Republican Leadership So Insensitive

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rinata, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Rinata

Rinata Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +971
    I've thought this for a long time now. But this story really pissed me off.

Conn. politician apologizes after saying Giffords should 'stay out of my towns'

A Connecticut state representative is apologizing for a Facebook post warning Gabby Giffords to stay away, ahead of the former Arizona congresswoman's visit with Sandy Hook Elementary victims' families last week in Newtown.

"Gabby Giffords stay out of my towns," the post on the Facebook page for State Rep. DebraLee Hovey, a Republican who represents Newtown and Monroe, said last week.

In the days after, there were several blogs and opinion pieces criticizing Hovey.

On Monday, she issued an apology for the comments she posted online.

"The remarks I made regarding Congresswoman Giffords' visit were insensitive and if I offended anyone I truly apologize," Rep. Hovey said in a statement.

"My comments were meant to be protective of the privacy of the families and our community as we work to move on, and were in no way intended as an insult to Congresswoman Giffords personally. Our community has struggled greatly through this tragedy, and we are all very sensitive to the potential for this event to be exploited for political purposes. This is what I wish to avoid," she added.

Conn. politician apologizes after saying Giffords should 'stay out of my towns' - U.S. News

What crap!!! Hovey is just afraid that the visit might influence people on the issue of gun control. Oh, but she thinks nobody gets it. What possible other reason could she have for caring about the visit?? If the families of the victims did not want to meet with Giffords and her husband they are perfectly able to say so. They did not need Hovey's help. I think Hovey only apologized because she was criticized. Idiot.

$republican_fear.jpg

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. OKTexas

OKTexas New Life Member of the NRA 12/15 Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,258
    Giffords went there for purely propaganda and political purposes to try to sell gun control. She was not being a noble actor. You called it, the state rep didn't want her people used as political pawns and she had every right to express that opinion, no apologies necessary. You commiecrats have no compunction about exploiting anything or anyone that will help sell your unconstitutional bull shit. So just leave the folks alone, let them heal and don't try your crap on their backs.

3. LogikAndReazon

LogikAndReazon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,285
    It certainly is ridiculous. For him to apologize of course....

4. Wolfsister77

Wolfsister77 Knowledge Is Power Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,700
    Perhaps, since she was a victim of gun violence, she feels like she can give some sympathy and understanding to the victims. They don't have to meet with her. Sounds more like a turf issue with the "my towns" comments. It is actually our towns, not the politicians.

5. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    Then: Talk about Benghazi and Obama's failures, you are evil for politicizing a tragedy.

Now: Say you don't want anyone politicizing this tragedy, now your evil for NOT allowing THEM to politicize a tragedy.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  6. BreezeWood

BreezeWood VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +475
    since when is representing a solution to a tragedy not a political event ? - when the NRA says to buy more guns ...

7. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    ct state rep =/= republican leadership

the woman's an asshat :dunno:

8. Duped

Duped Senior Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +672
    Your joking right!

9. Clementine

Clementine Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,748
    What happened to Giffords was awful, but it doesn't mean that she is off limits to criticism when she pursues her political agenda. If she is back working, she needs to be ready for others disagreeing with her. If that is something she can no longer tolerate, it's time to retire.

10. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,789
    What an outrage. How dare a politician be concerned about protecting our Constitutional Rights from others trying to take them away.