Republican Plan For Fiscal Sanity

Repeal the Bush/Republican drug give a way (the most irresponsible bill in US history) and that would save 1.3 trillion on just one program.

Sounds good to me. It shouldn't have been passed to begin with.

They say it, but they won't do it.

I haven't forgotten 1995.

Yeah, WTF is this $1.3 Trillion savings/reduction over 10 YEARS, crap

Republicans need to stop acting like I'm some sort of idiot. Any fucking thing can happen in 10 YEARS! Tell me what your 2 year plan is, NOW, if they want to regain any credability.

I agree. They need to come up with a better short term plan.

That was my point... blaming Republicans for a bridge collapse is like blaming Democrats for 9/11. Utter douchery. With all that being said, I think that while it is nice to see something from the Repubs... I think it would be even more refreshing for some harsh honesty.. something along the lines of...

Medicare Prescription drug coverage - GONE
US Departmen of Energy, Education, etc. - GONE
Unemployment Benefits - 6 months.. THAT'S IT
Foodstamps - 6 months.. THAT'S IT
Welfare - 6 months.. THAT'S IT
Death Tax - GONE
Obamacare - GONE
Financial Reform - DEAD.. do-over.
TARP - DEAD
GM - Fuck You... Figure it out yourself, you made this mess..
AIG - FUCK YOU, we want our money back.
Union Pension Bailouts - FUCK YOU... Figure it out yourself, you made this mess..
CA Bailout - FUCK YOU... Figure it out yourself, you made this mess..
Eliminate Fed jobs through attrition.
"Too Big To Fail" - I DON'T THINK SO.

If you want to go and live in a 3rd world country, be our guest. I hear Russia is awful unless you're an oligarch. I think if anything gets cut, it's bring our soldiers home, cut the lining of pockets of the MIC set up by bushco and start actually DEFENDING this country. Leave spending that helps our citizens alone. Oh, and ALL income should be taxed, including the millions that investors are making. If my wages are taxed at 30%, their investments should be too. It isn't like they're re-investing and making JOBS or lending. Nice job on those useless tax cuts by the way, they were AWESOME for the economy. Moron.

Hey... here's a news flash... we're about 10 years away from living in a third world country.. endless/limitless benefits are creating a society of people who are on the government dole endlessly. Utopian give away schemes have bankrupted us. Here's another newsflash my not-so-smart friend... WE'RE BROKE. Anyhoo... all this "free stuff" hasn't done a damn thing but create mind-numbed "gimme" robots and... well, people like you.

Let me guess the plan.

It's jump start the economy by cutting taxes on the wealthiest Americans an wait for the good times to flow down upon us peons.

1085.jpg

Id rather have someone willing to try, who fails, then someone who doesnt even bother trying at all.
But that's just the point....The '94 Republican *chuckle* "revolutionaries" played that exact game...They made a bunch of timid "attempts" at getting their agenda through (largely because they never really expected to have the power given to them in '94 IM not-at-all HO), then went back to playing go-along-to-get-along while cynically claiming "we triiiiied".

See: Abolition of the National Endowment for the Arts.

Kill the department of education and the EPA for starters.

Why? Because you like having no recourse for companies that poison the air and water... and you want all schools corporation run, correct? Because corporations know what is best for profits - erm - I mean your children and the environment...

Because the Federal Government was not given authority over any of these things.

You see we have a state/federal division for a reason. It's to make sure the people have the greatests control locally.

You're probably one of those asshats with $20,000 in CC debt and a subprime mortgage huh?

Here are further specific details of the Republican Fiscal Sanity Plan...

___

In contrast, the Republicans list a number of spending proposals to close the budget gap, most of which has already been introduced to the House and ignored by Nancy Pelosi. It counters the entire narrative of the Party of No, showing that Republicans have attempted to offer ideas to reduce spending and the national debt, or at least to slow down the growth in both. Had Democrats decided to actually produce a budget, they would have had to consider the following:

*Cancel Unused TARP Funds. Prohibit the Treasury Secretary from entering into new commitments under the Troubled Asset Relief Program [TARP]. Ending TARP would prevent up to $396 billion in additional disbursements; CBO estimates savings of $16 billion. H.R. 3140 introduced by Rep. Tom Price of Georgia.

*Cancel Unspent ‘Stimulus’ Funds. Rescind all unobligated budget authority authorized under the “stimulus” bill and dedicate to deficit reduction. Saves up to $266 billion. H.R. 3140 introduced by Rep. Tom Price of Georgia.

*Cut and Cap Discretionary Spending. Return non-defense discretionary spending to pre-Obama (fiscal year 2008) baseline levels. Saves up to $925 billion. Legislation introduced by Reps. Ryan and Hensarling (H.R. 3964) and Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio (H.R 3298) include caps on discretionary spending.

*Reduce Government Employment. Hire one person for every two who leaves civilian government service until the workforce is reduced to pre-Obama levels (exempting the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security, and Veterans Affairs). Saves an estimated $35 billion. H.R. 5348 introduced by Rep. Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming.
Freeze Government Pay. Freeze Federal civilian pay for 1 year. Saves an estimated $30 billion.

*Adopt the Legislative Line-Item Veto. Enact a constitutional line-item veto law. The President’s FY 2011 budget included terminations, reductions, and savings that would achieve $23 billion in one year. While Congress may not accept all these savings, the Line Item Veto can help reduce spending. H.R. 1294 introduced by Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin.

*Reform and Bring Transparency to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Reform these companies by ending conservatorship, shrinking their portfolios, establishing minimum capital standards, reducing conforming loan limits, and bringing transparency to taxpayer exposure. According to CBO, the cost to taxpayers of putting government in control of Fannie and Freddie is $373 billion through 2020. Saves an estimated $30 billion. H.R. 4889 introduced by Rep. Jeb Hensarling of Texas. H.R. 4653 introduced by Rep. Scott Garrett of New Jersey.

*Create a Sunset Commission. Establish a commission to conduct systematic reviews of Federal programs and agencies, and make recommendations for those that should be terminated; and provide for automatic sunset of programs unless expressly reauthorized by the Congress. H.R. 393 introduced by Rep. Kevin Brady of Texas.

*The biggest gain would come from rolling back non-defense discretionary spending to FY2008 levels, which would save $925 billion over ten years.

Hot Air GOP proposes $1.3 trillion in savings over next 10 years

Sounds like a good plan but I have one objection and that is the line item veto. Not sure that's a wise move.

Why? Because you like having no recourse for companies that poison the air and water... and you want all schools corporation run, correct? Because corporations know what is best for profits - erm - I mean your children and the environment...

Definitely not the EPA, but maybe the Department of Ed. can go.

Id rather have someone willing to try, who fails, then someone who doesnt even bother trying at all.
But that's just the point....The '94 Republican *chuckle* "revolutionaries" played that exact game...They made a bunch of timid "attempts" at getting their agenda through (largely because they never really expected to have the power given to them in '94 IM not-at-all HO), then went back to playing go-along-to-get-along while cynically claiming "we triiiiied".

Oh i know. However, I think we've got a new group of people rising up. I have hopes that they will actually attempt and succeed at their attempts.

Let me guess the plan.

It's jump start the economy by cutting taxes on the wealthiest Americans an wait for the good times to flow down upon us peons.

1085.jpg

Well, we could give tax "cuts" to the 40 percenters paying no income taxes, I'm sure you fall into that category of great contributors.. oh, wait, we did that.... what'd that accomplish again? Reminds me of all the FEMA cards after katrina being spent in titty bars and on bling.

Could you point to the clause of the Constitution that authorizes the Federal Government to regulate environmental matters?

Why? Because you like having no recourse for companies that poison the air and water... and you want all schools corporation run, correct?

According to Al Gore that's hapenning anyway... so why not cut our losses? And the cost of educating a child in public schools is already more than it is in the private schools... and increasing... so... tell me again why we need the USDoEd?

Could you point to the clause of the Constitution that authorizes the Federal Government to regulate environmental matters?

The "we can do whatever the fuck we want because we are the Federal Government" clause... don't you remember reading about that in civics?

Point to where it says it's not allowed to.

Oh i know. However, I think we've got a new group of people rising up. I have hopes that they will actually attempt and succeed at their attempts.
Like I said...If and when we see results, I'll be on board.

Not a moment before.

Actually THAT would be an END, not a start. The end of America and the beginning of DEATH watches. You fucking right wing ignorant scum bag morons answer to every problem is PUNISHMENT...

Look at Greece right now. Because they accepted IMF funds, they have to do the same "shock therapy" that destroyed S. America and Poland - and produced the likes of Pinochet and many other butchers. I can't believe the Greek government would do that to its citizens. Get ready to see people "disappeared".

Right wing solutions would work great, if only human beings would evaporate. These people are the scum of the earth. They have nothing inside of them that resembles a conscience, ethics or humanity. They had to be raised by wolves.

Mere parsimony (frugality, stinginess) is not economy. Expense, and great expense, may be an essential part in true economy.
Edmund Burke

Here's an article you will enjoy...

Austerity Does Not Produce Prosperity

Robert Kuttner
May 23, 2010

Austerity has suddenly become the universally prescribed cure for the fallout from the financial collapse. If widely adopted, it will prove worse than the disease.

The price of the rescues of Greece, Spain and Portugal will be brutal deflation. The International Monetary Fund, which supposedly learned from its earlier mistakes of imposing austerity on already damaged economies, is back in cold-bath mode, demanding higher taxes and dramatically reduced spending as its pound of flesh.
---
The current global economic crisis, now entering a new phase as a crisis of sovereign debt, has only one rough precedent. The last time major nations (such as Germany, its European creditors, and much of Latin America) faced insolvency, the combination of financial collapse and deflation helped create depression, dictatorship, and then World War II.

-------------------------------------------------

We have all made mistakes. But Dante tells us that divine justice weighs the sins of the cold-blooded and the sins of the warm-hearted on different scales. Better the occasional faults of a party living in the spirit of charity than the consistent omissions of a party frozen in the ice of its own indifference.
President John F. Kennedy

Of course... we have seen the bastardation of the Commerce Clause which has come to mean pretty much that anything so desired to falls under the auspices of Interstate Commerce..

Forum List

Back