Republicans have become the best in the world at “Political Houdini”

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rdean, Sep 1, 2010.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,051
    Watching Ari Fleischer on “Morning Joe”, I was struck at how well he learned from the master. Richard Engle, a reporter who had been living in Iraq for the last 6 years was sitting right across from him. When Ari went on about, “9/11, Iraq, 9/11, Iraq”, Richard finally broke in and said, “Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11”. Ari said, “I never said it did”. Richard said, “That’s not what I heard”. Ari was right. Even though he put 9/11 and Iraq in every sentence together, he never ACTUALLY said they were connected. They were only connected because they shared every sentence out of Ari’s mouth.

Then Ari with on a tear with Savannah Guthrie about the fact that Obama never used the word “win”. “Soldier’s don’t want to fight in a war that’s unwinnable. No one wants to spend time in a war that you can’t win. No way can you sell a war to the American people unless you can win it.

Savannah said, “Well, you don’t want to get trapped by saying something like Mission Accomplished”. Then Ari said, “I never said the Obama should use the word “win”. See how “smooth” that was? Hit, hit, hit, sidestep. So clean. So neat. So well done.

It’s like Bush when he gave a conference on Iraq. Going on about how “they” came and killed 3,000 Americans and that was why we are in Iraq. When someone from the audience said, “Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11”, Bush said, “No one in this administration ever said they did”. Even today, you have right wingers insisting Iraq agents met with al Qaeda in Romania or some place. But NO ONE from the Bush Administration ever suggested they did. I especially like the part where he said, “Iraq had the capacity too….” And then just stopped.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdlUi8-9TMU]YouTube - Bush admits Iraq/Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11[/ame]

So neat, so clean.

They have used the strategy against this president and the Democrats for the last 19 months and it’s been effective. Hit, hit, hit, sidestep. I never said that.

This is “Political Houdini” at its best. Something belonging to the Republicans that they have developed all their own. They should be proud they have found a way of not actually needing policy. Hit, hit, hit, sidestep.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  2. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    "it's a hard life, kid, and it's even harder when you're stupid."- g. higgins

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    "I Wreck" has GOT to go down as one of the biggest mistakes of the past 75 years, neo conservatisms has all but killed the very word "conservative" for me and the GOP would be so much better if they would scurry back to the Democratic Party where their fore fathers came from and take their social con brethren with em!

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,022
    Rdean you have yet to tell us why 5.7 trillion in 8 years was horrible but 3 trillion in 2 years is a GOOD thing?

5. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,051
    I explained that before but since you asked "again", I'll explain "again". Guess the first couple of times didn't "take".

Bush and the Republicans inherited a "surplus". The economy may have been in a very mild recession. But by time Obama inherited the economy, it's was hemorrhaging jobs at the rate of 750,000 a MONTH. The Dow had dropped from 11,000 when Bush took office to 6,000, that's 4,000 LESS that what it is today.

If the 2.4 trillion dollar tax cuts worked they way they were supposed to, why is our economy such a disaster? That's the most obvious question.

It took 8 years for Republican policies to wreck the economy. You can't turn it around overnight. But Obama is succeeding, even with Republicans attempting to stop him at every turn. So far, the Republicans are winning. But after what they have already done, can America afford their bill?

I hope I helped you to understand the facts. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

6. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,022
    You did not explain how 3 trilion in debt in 2 years is a good thing, in fact you just said Obama's policies were not working cause the evil Republicans were winning. Go figure.

7. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,717
    Wait! Was Bush using a teleprompter there? :eek:

8. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,051
    That's just it. No one ever said it was a good thing. You keep making the suggestion that someone said that, but if I ask, "Who said that?", you will sidestep and say, "I never suggested anyone did".

You see? Hit, hit, hit, sidestep.

More Republican "Houdini". Your masters have been teaching you. You are learning well the lessons of the "Dark Side".

9. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,051
    You only need a teleprompter when you stick to the facts. You don't want to accidentally tell something not true.

10. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,051
    Personally, I never understood the word "conservative". The US has been a "science and technology" driven country and a world leader, always forward thinking. Republicans want to take us into a dark past. Not sure why?