Republican Women In Florida Livid Over DeSantis Stabbing Them In The Back Over Alimony Law

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
DeSantis, whose presidential campaign is going great right now, decided to take a break from harming children and marginalized communities to do something nasty to his own base of right-wing Republican white women. He signed a measure that bans permanent alimony and rewrites the formula for other kinds of alimony. Only existing non-modifiable agreements are not subject to the new terms. If they are modifiable, as many are, that means a flood of cases in Florida are about to be reopened and will overwhelmingly harm Florida women.

'This is a death sentence for me': Florida Republican women say they will switch parties after DeSantis approves alimony law.

“He (DeSantis) has just impoverished all the older women of Florida, and I know at least 3,000 women across the state of Florida are switching to Democrat and we will campaign against him, all the way, forever,” Camille Fiveash, a Milton Republican who receives permanent alimony, said in a phone interview Friday.

Fiveash, a 63-year-old with serious medical conditions, said she can’t afford another legal fight over alimony.

Brilliant move Ronny. The one group of voters nobody can afford to lose.

DeSantis, whose presidential campaign is going great right now, decided to take a break from harming children and marginalized communities to do something nasty to his own base of right-wing Republican white women. He signed a measure that bans permanent alimony and rewrites the formula for other kinds of alimony. Only existing non-modifiable agreements are not subject to the new terms. If they are modifiable, as many are, that means a flood of cases in Florida are about to be reopened and will overwhelmingly harm Florida women.

'This is a death sentence for me': Florida Republican women say they will switch parties after DeSantis approves alimony law.

“He (DeSantis) has just impoverished all the older women of Florida, and I know at least 3,000 women across the state of Florida are switching to Democrat and we will campaign against him, all the way, forever,” Camille Fiveash, a Milton Republican who receives permanent alimony, said in a phone interview Friday.

Fiveash, a 63-year-old with serious medical conditions, said she can’t afford another legal fight over alimony.

Real men know real women don't need no man's money.

"I know at least 3,000 woman... ". what a odd, spitball statement

hey imbecile...the fla divorce dockets are so full along with their fucked up divorce laws......i have a tds libturd brother and sister go through one each..............the libturd dumb ass sister twice....lol.................it takes fucking yrs to rid yourself of a mistake

dailykook...our daily source from you retard

Daily Kos? LOL

He actually did the right thing........nobody needs to pay alimony that long....get a job whores

hey imbecile...the fla divorce dockets are so full along with their fucked up divorce laws......i have a tds libturd brother and sister go through one each..............the libturd dumb ass sister twice....lol.................it takes fucking yrs to rid yourself of a mistake

dailykook...our daily source from you retard
Funny how "libtards" didn't make these alimony laws....
Men in general made them.......or as I call them, simps

Oh boy oh boy! I can see how the Church Ladies in Florida would be pissed off! :eek:

Forum List

Back