Republicans, Do You Not See The Hypocrisy In Your Disdain For Paying Taxes?

Well this where your ignorance comes on display. The extension of unemployment benefits created economic demand. For every dollar given to the unemployed they quickly spent it on food, clothing, and shelter. Every dollar spent created $1.61 in economic growth. Than is the nature of capitalism in terms of demand side economics.

Stop and actually think Billy. You expect us to believe people on unemployment spend MORE money on food, clothing and shelter than employed people? Economic growth? :lol:
No they had a unique situation. They were poor and desperate for money. The benefits they received were spent IMMEDIATELY on basic services. See had someone of the middle class had received that money they were more likely to save it before they spent it. Chances are when they would spend it it would go to some luxury item. Or maybe they would spend it immediately. However, the unemployed will guarantee the market service right away.

Wrong, those folks didn't suddenly start consuming more food or more housing idiot.
Lol economists are smarter than your simple minded reasoning about money. It's all explained right here by an economist. Can you sound that word out for me? E-con-omist. I know it's a new word for your vocabulary but in time you'll grasp it.

Extended Federal Unemployment Benefits and the Economy

Interesting that your study fails to mention that the same person made more of an impact when they had a job. Not to mention ignoring the costs of food stamp and unemployment benefits on the economy. The report is highly flawed, but then you already knew that, because your such an economist.
Lol what are you talking about? More of an impact when they had a job? Lol no shit. They lost their job to the recession. Lol it does mention the cost of the unemployment benefits. Every dollar lost in revenue was replaced by $1.61 from consumer spending.

I'm sorry you flunked reading comprehension.

Stop and actually think Billy. You expect us to believe people on unemployment spend MORE money on food, clothing and shelter than employed people? Economic growth? :lol:
No they had a unique situation. They were poor and desperate for money. The benefits they received were spent IMMEDIATELY on basic services. See had someone of the middle class had received that money they were more likely to save it before they spent it. Chances are when they would spend it it would go to some luxury item. Or maybe they would spend it immediately. However, the unemployed will guarantee the market service right away.

Wrong, those folks didn't suddenly start consuming more food or more housing idiot.
Lol economists are smarter than your simple minded reasoning about money. It's all explained right here by an economist. Can you sound that word out for me? E-con-omist. I know it's a new word for your vocabulary but in time you'll grasp it.

Extended Federal Unemployment Benefits and the Economy

Interesting that your study fails to mention that the same person made more of an impact when they had a job. Not to mention ignoring the costs of food stamp and unemployment benefits on the economy. The report is highly flawed, but then you already knew that, because your such an economist.
Lol what are you talking about? More of an impact when they had a job? Lol no shit. They lost their job to the recession. Lol it does mention the cost of the unemployment benefits. Every dollar lost in revenue was replaced by $1.61 from consumer spending.

If drawing UE is such a good idea for the economy, it would be utopia if everyone was on UE.

Apparently you didn't even read it. Less revenue means MORE BORROWING. Revenue pays the gov bills. Spending itself is necessary. Over spending, what you are saying, is what needs to stop. However over spending is just as bad as cutting taxes.

So your first reaction to less revenue in your household is to borrow more? You never trim expenses? When you spend more than you take in...wait for it...YOU OVER SPENT.

Tell me. When the government gives money to build a public school, do you not call that spending? It's amazing you cons lack such a basic understanding of the government. Spending is spending. Anything the gov funds is spending. I can't believe I have to explain that. Debt comes from over spending. Revenue funds the gov. Cutting revenue means the gov must borrow more money to fund.

Lol I'm sure a 6 year old could understand this logic.
So you lost the argument.

I initially said that we don't mind paying taxes for essential things. If we spent on essential things, we'd be about 1.5 trillion dollars in the green.

Now, I don't believe I have to explain this to you as most four year olds understand it. A public school is built by property taxes that are usually voted upon.

Has nothing to do with the federal debt, the federal deficit, nor out of control spending.

Just stop while you are ahead because I simply can't waste anymore time on showing you how 2 + 2 = 4 if you are just going to say, "is not"......

Enjoy.
Lol because you seem to have a vague understanding on the defintion of spending I somehow lost the argument?
You lost the argument the moment you began insulting someone.

I have a very clear understanding of spending and how much of it we do.

You seem to lack the understanding that if we stop spending on programs that are not essential, that we would have no need for "MORE" taxes. Which is why tax cuts do NOT cause debt.

If the United States government spent money on essential items, such as defense, infrastructure, land managment, we would have a surplus of income.

If we did not have the debt, that surplus of income could be used for emergency funding for disasters, instead of having to borrow for disasters.

We could, in fact, cut a half-billion dollars in taxes and still run a surplus. Gee...a tax cut that does not cause a deficit or increase in debt.

We could, with a trillion dollar surplus, and an end to unfunded mandates to the States, wipe clean the deficits of every state and begin to improve the climate in which business could flourish. As business flourishes, jobs become more plentiful and better paying, which reduces poverty and dependence upon government.

If we cut spending, life for everyone would begin to improve and people would begin to regain their self-respect and actually care about their life, their country, and their neighbor.

Instead, we have the progressive compassion of oppression and spending.

Soon, this country will not be able to afford your kind of 'compassion'.

Every dollar paid in benefits was replaced by $1.61 from consumer spending. No, you gave the person a dollar, they can only spend a dollar. Further, they owe tax on that dollar. The additional 61 cents claimed, assumes quite a bit. The whole premise is flawed, as it is a fall back position to employing the person. It also assumes the government created all these jobs, which is also wrong.

Every dollar paid in benefits was replaced by $1.61 from consumer spending. No, you gave the person a dollar, they can only spend a dollar. Further, they owe tax on that dollar. The additional 61 cents claimed, assumes quite a bit. The whole premise is flawed, as it is a fall back position to employing the person. It also assumes the government created all these jobs, which is also wrong.
Lol are you suggesting consumer spending doesn't stimulate the economy? Are you that dense? The free market would t thrive if dollars just cancelled each other out lol. A dollar spent created profit for the business. This isn't hard to figure out.

Lol are you suggesting consumer spending doesn't stimulate the economy? Are you that dense? The free market would t thrive if dollars just cancelled each other out lol. A dollar spent created profit for the business. This isn't hard to figure out.

No, I am suggesting you misquoted your own source. Fact.

Consumer spending may not stimulate the economy. Do you know why?

You are constantly complaining about the moocher culture in this country yet you expect the government to pay for everything for you by not wanting to pay taxes. For one thing, it is a very small minority of people who abuse government assistance like food stamps. Food stamps, by and large, feed starving families. The actual facts and statistics on food stamps, that you refuse to acknowledge, reflect that. On the other hand, there are 10s of million mooching tea baggers who would prefer not to pay taxes.

Paying taxes is part of being a citizen of this country. You can't bitch and whine about the national debt AND paying taxes. How you don't see how those issues are connected just blows my mind. You want a bitching military? Pay your taxes. You want your kids to go to public school? Pay your taxes. You want this country to have strong infrastructure? Pay your fucking taxes you mooch.

Yeah, yeah the poor don't pay taxes derp, derp, derp. There's an easy solution for that. Raise the goddamn minimum wage so it can at least be kept up with the current level of fucking inflation. Then we can all pay taxes!

We do pay our taxes and mostly to worthless govt programs and services that we could easily do without. You're just dependent on govt. You're unable to think for yourself.
Ok give me some examples of waste. Be very specific.

Oh, my God...you're seriously not going to claim that the Federal Government doesn't waste billions of dollars...nobody can be THAT ignorant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are constantly complaining about the moocher culture in this country yet you expect the government to pay for everything for you by not wanting to pay taxes. For one thing, it is a very small minority of people who abuse government assistance like food stamps. Food stamps, by and large, feed starving families. The actual facts and statistics on food stamps, that you refuse to acknowledge, reflect that. On the other hand, there are 10s of million mooching tea baggers who would prefer not to pay taxes.

Paying taxes is part of being a citizen of this country. You can't bitch and whine about the national debt AND paying taxes. How you don't see how those issues are connected just blows my mind. You want a bitching military? Pay your taxes. You want your kids to go to public school? Pay your taxes. You want this country to have strong infrastructure? Pay your fucking taxes you mooch.

Yeah, yeah the poor don't pay taxes derp, derp, derp. There's an easy solution for that. Raise the goddamn minimum wage so it can at least be kept up with the current level of fucking inflation. Then we can all pay taxes!

We do pay our taxes and mostly to worthless govt programs and services that we could easily do without. You're just dependent on govt. You're unable to think for yourself.

Oh, my God...you're seriously not going to claim that the Federal Government doesn't waste billions of dollars...nobody can be THAT ignorant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wasn't implying there wasn't waste. I just wanted him to give me examples he thought were waste. Yeah we waste billions on defense spending. No doubt.

I wasn't implying there wasn't waste. I just wanted him to give me examples he thought were waste. Yeah we waste billions on defense spending. No doubt.

So you demand that people waste their time giving "very specific" examples of what you admit exists?:asshole:

Why don't you provide "very specific" examples of a Federal Government agency that DOESN'T have rampant waste!

Talk about disdain for paying taxes: What about those that park their $7M yacht in Rhode Island to avoid paying $500k per year in Massachusetts? Or Those that write off their used underwear they donated to charity?

You can start here.

WASHINGTON — A new government report on duplication and fragmentation in federal programs can read like a book of "screw-in-a-light-bulb" jokes.

It takes 10 different offices at the Department of Health and Human Services to run programs addressing AIDS in minority communities. Autism research is spread out over 11 different agencies. Eight agencies at the Defense Department are looking for prisoners of war and missing in action.And Schriever Air Force Base in Coloradohas eight different satellite control centers to control 10 satellite programs.

The report, by the non-partisan Government Accountability Office, identifies 26 new areas where federal government programs are fragmented, duplicative, overlapping or just inefficient. Add that to the 162 areas identified in past reports, and Congress has a road map for saving tens of billions of dollars a year.

Government often has 10 agencies doing one job

Tell me. When the government gives money to build a public school, do you not call that spending? It's amazing you cons lack such a basic understanding of the government. Spending is spending. Anything the gov funds is spending. I can't believe I have to explain that. Debt comes from over spending. Revenue funds the gov. Cutting revenue means the gov must borrow more money to fund.
Lol I'm sure a 6 year old could understand this logic.
Funny then that -you- do not understand you only run a deficit after drop in revenue when you choose to not reduce spending to match.

It's less difficult to explain.

But somehow you manage to fail in that category.

It's not disdain for paying taxes, it's tax money being wasted, big difference.
You people exaggerate this waste a lot.

This list is just from the $820 billion stimulus bill

$150 Million - for the Smithsonian Museum. Are additional rooms really necessary at this time?

$75 Million - for "smoking cessation activities"

$25 million - for tribal alcohol and substance abuse reduction

$200 Million - to fund the LEASE of alternative energy vehicles for the use on military installations. They are soldiers who march from building to building, and Michelle Obama has also held the need for MORE people to be physically fit.

$88 Million - for renovating the headquarters of the Public Health Services. I wouldn't think of renovating my OWN house until I knew I could afford it

$160 Million - for "paid volunteers" ... at the Corporation for National and community Service If they are paid they are not volunteers, they are called employees.

$5.5 Million - for "energy efficiency initiatives" at the Department of Veteran Affairs National Cemetery Administration. Electric hearses?? .. or are we talking about electric lawn mowers here?

Forum List

Back