Republican, Washington insider under investigation

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Alabama Republican on the hot seat!!! :eek: :D
House Republican insists he'll be cleared in insider trading probe - CNN.com
Washington (CNN) -- Rep. Spencer Bachus, chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, acknowledged Friday that he is under investigation for possible violations of insider trading laws, but insisted he will be cleared.

Rep. Bachus faces insider-trading investigation - The Washington Post
Rep. Spencer Bachus (R-Ala.), who holds one of the most influential positions in the House, has been a frequent trader on Capitol Hill, buying stock options while overseeing the nation’s banking and financial services industries.

Lets stay on topic (Bachus) now shall we? ;) The guy has been there since '93 too. He's addicted to perks.

Probably perfectly legal.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RfrdWp_HdM&feature=related]Pelosi Grilled Over Conflict of Interest - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x95uC_wzUX4]'60 Minutes' Blows The Lid Off Congressional Insider Trading - YouTube[/ame]

Washington (CNN) -- Rep. Spencer Bachus, chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, acknowledged Friday that he is under investigation for possible violations of insider trading laws, but insisted he will be cleared.

Rep. Spencer Bachus (R-Ala.), who holds one of the most influential positions in the House, has been a frequent trader on Capitol Hill, buying stock options while overseeing the nation’s banking and financial services industries.

Lets stay on topic (Bachus) now shall we? ;) The guy has been there since '93 too. He's addicted to perks.
You Hannityites are so predictable :lol:

Boehner faces ethics dilemma over probe of Rep. Bachus - TheHill.com
An ethics investigation of Financial Services Committee Chairman Spencer Bachus (R-Ala.) has put Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) in a politically tricky spot.

Years ago as minority leader, Boehner called on Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) to relinquish his Ways and Means Committee chairmanship during a high-profile ethics investigation.

Whats John :smoke: gonna do? :(

6vdip.gif

heres the deal dear...If Backus is found GULITY of something, he should GO.. as you agree so should Pelosi OR any Democrat if the same is found about them,right?
And your alls little digs about how everyone here supposedly watch Hannity, Beck, listen to Rush, etc etc. is getting stale

Last edited:
An ethics investigation of Financial Services Committee Chairman Spencer Bachus (R-Ala.) has put Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) in a politically tricky spot.

Years ago as minority leader, Boehner called on Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) to relinquish his Ways and Means Committee chairmanship during a high-profile ethics investigation.

Bachus couldn't be guilty of insider trading by any accepted legal definition. Rangel's violations of tax law were so blatant that they made a mockery of his position as chairman. There's no comparison between the two cases.

Last edited:

heres the deal dear...If Backus is found GULITY of something, he should GO.. as you agree so should Pelosi OR any Democrat if the same is found about them,right?
And your alls little digs about how everyone here supposedly watch Hannity, Beck, listen to Rush, etc etc. is getting stale

Oddball said he was posting on Hannity earlier dear :rolleyes: You snooze, you lose.

Bachus couldn't be guilty of insider trading by any accepted legal definition. Rangel's violations of tax law were so blatant that they made a mockery of his position as chairman. There's no comparison between the two cases.
Boehner pledged to run an ethically clean chamber after the GOP reclaimed the House majority in January of 2011. Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), meanwhile, has touted the House GOP’s “zero-level tolerance” policy on ethics.

Asked about the Bachus probe, Cantor spokeswoman Laena Fallon said, “Leader Cantor isn’t aware of any investigation and we have no information on the reports you reference, but if we are made aware of an investigation or the Committee notifies us of violations, of course there will be a response.”

Oddball said he was posting on Hannity earlier dear :rolleyes: You snooze, you lose.

I noticed you skipped over the other I posted..SO should Pelosi or any Democrat as I hear there are some of them under invistigation for this also, they should go too, RIGHT?

I noticed you skipped over the other I posted..SO should Pelosi or any Democrat as I hear there are some of them under invistigation for this also, they should go too, RIGHT?

I don't want to say that you're stupid but you aint that bright. It was in my Opening post :banghead:

Last edited:

I don't want to say that you're stupid but you aint that bright. It was in my Opening post :banghead:

Say whatever blows you simple skirt up dear..No one is paying attention anyway.

CONGRESSIONAL INSIDER TRADING is NOT a partisan problem...it is an AMERICAN problem.

Do I doubt that DEMS AND REPS do it?

Not one bit.

Anybody who thinks they're going to get partisan milage out of this issue is a very foolish partisan.

Not nearly as predictable as liberoidal goobers who excuse such behavior when the perp has that (D) by their name.

Fact remains that insider trading has been made legal for members of congress...Though what Bauchus did may indeed be hypocritical, opportunistic and generally scummy, there is little question over the legality of it.

Bauchus is being investigated by the Ethics Committee, not by the Dept of Justice. If in their investigation illegalities come to light, then the issue of criminal conduct and culpability can be discussed.

As an aside, for those such as Romney & the echo chamber who blame our economic downfall on Obama, the words of Bauchus are telling:

“The idea that I or anyone else needed this meeting to know our financial markets were in trouble is just laughable,” he wrote in the letter. “You would have to be living under a rock not to know by September 18, 2008 that the economy was in bad shape.”

Bauchus is being investigated by the Ethics Committee, not by the Dept of Justice. If in their investigation illegalities come to light, then the issue of criminal conduct and culpability can be discussed.

As an aside, for those such as Romney & the echo chamber who blame our economic downfall on Obama, the words of Bauchus are telling:

“The idea that I or anyone else needed this meeting to know our financial markets were in trouble is just laughable,” he wrote in the letter. “You would have to be living under a rock not to know by September 18, 2008 that the economy was in bad shape.”

Most of thinking people know its not ALL Obama's fault, but he refuses to do anything useful to help.... and the few things he has done have been TOTALLY WRONG.

As for the 9-18-2008 economy 'stuff'... Most 'real' conservatives knew it was bad because Bush was doing all the wrong things as well.... thats why we knew Obama was a really bad idea.
Bush was using liberal ideas to fix the issues... he was a RINO, and he drove me crazy during his last term.

If only Obama was investigated... then I'd take these things seriously.

Same old crap. Democrats keep up the pressure on republicans for stuff that they voted to be legal. Insider trading is legal and every experienced congressperson takes advantage of it.

Forum List

Back