Republican Muslim refugee Dalia al-Aqidi announces she’s running against Ilhan Omar

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Rep. Ilhan Omar is facing another GOP challenger in November’s election — and she’s also a Muslim refugee.

Dalia al-Aqidi, a former White House correspondent from Iraq, said she felt compelled to run against the Somali-born lawmaker, calling her a divisive figure who has neglected her Minneapolis district.

“She’s spreading hatred, and she is spreading racism throughout not only her district, not only her state, but throughout the whole country, and this is very important,” al-Aqidi, 51, told The Post on Thursday after announcing her GOP run.

“She’s hurting the moderate Muslims; Muslims like myself. She doesn’t represent me as a Muslim,” she continued.

One strength of her candidacy, al-Aqidi said, is that she couldn’t use her background as a Muslim woman refugee to the US as they share the same basic backstory.

Al-Aqidi and her family fled Iraq to escape Saddam Hussein’s regime when she was in her 20s and became US citizens in the early 1990s. Omar fled war-torn Somalia with her family at age 9.

The challenger established a prestigious career as a political reporter, working for Voice of America and then as a White House correspondent for Middle Eastern television networks where she traveled around the world, covering conflicts in her native Iraq and neighboring Lebanon.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

------------
A YUGE visual difference...

Omar-Dalia.png

And didnt marry her brother!!!

Dalia al-Aqidi is a supporter of Israel.

Which is going to alienate most muslim voters. ... :cool:
There are not enough Muslims in the Twin Cities to elect Omar or Dalia. Omar was voted in by wealthy liberals of the western suburbs not on policy, but on a belief that voting for a minority excuses their privilege and guilt of living in their gated communities.
Pandering to inclusiveness.

I'm definitely not a fan of Ilhan Omar because of her ties to the liberal Democrat party.

But if I lived in that district, I'd vote for her over Dalia al-Aqidi because she covers her hair with a scarf and isn't shy about exposing the terrorist state of Israel. ... :cool:

Dalia al-Aqidi is a supporter of Israel.

Which is going to alienate most muslim voters. ... :cool:

so true------muslims love hijabed 'ladies who teach their kids to
call people "MUTHAFUCKA" and-----fart out the Islamic
'prayer' "DEATH TO ISRAEL" ----and "THE BIBLE IS A PERVERSE
LIE"

Forum List

Back