfere even more in the system and fuck things up even worse. If uninsured people show up at the hospital then let the hospital work out some sort of payment plan or other arrangements for paying the bill. If someone doesn't pay then don't treat them next time they show up. It's that simple.

Unlike you and Jethro Bodine, I don't look down my nose at people who don't live their lives according to how I would live them for them.

I can't help but to stray just a little off topic in order to ask you this question (even though it is medically related)......

Do you feel the same way when it comes to abortion? You don't judge those who who don't live their lives according to how you would live them?

Be honest now.........

Bingo! And we've finally gotten to the crux of the whole problem. I knew I could steer you there eventually. The government forces them to treat people who can't or won't pay. So being that the government created this problem, the logical thing to have them do would be to repeal that law rather than have them interfere even more in the system and fuck things up even worse. If uninsured people show up at the hospital then let the hospital work out some sort of payment plan or other arrangements for paying the bill. If someone doesn't pay then don't treat them next time they show up. It's that simple.

Uhhhhh.....they do. They even take them to court. But you cannot get blood from a turnip and we still end up paying. And failing to treat someoneone having a heart attack would be something NOBODY with a heart (or even a head) wants. Especially in the wealthiest nation in the world.

Last edited:

Uhhhhh.....they do. They even take them to court. But you cannot get blood from a turnip and we still end up paying. .

Which is why I said they should repeal the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act.

And failing to treat someoneone having a heart attack would be something NOBODY with a heart (or even a head) wants.

That's an emotional argument, not a logical one. If they have a history of not paying, they should not be treated.

Especially in the wealthiest nation in the world.

That's completely irrelevant.

Last edited:
Unlike you and Jethro Bodine, I don't look down my nose at people who don't live their lives according to how I would live them for them.

That's fine, but personal responsibility should be a two way street, not just your narcissistic one way street.

If you don't want to buy health insurance, fine, then you must sign a 'do not treat' contract. Then, if you get t-boned in a car accident the ambulance will not waste their time on you and waste MY money treating you. They can quickly move to the next guy.

I can't help but to stray just a little off topic in order to ask you this question (even though it is medically related)......

Do you feel the same way when it comes to abortion? You don't judge those who who don't live their lives according to how you would live them?

Be honest now.........
As long as they're not directly transgressing against me or my property, no.

Goose's bringing up abortion causes me to note the irony of those, who think the government has no business telling a woman what she should do with her body, promoting vast government control over all other aspects of our bodies.

Goose's bringing up abortion causes me to note the irony of those, who think the government has no business telling a woman what she should do with her body, promoting vast government control over all other aspects of our bodies.

And just how is (or would) the government have "vast government control over all other aspects of our bodies"?

Please be specific.

Bingo! And we've finally gotten to the crux of the whole problem. I knew I could steer you there eventually. The government forces them to treat people who can't or won't pay. So being that the government created this problem, the logical thing to have them do would be to repeal that law rather than have them interfere even more in the system and fuck things up even worse. If uninsured people show up at the hospital then let the hospital work out some sort of payment plan or other arrangements for paying the bill.
If someone doesn't pay then don't treat them next time they show up. It's that simple.

Uhhhhh.....they do. They even take them to court. But you cannot get blood from a turnip and we still end up paying.

And failing to treat someoneone having a heart attack would be something NOBODY with a heart (or even a head) wants. Especially in the wealthiest nation in the world.

exactly but thats just half of it, lets say they need surgery, pace maker something very expensive and not easily available?

Forum List

Back