Republican Senator wants a 7 day work week

I see the left and the OP is lying, once again, about what a Republican is doing.

But then what else is new?

I already work 7 days a week between my two jobs.. If it were for the mandatory Overtime laws, I would be able to work 7 days a week at one job and actually get more sleep and make more money than what I am making now.

This is what this thread has become.

Wow. Hard to believe the Jerry Springer show started off as a politically serious endeavor.
In the end a company that is needing someone to come in 7 in a row is a shoddy company at best.

I don't know. I've worked seven days in a row many times, and I don't think my company, as a whole, is a dick. It certainly has some dicks in it.

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is about working seven days in a row. Unless you are working over ten hours a day or doing extremely physically work, that's not even that hard to do.

That capitalist pig wants to push the labor movement back 75 years. See what you get from the koch group political machine.
I'll
bet the Computer you are using was built by 'Capitalist Pigs'...stop using it.

thats some really dumb shit you just said. Tech people tend to be more liberal btw.

Where in the hell do you get that idea?

Care to back that up?

Every tech I know is very conservative.. And being as I spent most of my working life as a tech, I know quite a few.

you left this off....

That's b/c hp was quoting the current law. Here's the unedited part you just tried to pass off as some kind of gotcha;

Wisconsin is one of the few states in the nation where businesses "must provide employees with at least one period consisting of 24 consecutive hours of rest in each calendar week." This doesn't mean that workers get to take off once every seven days; an employee could work for up to 12 consecutive days "if the days of rest fall on the first and last days of the 2 week period."

Better luck next time

BUT

Thanks for reading the link

right and if he were to rollback things then there would either be zero days off OR it would remain the same with the option to work those 7 days....

Kinda dumb there needs to be a law about this in the first place.

There doesn't need to be a law.

This is liberal make believe. It's another of MANY, useless laws they pass to make themselves look like they are doing something to help.

Be honest

How long would any company stay open once it got out that you never got a day off?

Glenn Grothman, Wisconsin GOP Senator, Fights For A Seven-Day Workweek
Of course! Can't have those damn workers taking breaks to put that cash in their bosses pockets can we! Hey while we are at it we should just give the bosses a whip as well! Set up some slave shacks on site.

What the heck YOU NEVER WORKED 7 OR MORE DAYS IN A ROW--NO ONE IS SAYING YOU HAVE TO. he is saying if you choose to.. When the fuck are you union libs going to allow for people to make up there own mind and achieve what they wish in life.

Yanno..................the military is required to work (meaning that you can be called up) all 24 hours of the day, and you only get 30 off per year.

There are 52 weeks in the year, and the military only gets to take 30 days of leave per year.

Do the math, and you'd realize that it's only around 1 day every two weeks.

I challenge any civilian to work as much as I did for over 20 years. I'm guessing you wouldn't because not only do you have to work a whole bunch of hours, but you'd also realize that you don't have as many rights as people who never joined the military have.

The GOP says they support the troops, but how many would be willing to work under the conditions they do?

Additionally.........................the politicians (who are of the right wing variety) say that they support the troops, but they work less than any military person ever did.

Why should the politicians work only a third of a year when the military works at least 11 (depending on the leave count)?

I mean........................politicians in Washington are federal workers (like the military), and they volunteered for their position (by being elected, only the military decided to sign up), but yet people like Boehner, McConnell, and all the rest are allowed to only work one day out of three.

I think we should demand more work out of those that say they serve the public.

The military serves this nation 7 days a week, why can't our politicians?

well, I challenge you to go through 4-5 year residency.
especially in general surgery.'

it will account for more than your 20 years in the military.

which does not mean that is a right thing - both in the military AND some of the civilian areas.

The OP is nothing more than a typical Attack by someone who wants to call all of the GOP fascist pigs and BS like that.

Quite frankly, I didn't know that a state had this law until reading this thread, so in a way it's a learning curve thread.

Given that..................I think it's a stupid law...............So I disagree with the OP...............

The military angle is stupid as well.............Posters thumping their chests saying look what they did.............So Fing what, so did I and it's an apples to oranges argument.............

I've worked in the construction field for 2 decades now..........7 - 12's a lot during that time.......It's just part of that job in many circumstances...............Especially when the deadlines are coming near or you are in a SHUT DOWN JOB.............Where the owners of the plant want it back on line..............

Does it make you tired.............Yes................
Does it make you a hell of a lot of money in a shorter period of time...........HELL YES..............

Can you get in trouble for missing time............Yes
Does it really matter................No...........

During this time on many of these jobs your bosses take into account that people just get plain tired, and will usually take days off anyway...........To those companies that will say something when this happens in a negative way then you just move down the road and tell them to play the JOHNNY PAYCHECK SONG................

Bottom line being, that if people want the right to work 7 days a week, then they should be able to do so............

And that doesn't mean that businesses will not work 7 days a week anyway, you can shuffle people around and give days off to some each week, while others take their days off on other days.

Currently where I work, when we go on a SHUT DOWN JOB, the company requires a day off on your 14th day.............Yet requires all companies to work 7 days a week..........So we simply have some taking off different days............

I like that day off when it occurs, and don't mind..........Back in the day, younger I'd have said it's STUPID...........

Anyway, the OP is STUPID and so is the law...........There is nothing to fix Stupid.......so if the people vote to keep Stupid Laws then they made their choice.

Industrial Tradesman

A post a while back said he'd love to work 7 days a week............

Buy that mag, and get to work.........

Plenty of 7 day work weeks to choose from.............

The one thing the bill does not clarify is when working 7 days in a row will you get overtime after 40 hours.

The one thing the bill does not clarify is when working 7 days in a row will you get overtime after 40 hours.

I've never worked over 40 hours a week without getting overtime pay, so I'd imagine it's a none issue................

And anyone or company that would have me work over 40 without it, had better learn how to use his tools because he'd be doing the job himself.

Yanno..................the military is required to work (meaning that you can be called up) all 24 hours of the day, and you only get 30 off per year.

There are 52 weeks in the year, and the military only gets to take 30 days of leave per year.

I challenge any civilian to work as much as I did for over 20 years. I'm guessing you wouldn't because not only do you have to work a whole bunch of hours, but you'd also realize that you don't have as many rights as people who never joined the military have.

The GOP says they support the troops, but how many would be willing to work under the conditions they do?

Additionally.........................the politicians (who are of the right wing variety) say that they support the troops, but they work less than any military person ever did.

Why should the politicians work only a third of a year when the military works at least 11 (depending on the leave count)?

I mean........................politicians in Washington are federal workers (like the military), and they volunteered for their position (by being elected, only the military decided to sign up), but yet people like Boehner, McConnell, and all the rest are allowed to only work one day out of three.

:smiliehug:

The DNC says they support the troops, but how many would be willing to work under the conditions they do?

Additionally.........................the politicians (who are of the left wing variety) say that they support the troops, but they work less than any military person ever did.

I mean........................politicians in Washington are federal workers (like the military), and they volunteered for their position (by being elected, only the military decided to sign up), but yet people like Obama, Pelosi, and all the rest are allowed to only work one day out of three.

lets be real, shall we

underway fucking sucked, 18 on 6 off, was getting it easy. We worked so long w/o sleep once that it took us nearly killing a Midshipman to get 6hrs rack time. (Long story)

But

In port, or on shore duty? :lol: you could still put in some long days, long as in come in Mon and go home Th. But if there was no work? Muster then take the trash out.

That's b/c hp was quoting the current law. Here's the unedited part you just tried to pass off as some kind of gotcha;

Wisconsin is one of the few states in the nation where businesses "must provide employees with at least one period consisting of 24 consecutive hours of rest in each calendar week." This doesn't mean that workers get to take off once every seven days; an employee could work for up to 12 consecutive days "if the days of rest fall on the first and last days of the 2 week period."

Better luck next time

BUT

Thanks for reading the link

right and if he were to rollback things then there would either be zero days off OR it would remain the same with the option to work those 7 days....

Kinda dumb there needs to be a law about this in the first place.

There doesn't need to be a law.

This is liberal make believe. It's another of MANY, useless laws they pass to make themselves look like they are doing something to help.

Be honest

How long would any company stay open once it got out that you never got a day off?

My work in one of the bays they work 7 days a week..they remain open as of right now.

I'm on the fence in regards to this issue. While I see nothing wrong with allowing workers the choice of working 7 days a week, I agree with Kondor that something is fishy.

Also it's naive to believe that companies won't require you to work for 7 days straight. I have worked for companies that have done it in the past. If you didn't like it they would fire you and replace you in a matter of hours. Many people out there are looking for work, and will do as they are told to keep their job.

Forum List

Back