Republican Plan For Fiscal Sanity

Way to avoid living in reality you moron. I heard a perfect description of you...born on 3rd base and believes he hit a triple...

U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 8

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States

Welfare
welfare n. 1. health, happiness, or prosperity; well-being.
The "general welfare" clause is in the part that's known in English composition as the "introduction"...That means that it gives the general outline and aim of the specific details to follow.

Guess you didn't as well at English as you did at cypherin' in the sixth grade, huh? :lol:

ROFLMNAO...

Oh I haven't seen this one brought out in ages... Frankly I thought they had grown tired of being humiliated on the issue.

But few things expose the true depth of idiocy better and at a higher resolution than claiming that the use of the 'welfare' in the US Constitution, authorizes "Welfare".

What it demonstrates is the catastrophic failure of the Western Education System... as well as the sound principle behind the reasoning that the Founders did not give non-vested citizens the right to vote.

That idiot has absolutely no business being allowed anywhere NEAR a voting booth...
-__

They were actually trying to make that welfare arguement????!!!!!

Good Lord....:
lol::lol::lol:

They haven't ever tried to stop making that argument, no matter how many times you reference the writings of James Madison (y'know, the guy who friggin' authored the Constitution) which refute that very "interpretation" by the Fabian subversives, like Jethro.

Way to avoid living in reality you moron. I heard a perfect description of you...born on 3rd base and believes he hit a triple...

U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 8

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States

Welfare
welfare n. 1. health, happiness, or prosperity; well-being.
The "general welfare" clause is in the part that's known in English composition as the "introduction"...That means that it gives the general outline and aim of the specific details to follow.

Guess you didn't as well at English as you did at cypherin' in the sixth grade, huh? :lol:

You're confused. The United States Constitution contains two references to "the General Welfare", one occurring in the Preamble and the other in the Taxing and Spending Clause.

Preamble
–noun
1. an introductory statement; preface; introduction.

2. the introductory part of a statute, deed, or the like, stating the reasons and intent of what follows.

3. a preliminary or introductory fact or circumstance: His childhood in the slums was a preamble to a life of crime.

4. (initial capital letter) the introductory statement of the U.S. Constitution, setting forth the general principles of American government and beginning with the words, “We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union. …”

Better stick to your childish Washington DC is the biggest corporation...:lol::lol::lol:

Guess you didn't graduate into the REAL world. You live in some ideological Utopian fantasy land. Are you under the narcissistic notion that THIS is the first discussion of the General Welfare clause?

You far right wing 'libertarians' have the brain of a child. Adults have already done the cypherin'

Thankfully...
I'm not confused...You're a subversive shit-for-brains who believes himself to be clever.

ROFLMNAO...

Oh I haven't seen this one brought out in ages... Frankly I thought they had grown tired of being humiliated on the issue.

But few things expose the true depth of idiocy better and at a higher resolution than claiming that the use of the 'welfare' in the US Constitution, authorizes "Welfare".

What it demonstrates is the catastrophic failure of the Western Education System... as well as the sound principle behind the reasoning that the Founders did not give non-vested citizens the right to vote.

That idiot has absolutely no business being allowed anywhere NEAR a voting booth...
-__

Good Lord....:

Hey pea brain...maybe you could avoid your rash of self inflicted pea brainisms by having your mommy READ things to you before you open your pie hole. I was NOT referring to the General Welfare clause as 'Welfare': Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) federal assistance program.

IF you follow the LINK I posted, the differentiation is in there...U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 8 - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Welfare The Constitutional Dictionary - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
welfare n. 1. health, happiness, or prosperity; well-being. [<ME wel faren, to fare well] Source: AHD

Welfare in today's context also means organized efforts on the part of public or private organizations to benefit the poor, or simply public assistance. This is not the meaning of the word as used in the Constitution.

If Congress can employ money indefinitely to the general welfare,
and are the sole and supreme judges of the general welfare,
they may take the care of religion into their own hands;
they may appoint teachers in every State, county and parish
and pay them out of their public treasury;
they may take into their own hands the education of children,
establishing in like manner schools throughout the Union;
they may assume the provision of the poor;
they may undertake the regulation of all roads other than post-roads;
in short, every thing, from the highest object of state legislation
down to the most minute object of police,
would be thrown under the power of Congress.... Were the power
of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for,
it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature
of the limited Government established by the people of America.

~James Madison - Primary author, Constitution for the united States of America

:lol::lol::lol:

It would appear your little welfare snafu has you a bit red in the face!!

:lol::lol::lol:

ROFLMNAO...

-__

Good Lord....:

Hey pea brain...maybe you could avoid your rash of self inflicted pea brainisms by having your mommy READ things to you before you open your pie hole. I was NOT referring to the General Welfare clause as 'Welfare': Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) federal assistance program.

IF you follow the LINK I posted, the differentiation is in there...U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 8 - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Welfare The Constitutional Dictionary - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
welfare n. 1. health, happiness, or prosperity; well-being. [<ME wel faren, to fare well] Source: AHD

Welfare in today's context also means organized efforts on the part of public or private organizations to benefit the poor, or simply public assistance. This is not the meaning of the word as used in the Constitution.

Well it's a start...

But the fact is that the people who laughably came to power under the hysterical rubric of "Fiscal Responsibility", BRAYING about the OUTRAGEOUS Bush Deficit of 300 Billion... only to have spent TEN TIMES THAT AMOUNT IN DEFICIT IN LESS THAN TWO YEARS.

ROFLMNAO...

Ya can't make this crap up...

Hey, dumbass.

The deficit for the fiscal year 2009 - which began in October 2008, i.e. Bush's last budget - was $1.3 trillion. Of that, the stimulus package was $100 billion. In other words, Bush's last budget had a deficit of $1.2 trillion irrespective of what Obama did.

Conservatards can't do math.

If Congress can employ money indefinitely to the general welfare,
and are the sole and supreme judges of the general welfare,
they may take the care of religion into their own hands;
they may appoint teachers in every State, county and parish
and pay them out of their public treasury;
they may take into their own hands the education of children,
establishing in like manner schools throughout the Union;
they may assume the provision of the poor;
they may undertake the regulation of all roads other than post-roads;
in short, every thing, from the highest object of state legislation
down to the most minute object of police,
would be thrown under the power of Congress.... Were the power
of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for,
it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature
of the limited Government established by the people of America.

~James Madison - Primary author, Constitution for the united States of America

ROFLMFAO!!! You just trumped your Washington DC/corporation shark jump and pulled the 'ultimate' JETHRO!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey Mr 'English composition' ...ever hear of hyperbole? How about exaggeration? It is often used when making an argument on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives. Especially when the Congressman you oppose wants to legislate a precedent by paying a 'bounty' to Cod fisheries...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cod Fishery Debates
U.S. House of Representatives
History of Congress, February 1792

I've also heard of deflection and changing of the subject.

Such as it is, it's not as though some anonymous Fabian subversive dickweed on a message forum --such as yourself-- knows more about the intent of the language of the document, than the man primarily responsible for writing it.

Just for the record, I'll go with Madison on this one.

obama%20record%20deficit.gif

Go read the link in that heritage post. It says that "Bush and Obama share responsibility for the 2009 budget." Except that total disbursements under the stimulus to the end of fiscal year 2009 was $100 billion. In other words, most of the 2009 budget falls under the prior administration.

Shhhhhhh....no one is allowed to blame Booooooooooooooooooooosh for anything anymore. Didn't you get the GOP memo at the strip joint?

You're confused. The United States Constitution contains two references to "the General Welfare", one occurring in the Preamble and the other in the Taxing and Spending Clause.

Preamble
–noun
1. an introductory statement; preface; introduction.

2. the introductory part of a statute, deed, or the like, stating the reasons and intent of what follows.

3. a preliminary or introductory fact or circumstance: His childhood in the slums was a preamble to a life of crime.

4. (initial capital letter) the introductory statement of the U.S. Constitution, setting forth the general principles of American government and beginning with the words, “We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union. …”

Better stick to your childish Washington DC is the biggest corporation...:lol::lol::lol:

Guess you didn't graduate into the REAL world. You live in some ideological Utopian fantasy land. Are you under the narcissistic notion that THIS is the first discussion of the General Welfare clause?

You far right wing 'libertarians' have the brain of a child. Adults have already done the cypherin'

Thankfully...
I'm not confused...You're a subversive shit-for-brains who believes himself to be clever.

Nah, That dumb shit is far from clever bro. He's like Tatoo living on fantasy Island who thinks he's kool because he has a little red car like Mr. Rork. :eusa_shhh: ~BH

1.3 trillion in 10 years is 130 billion a year. That works out to just over a 3% reduction in spending. There are two things wrong with this plan. First, only a small part of the plan will be implemented. Second, the Republicans will add their budget priorities and cut taxes. There goes your savings. This is exactly what happened during the Bush years.

Go read the link in that heritage post. It says that "Bush and Obama share responsibility for the 2009 budget." Except that total disbursements under the stimulus to the end of fiscal year 2009 was $100 billion. In other words, most of the 2009 budget falls under the prior administration.
Most of that budget's liabilities can be traced back to FDR and LBJ, if you really want to get down to cases.

I've also heard of deflection and changing of the subject.

Such as it is, it's not as though some anonymous Fabian subversive dickweed on a message forum --such as yourself-- knows more about the intent of the language of the document, than the man primarily responsible for writing it.

Just for the record, I'll go with Madison on this one.

Just for the record, there is no change of subject.

Just for the record, 'document(s)' are written. This was an argument made on the floor of the House of Representatives.

Just for the record, you are not 'go(ing) with Madison on this one' Jethro. You are going with YOUR out of context self serving meaning of Madison's words. The only way you CAN say you are 'go(ing) with Madison on this one' is if you also oppose the bounty for Cod fisheries.

Madison was not stating 'Doctrine'. He was making an argument using hyperbole and exaggeration. He also argued that this 'bounty' would encroach on the Judicial branch's powers, violate Congress' power to regulate trade, which is granted in the Constitution and that it placed duties on exports, which are expressly prohibited.

These are 'adult' subjects Jethro, they are not simple. Your simple child mind is incapable of understanding.

Here's your word for the day: CONTEXT

Ask Uncle Jed to help you with the cypherin'

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Wrong again, as usual.

Unlike you, I've actually read Federalist #41 and #45.

Your "interpretation" of the clause is 180° against the spirit and intent whereby Madison wrote the clause.

You lie the worst when you lie to yourself.

Now get back to your possum stew before it gets cold.

Forum List

Back