Republican Traitors Declare War on the American People

truth?
calling the people traitors and saying they are waging a war...
what truth is in that..?
with the Progressives it's always a WAR on something..
women
gays
blacks
and especially the war on the poor poor Government

it's all become a YAWN

I guess this guy is a 'progressive' too, huh Monica?

Alan Simpson Slams Fellow Republicans For Unwillingness To Compromise

s-ALAN-SIMPSON-large.jpg

Former Sen. Alan Simpson (R-Wyo.) lashed out at members of his party on Sunday, slamming them for their unwillingness to compromise on proposed tax increases.

In his characteristically colorful style, Simpson told CNN's Fareed Zakaria that Republicans' rigid opposition to new tax revenues has hampered productivity and diminished the chances of reaching an agreement with Democrats on debt reduction.

"You can’t cut spending your way out of this hole," Simpson, who was appointed as co-chair of President Obama's Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform in 2010, said. "You can’t grow your way out of this hole, and you can’t tax your way out of this hole. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, we tell these people. This is madness."

Simpson continued: "If you want to be a purist, go somewhere on a mountaintop and praise the east or something. But if you want to be in politics, you learn to compromise. And you learn to compromise on the issue without compromising yourself. Show me a guy who won’t compromise and I’ll show you a guy with rock for brains."

The former senator, along with debt commission co-chair Erskine Bowles, developed a plan in 2010 for bringing down the top tax rate and lowering the deficit by repealing a number of tax cuts and credits. The initial plan, commonly known as Simpson-Bowles, was mostly ignored by lawmakers. A bipartisan budget modeled after their report was rejected by the House earlier this year.

During the interview Sunday, he expressed frustration with his party's focus on social issues, as well as the ability of outspoken figures like Americans for Tax Reform head Grover Norquist to drive the conversation.

"I guess I'm known as a RINO now, which means a Republican in name only, because, I guess, of social views, perhaps, or common sense would be another one, which seems to escape members of our party," Simpson said. "For heaven’s sake, you have Grover Norquist wandering the earth in his white robes saying that if you raise taxes one penny, he’ll defeat you. He can’t murder you. He can’t burn your house. The only thing he can do to you, as an elected official, is defeat you for reelection. And if that means more to you than your country when we need patriots to come out in a situation when we’re in extremity, you shouldn’t even be in Congress."
If then-Senator Simpson had said such a thing as that in the Equality State, that would have been his last term as Senator. :lmao:

Things change, but I don't think Wyoming has. :lol::lol::lol:

A Rino calls for Tax hikes. Big surprise!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The GOP’s war on Americans has been going on for some time, but it started in earnest in January 2011 when Republicans assumed control of the House of Representatives and several state legislatures. First it must be emphasized that in recent memory there are no instances of Republicans passing any legislation that helps the American people, but they have worked tirelessly to help the wealthiest one percent. It is expected that during a normal campaign season, candidates and political parties would promote their agendas by stressing what they will do for the people, but Republicans have abandoned any pretext of helping Americans and are blatantly campaigning on enriching the wealthy and corporations.

Shortly after taking their oath of office, Republicans immediately singled out women for their initial assault, and then set out to increase hunger and poverty with vicious spending cuts affecting the poor, children, and elderly Americans. They used the deficit, budget, and religion to garner support for their assaults and have been unrelenting in pushing austerity measures on the 99%, and they found willing advocates among racists, teabaggers, and religious fanatics. The tragedy the GOP’s supporters will never comprehend until it is too late is that they will suffer as much as the poor people, minorities, and women they hate.

In both versions of Paul Ryan’s Path to Prosperity budget, the level of cuts to social safety nets is only matched in severity by the plan to privatize Medicare that not only decimates the elderly, but restricts uninsured Americans from receiving health care.

Great article!!! Hope you all will check it out.
5483Lighten-Up-Francis.jpeg

I guess this guy is a 'progressive' too, huh Monica?

Alan Simpson Slams Fellow Republicans For Unwillingness To Compromise

s-ALAN-SIMPSON-large.jpg

Former Sen. Alan Simpson (R-Wyo.) lashed out at members of his party on Sunday, slamming them for their unwillingness to compromise on proposed tax increases.

In his characteristically colorful style, Simpson told CNN's Fareed Zakaria that Republicans' rigid opposition to new tax revenues has hampered productivity and diminished the chances of reaching an agreement with Democrats on debt reduction.

"You can’t cut spending your way out of this hole," Simpson, who was appointed as co-chair of President Obama's Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform in 2010, said. "You can’t grow your way out of this hole, and you can’t tax your way out of this hole. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, we tell these people. This is madness."

Simpson continued: "If you want to be a purist, go somewhere on a mountaintop and praise the east or something. But if you want to be in politics, you learn to compromise. And you learn to compromise on the issue without compromising yourself. Show me a guy who won’t compromise and I’ll show you a guy with rock for brains."

The former senator, along with debt commission co-chair Erskine Bowles, developed a plan in 2010 for bringing down the top tax rate and lowering the deficit by repealing a number of tax cuts and credits. The initial plan, commonly known as Simpson-Bowles, was mostly ignored by lawmakers. A bipartisan budget modeled after their report was rejected by the House earlier this year.

During the interview Sunday, he expressed frustration with his party's focus on social issues, as well as the ability of outspoken figures like Americans for Tax Reform head Grover Norquist to drive the conversation.

"I guess I'm known as a RINO now, which means a Republican in name only, because, I guess, of social views, perhaps, or common sense would be another one, which seems to escape members of our party," Simpson said. "For heaven’s sake, you have Grover Norquist wandering the earth in his white robes saying that if you raise taxes one penny, he’ll defeat you. He can’t murder you. He can’t burn your house. The only thing he can do to you, as an elected official, is defeat you for reelection. And if that means more to you than your country when we need patriots to come out in a situation when we’re in extremity, you shouldn’t even be in Congress."
If then-Senator Simpson had said such a thing as that in the Equality State, that would have been his last term as Senator. :lmao:

Things change, but I don't think Wyoming has. :lol::lol::lol:

A Rino calls for Tax hikes. Big surprise!

I have nothing but love and respect for Senator Al. He was a good man then, and he's a good man now. However, the goalpost has been moved, and the push left has forced the right to move the goalpost further to try to get some kind of equilibrium back to the Treasury, and printing more money to spend doesn't do it. If he were 35 again, and running for Senator, he'd do the same thing the other Republican senators are trying to do--end big government takeover of every aspect of life. It just doesn't work with free people to inure them to unionized bureaucrats whose plans are endless pickpocketing for self-serving reasons.

NOTICE THIS GENIUS won't address what I'm saying. He's just making personal attacks, and accusing me of 'crimes against humanity" blah blah blah (aka, I'm "polarizing him," oh the humanity! :eek:)

But what you will NOT address how your "living wage" actually HURTS the very people you claim will help.

And that isn't coming from some idiot in the 1700s that's coming from conservative economists TODAY, including Thomas Sowell.

But you will just go back to ranting your stupidity and refuse to address the reality.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I did address your dogma and doctrinaire. Even 'evil' unions don't insist or expect unskilled and looking for a start in the work force to get paid just as much as someone who's skilled.

But your dogma and doctrinaire NEEDS that to be my position.

'crimes against humanity'? Your comments tell me you don't believe in 'humanity', they are not 'human', they are merely commodities, UNLESS you are among the opulent, THEN they are worthy of worship.

Conservative Book Club’s Conservative Leadership edition

The Wealth of Nations
Smith, Adam

No book has done more to instruct, enlighten, and inform conservatives about economics that Adam Smith’s undisputed classic, The Wealth of Nations. Published in 1776, it was the intellectual counterpart of the volleys fired at Lexington and Concord – a stirring cry for economic freedom that resonates to this day. It is the very basis for the thoughts of contemporary conservative economists like Milton Friedman and Thomas Sowell.

Here is the third volume of the Conservative Book Club’s Conservative Leadership Series - the rarely seen, complete and unabridged The Wealth of Nations in one volume, with the classic, long-missing Ludwig von Mises introduction “Why Read Adam Smith Today?” The real question of course, is how can we afford not to.

The Best Quotes From Thomas Sowell's 'The Vision Of The Anointed'

"Although Adam Smith regarded the intentions of businessmen as selfish and anti-social, he saw the systematic consequences of their competition as being far more beneficial to society than well-intentioned government regulation." -- P. 126

In other words all you are going to do is keep reciting the same nonsense we have already debunked.

Got ya. You aren't interested in reality.

You have debunked nothing. The reality is Adam Smith is a right wing icon. Ever hear of the 'invisible hand'?

You are just too obtuse to know who Adam Smith was and is to your modern day icons.

Human-Events-logo.jpg

The book that started it all

A must for every conservative’s permanent library

The Wealth of Nations
by Adam Smith

No book has done more to instruct, enlighten, and inform conservatives about economics that Adam Smith’s undisputed classic, The Wealth of Nations. Published in 1776, it was the intellectual counterpart of the volleys fired at Lexington and Concord – a stirring cry for economic freedom that resonates to this day. It is the very basis for the thoughts of contemporary conservative economists like Milton Friedman and Thomas Sowell.

Human Events Book Service: The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith

I did address your dogma and doctrinaire. Even 'evil' unions don't insist or expect unskilled and looking for a start in the work force to get paid just as much as someone who's skilled.

'crimes against humanity'? Your comments tell me you don't believe in 'humanity', they are not 'human', they are merely commodities, UNLESS you are among the opulent, THEN they are worthy of worship.

The Wealth of Nations
Smith, Adam

Here is the third volume of the Conservative Book Club’s Conservative Leadership Series - the rarely seen, complete and unabridged The Wealth of Nations in one volume, with the classic, long-missing Ludwig von Mises introduction “Why Read Adam Smith Today?” The real question of course, is how can we afford not to.

"Although Adam Smith regarded the intentions of businessmen as selfish and anti-social, he saw the systematic consequences of their competition as being far more beneficial to society than well-intentioned government regulation." -- P. 126

In other words all you are going to do is keep reciting the same nonsense we have already debunked.

You have debunked nothing. The reality is Adam Smith is a right wing icon. Ever hear of the 'invisible hand'?

You are just too obtuse to know who Adam Smith was and is to your modern day icons.

Human-Events-logo.jpg

The Wealth of Nations
by Adam Smith

Look he may be a right wing icon, but what YOU are taking from him isn't.

You are using him to feed your fantasy that employers can pay unskilled labor the same as skilled labor, and that just isn't reality.

Human-Events-logo.jpg

The Wealth of Nations
by Adam Smith

You are using him to feed your fantasy that employers can pay unskilled labor the same as skilled labor, and that just isn't reality.

AGAIN you LIE about what I said. It's the only way you can operate. Even 'evil' unions have different pay scales based on skill level.

The GOP’s war on Americans has been going on for some time, but it started in earnest in January 2011 when Republicans assumed control of the House of Representatives and several state legislatures. First it must be emphasized that in recent memory there are no instances of Republicans passing any legislation that helps the American people, but they have worked tirelessly to help the wealthiest one percent. It is expected that during a normal campaign season, candidates and political parties would promote their agendas by stressing what they will do for the people, but Republicans have abandoned any pretext of helping Americans and are blatantly campaigning on enriching the wealthy and corporations.

Shortly after taking their oath of office, Republicans immediately singled out women for their initial assault, and then set out to increase hunger and poverty with vicious spending cuts affecting the poor, children, and elderly Americans. They used the deficit, budget, and religion to garner support for their assaults and have been unrelenting in pushing austerity measures on the 99%, and they found willing advocates among racists, teabaggers, and religious fanatics. The tragedy the GOP’s supporters will never comprehend until it is too late is that they will suffer as much as the poor people, minorities, and women they hate.

In both versions of Paul Ryan’s Path to Prosperity budget, the level of cuts to social safety nets is only matched in severity by the plan to privatize Medicare that not only decimates the elderly, but restricts uninsured Americans from receiving health care.

Hey retard! Obama's been POTUS for 3.5 years and the rich are still rich. Have some more Kool Aid dumbass.

Hey retard! Obama's been POTUS for 3.5 years and the rich are still rich. Have some more Kool Aid dumbass.

And a good LOT of 'em are giving to O's campaign. Gotta have them cronies...

'Change the face of Washington' he told us...:eusa_whistle:

AGAIN, YOUR dogma and doctrinaire demands that the other side take a polarized position, when the ONLY polarized position is YOURS.

Even 'evil' unions don't insist 'unskilled' and 'looking for a start' get paid just as much as someone who's skilled.

Here is your word for the day: apprenticeship

NOW, are you going to answer my question???

IF company A could raise the prices on their company A widgets, they would do it TODAY. What stops them from raising their prices TODAY Einstein???

NOTICE THIS GENIUS won't address what I'm saying. He's just making personal attacks, and accusing me of 'crimes against humanity" blah blah blah (aka, I'm "polarizing him," oh the humanity! :eek:)

But what you will NOT address how your "living wage" actually HURTS the very people you claim will help.

And that isn't coming from some idiot in the 1700s that's coming from conservative economists TODAY, including Thomas Sowell.

But you will just go back to ranting your stupidity and refuse to address the reality.

The Wealth of Nations
Smith, Adam

Labor is indeed a commodity. If there are more workers available to perform a given task than the number of available positions, business will offer lower wages. Hence the reason why positions which require few or no skills pay the least.
This is not a difficult concept.
You people take this to a personal level. That's a mystery.

Human-Events-logo.jpg

The Wealth of Nations
by Adam Smith

AGAIN you LIE about what I said. It's the only way you can operate. Even 'evil' unions have different pay scales based on skill level.
Bullshit....I am subscriber to
"careerbuilder.com. I once received a solicitation to interview for a meter reader for a utility company in upstate NY. The position was a "junior meter reader"...Starting pay $24.02 per hour. Oh..This is of course a union shop.
'NUff said.

I think I hit a nerve with all of you right wing nuts!!! I'm so glad!!

View attachment 19179

You think that hyporbolic screed did anything but make us laugh while at the same time pity you for being such a drama queen? :lol: I can tell you're a gift that's going to keep on giving when Obama gets the boot! That's if you stick around... I'll be sure to rub it al in your face too! You should be hoping Obama loses by the way, he gets another term and this country will be in shambles... socialism will be proven the failure it is once and for all and the dismantling of the welfare state will begin. You should hope Romney gets in there so all your hopes and dreams are shattered for your stupidity.

FJO,

I dont give a rats ass about the typos and my shitty spelling.

Im much more concerned with the facts.

The real question is why do you care so little for facts?

If you cared about facts, you'd care about how you communicate. Cating about facts requires caring about accuracy. It's the same thing. You're sloppy with your writing and you're sloppy with your "facts". When are you going to start caring about accuracy?

Stick to concentrating on your own accuracy before you criticize someone else. Apparently you're not all that concerned about it when it comes to yourself.

If your op is an example of you thinking before you speak, I would hate to hear the nonense that comes out of your mouth when you speak rashly. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And the sad this is you probably think you are helping your side, instead of revealing how intolerant and hysterical you lefties become at even the slightest hint that we aren't going to all going to follow Obama in lock step, without question.

You HAVE heard of freedom, or is that some sort of new concept for you?

Now freedom to think or even VOTE against Obama is "treason?????"

Really??????? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You run with that! Please, I want you to. Show everyone in this country what hysterical little fascists you libs really are.

George Orwell would love you. You vindicate everything he tried to convey in "1984."

Why don't you go all the way and declare Republicans guilty of "thought crime."

Too funny!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Damn!!! You are tiresome. STFU!!!!

Of course, I'm "tiresome." I'm telling you the reality you don't want to hear.

And as usual with libs, when you tell the reality libs don't want to hear and CAN'T REFUTE, they are left to just sputtering and cussing.

Thank you for proving everything I said to be right.

You libs never let me down! :D

Oh, please don't flatter yourself. I don't want to hear what you have to say because I'm not into jibberish. I like rhyme and reason and you are short on both.

Damn!!! You are tiresome. STFU!!!!

Of course, I'm "tiresome." I'm telling you the reality you don't want to hear.

And as usual with libs, when you tell the reality libs don't want to hear and CAN'T REFUTE, they are left to just sputtering and cussing.

Thank you for proving everything I said to be right.

You libs never let me down! :D

Oh, please don't flatter yourself. I don't want to hear what you have to say because I'm not into jibberish. I like rhyme and reason and you are short on both.

NO, you don't want to hear what I say, because it tells you the REALITY you don't want to hear.

The REALITY is, the country is turning against Obama and the evidence will be seen in Wisconsin this Tuesday.

Democrats have pulled all money out of the state, becasue they know they have already lost this.

Democrats said it was a referendum. What will they say, when they (Lord willng) lose?

FJO,

I dont give a rats ass about the typos and my shitty spelling.

Im much more concerned with the facts.

The real question is why do you care so little for facts?

If you cared about facts, you'd care about how you communicate. Cating about facts requires caring about accuracy. It's the same thing. You're sloppy with your writing and you're sloppy with your "facts". When are you going to start caring about accuracy?

Stick to concentrating on your own accuracy before you criticize someone else. Apparently you're not all that concerned about it when it comes to yourself.

This from the person who is having a fit, because no one takes her op seriously.

Hypocrisy, thy name is liberal!

Human-Events-logo.jpg

The Wealth of Nations
by Adam Smith

Then there goes the "living wage" argument!

Forum List

Back