Republican Leadership So Insensitive

Rinata

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
I've thought this for a long time now. But this story really pissed me off.

Conn. politician apologizes after saying Giffords should 'stay out of my towns'

A Connecticut state representative is apologizing for a Facebook post warning Gabby Giffords to stay away, ahead of the former Arizona congresswoman's visit with Sandy Hook Elementary victims' families last week in Newtown.

"Gabby Giffords stay out of my towns," the post on the Facebook page for State Rep. DebraLee Hovey, a Republican who represents Newtown and Monroe, said last week.

In the days after, there were several blogs and opinion pieces criticizing Hovey.

On Monday, she issued an apology for the comments she posted online.

"The remarks I made regarding Congresswoman Giffords' visit were insensitive and if I offended anyone I truly apologize," Rep. Hovey said in a statement.

"My comments were meant to be protective of the privacy of the families and our community as we work to move on, and were in no way intended as an insult to Congresswoman Giffords personally. Our community has struggled greatly through this tragedy, and we are all very sensitive to the potential for this event to be exploited for political purposes. This is what I wish to avoid," she added.

Conn. politician apologizes after saying Giffords should 'stay out of my towns' - U.S. News

What crap!!! Hovey is just afraid that the visit might influence people on the issue of gun control. Oh, but she thinks nobody gets it. What possible other reason could she have for caring about the visit?? If the families of the victims did not want to meet with Giffords and her husband they are perfectly able to say so. They did not need Hovey's help. I think Hovey only apologized because she was criticized. Idiot.

$republican_fear.jpg

Last edited:
Giffords went there for purely propaganda and political purposes to try to sell gun control. She was not being a noble actor. You called it, the state rep didn't want her people used as political pawns and she had every right to express that opinion, no apologies necessary. You commiecrats have no compunction about exploiting anything or anyone that will help sell your unconstitutional bull shit. So just leave the folks alone, let them heal and don't try your crap on their backs.

Perhaps, since she was a victim of gun violence, she feels like she can give some sympathy and understanding to the victims. They don't have to meet with her. Sounds more like a turf issue with the "my towns" comments. It is actually our towns, not the politicians.

Then: Talk about Benghazi and Obama's failures, you are evil for politicizing a tragedy.

Now: Say you don't want anyone politicizing this tragedy, now your evil for NOT allowing THEM to politicize a tragedy.

Last edited:
since when is representing a solution to a tragedy not a political event ? - when the NRA says to buy more guns ...

What happened to Giffords was awful, but it doesn't mean that she is off limits to criticism when she pursues her political agenda. If she is back working, she needs to be ready for others disagreeing with her. If that is something she can no longer tolerate, it's time to retire.

What an outrage. How dare a politician be concerned about protecting our Constitutional Rights from others trying to take them away.

What happened to Giffords was awful, but it doesn't mean that she is off limits to criticism when she pursues her political agenda. If she is back working, she needs to be ready for others disagreeing with her. If that is something she can no longer tolerate, it's time to retire.

she resigned almost a year ago.

thanks for playing

thanks for playing

Point is she's still politically active, come on pull your head out.

Giffords went there for purely propaganda and political purposes to try to sell gun control. She was not being a noble actor. You called it, the state rep didn't want her people used as political pawns and she had every right to express that opinion, no apologies necessary. You commiecrats have no compunction about exploiting anything or anyone that will help sell your unconstitutional bull shit. So just leave the folks alone, let them heal and don't try your crap on their backs.

You sure have it ass backwards. What are you so afraid of?? If Giffords wanted to discuss gun control with them, so what??? I'm sure that was part of the reason for her visit. I never said it wasn't. I think her visit did have a dual purpose. So what???

thanks for playing

really?

how about a link, maobamaboi?

personally, i don't care, but i bet the ignorant twat in ct doesn't get reelected

Last edited:

thanks for playing

really?

personally, i don't care, but i bet the ignorant twat in ct doesn't get reelected

Take a little peek at this regarding Giffords, tell me that's not political.

She met earlier in the day Friday with officials including Connecticut Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman and Newtown's First Selectwoman Patricia Llodra. They talked about the need for changes in gun control laws and greater awareness of mental health issues, including identifying and treating people who have mental health problems, Llodra told USA Today.

Gabrielle Giffords' Newtown Visit: Former Congresswoman Discusses Violence With Officials

really?

She met earlier in the day Friday with officials including Connecticut Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman and Newtown's First Selectwoman Patricia Llodra. They talked about the need for changes in gun control laws and greater awareness of mental health issues, including identifying and treating people who have mental health problems, Llodra told USA Today.

Gabrielle Giffords' Newtown Visit: Former Congresswoman Discusses Violence With Officials

Did you see that she's setting up a fund to fight the gun lobby? She's a politician after all. Sorry as I can be for her tragedy, but she doesn't have the right to attempt to disarm law abiding citizens.

Go after the crazies all you want, but her shooter was looney tunes, but leave good citizens alone.

But she won't. She's part of the propaganda machine and a opponent.

Giffords and Kelly: Fighting gun violence

Gabrielle Giffords and Mark Kelly 9:45a.m. EST January 8, 2013

Our new campaign will launch a national dialogue and raise funds to counter influence of the gun lobby.

Giffords and Kelly: Fighting gun violence

Last edited:

define what is not political.

You sure have it ass backwards. What are you so afraid of?? If Giffords wanted to discuss gun control with them, so what??? I'm sure that was part of the reason for her visit. I never said it wasn't. I think her visit did have a dual purpose. So what???

Hey dipshit!

Does the phrase 'politicizing a tragedy' have ANY FUCKING MEANING TO YOU??

God, you people are such HYPOCRITES!!

Giffords was shot not beatified. Her visit to make a grotesque point was inappropriate.

Forum List

Back