Republicans beginning to admit to undermining democracy

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by rdean, Aug 22, 2012.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,996
    Doug Preisse, chairman of the Republican Party in Franklin County, which contains the city of Columbus, admitted in an email to the Columbus Dispatch that black voters would now have a more difficult time voting:
    I guess I really actually feel we shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban — read African-American — voter-turnout machine. Let’s be fair and reasonable.

Secretary of State Husted most recently suspended two Democratic members of the Montgomery County Election Board for voting to allow weekend voting in spite of the directive to restrict hours.

Ohio GOP Election Board Member: Our Voting Process Shouldn't Accommodate Black Voters

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This isn't about "photo ID". This is clearly about restricting voter rights.

Speaking of Voter ID:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The comment has Democrats on edge, as they say it further proves their argument that the law was politically motivated and created to help Republicans.

"Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done," he said, drawing applause.

Pennsylvania lawmaker sparks fire over voter ID comment – CNN Political Ticker

----------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, some Republicans are being truthful and telling America they are trying to "undermine democracy".

Now the "can of worms".

Polls put Romney's support from the black community at ZERO. Yes, "0%". I have voted in every election since Nixon and Republicans have received a portion of the black vote in every election. But this time is different and not just because the president is black.

Going after the rights of African Americans and attempting to take away their right to vote is "aggression". This is a declaration of war. Do Republicans think today's black Americans will take this type of attack? Remember, it's only war if they "fight back". And they will "fight back". Believe it. This is a can of worms Republicans will wish they never opened. You heard it here first.

2. naturegirl

naturegirl Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +862
    Oh Lawd, did ya ever think this might be about doing what's right?? You know making sure the person voting was actually alive????

3. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,996
    I guess you missed the part about cutting days and shortening hours while targeting blacks.

You can't hide behind "Photo ID" anymore. Republican leaders have spilled the beans.

4. naturegirl

naturegirl Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +862
    Pssst, in case you didn't know, the rest of the US is not a bit like Chicago. Nope, not even close. Your alderman knows this but he doesn't want you to know. :eusa_shhh:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Firehorse

Firehorse Free Thinker

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    With unemployment in the black community so high during this administration, how could you find hours and days when blacks couldn't vote?

6. AmyNation

AmyNation Road Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    In Ohio it's tradition for African Americans to vote after church. It's a great way to ensure that the elderly and disabled have rides to the polling places.

7. naturegirl

naturegirl Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +862
    So traditionally they must vote on Sunday after church or their rights are being taken away??

Seriously, did you really just type that?? :eusa_hand:

8. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,026
    Have we hit your "Romney is a poopy head thread" 5000000 yet?

You're just flooding.

9. AmyNation

AmyNation Road Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    Could you be less whiny?

I never said that. I said its a long standing tradition in Ohio. I made no comment on rights.

However, I do feel, the cutting of hours, typcially when minorites vote, as well as the added restrictions to register voters, in many of the the swing states, feels shady to me.

10. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,886
    If blacks are so god damn stupid they can't figure out how to do something as simple as voting what do you expect the rest of us to do?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1