Republicans found a clever way to get around pre-existing conditions! You are about to get screwed!

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
The Senate figured out how to get around pre-existing conditions.

Leave it to the state. That's their "plan".

Oh, and call it "flexible". Their new code word for "you're f*cked!".

could you explain just what it is you're talking about?

She is talking about the proposed replacement to ACA. In the bill instead of mandating that all insurance companies cover everyone with pre existing conditions, it will be left up to each individual state to decide if insurance companies have to cover everyone regardless of health.

• Banned

She is talking about the proposed replacement to ACA. In the bill instead of mandating that all insurance companies cover everyone with pre existing conditions, it will be left up to each individual state to decide if insurance companies have to cover everyone regardless of health.
Which of course would make healthcare unaffordable for anyone with a pre-existing condition. And every body get's sick. No one is immortal.

• Banned
It always surprises me how little people who come to the USMB know when it comes to politics. Or else, it's about denial. You have to have an open mind and eventually, the facts will settle out.

For instance, I never believed Trump actually stiffed his workers. Who would do such a thing. Turned he did. Many times. Eventually, there were so many facts in print, the truth simply could not be denied.

The buzz words they use, 'flexible' and 'choice'. The choice is they leave it to the states to deny coverage to people and do away with all the provisions of Obamacare that people like. Why? Because local press for a state that throws millions off of healthcare is miniscule compared to the national coverage of Republicans in Congress ending 25 million people's healthcare.

A national shell game. "Guess where the pea is! Nope, wrong one! Guess again!".

The buzz words they use, 'flexible' and 'choice'. The choice is they leave it to the states to deny coverage to people and do away with all the provisions of Obamacare that people like. Why? Because local press for a state that throws millions off of healthcare is miniscule compared to the national coverage of Republicans in Congress ending 25 million people's healthcare.

A national shell game. "Guess where the pea is! Nope, wrong one! Guess again!".
So this new healthcare bill being written from a "blank page" by the Senate has been released for inspection? Has it gone to the CBO?

What are you scared about?

• Banned

Look at these Republicans:
Duh, uh, what does that mean, duh.

Until they actually get whacked, they will say I don't see anything coming.

Well, McConnell doesn't have much faith in getting enough Republican votes. Trump said ACA is dead and it will be if they don't fund it. We'll see what 2018 has to offer sometime this summer.

Which of course would make healthcare unaffordable for anyone with a pre-existing condition. And every body get's sick. No one is immortal.
and a hell of a lot of people have what the ins co's would consider a pre-existing condition...i delivered mail to a guy who was turned down because he had been to a doctor a few times for an ingrown toenail.....

and a hell of a lot of people have what the ins co's would consider a pre-existing condition...i delivered mail to a guy who was turned down because he had been to a doctor a few times for an ingrown toenail.....

The ingrown toenail is a little hard to believe for his decline. Must be more to the story like other health conditions or maybe they placed an exclusion on that toe or maybe rated his premiums up a little higher because he had them before, but getting turned down his hard to chew.

We all know what happens when the Feds drop a responsibility on the states and the state is given an option

We gave states the option of expanding Medicaid too

You have a link to the actual text of the bill? Forgive Me, but you idiots are so unhinged, I'd have to actually read the law. None of you are trustworthy.

The ingrown toenail is a little hard to believe for his decline. Must be more to the story like other health conditions or maybe they placed an exclusion on that toe or maybe rated his premiums up a little higher because he had them before, but getting turned down his hard to chew.
he showed me the letter.....its the only thing this guy, who was in his 20's, ever had that required any kind of surgery or such ....they did not say ingrown toenail outright,they said "prior medical problems".....but it is the only thing this guy ever had done to him of note.....now this was back in the 90's mind you.....

he showed me the letter.....its the only thing this guy, who was in his 20's, ever had that required any kind of surgery or such ....they did not say ingrown toenail outright,they said "prior medical problems".....but it is the only thing this guy ever had done to him of note.....now this was back in the 90's mind you.....

Well it could have been, I wonder what they meant for prior medical problems? Before ACA some conditions they went back to birth.

I can remember back in the 90's my first weight lifter I wrote, turned down. 5'8" 225 lbs, over the weight limit , because whether the weight is from muscle or fat it supposedly puts more risk on your vital organs. I thought the guy was going to kill me, hell I didn't have anything to do with it.

I'm trying to figure out how it would be unaffordable. Aren't you one of those that thinks those that currently don't have it should get it? If so, if they can't afford it, it's your fault since you won't personally fund it for them. If you personally won't provide to those what you think they should have provided to them, don't expect those of us that hold no responsibility to them to be forced to do it. Pay up.

You're conflating health insurance with health care. Again.

But somehow in Europe they manage healthcare that ignores pre-existing conditions and it costs LESS than the US, I wonder why that is.

Oh yeah, they don't set the system up with as many leeches as possible funneling money out of the system.

Forum List

Back