Republican Challenger

Originally posted by MtnBiker
If Cheney were to step down, look for Dr Rice to potential take the spot. Imagine a presidential contest between Condeleza Rice and Hillary Clinton. Whoa
Although I think Condoleeza Rice is extremely intelligent, she doesn't have what it takes to be an elected official. She's missing the smarm gene!

Moi, you keep shooting me down. :D
No, No. It's not you. I just think that the Republican party ought to start grooming people and supporting them. It's obvious to me that they are ignoring the future- Condoleeza Rice is a great person. I think she's got more brains than most of the guys in washington - democrat or republican. But unfortunately, she just doesn't strike me as electable. Guiliani is great too. He was my mayor for years. I would have voted for him as my senator. Hell, I even like Pataki.

However, in failing to give exposure to their more mainstream acceptable republicans, they are shortchanging the future. Tom Ridge? He's completely impotent. Christine Whitman? Completely discredited in Washington.

Yup, there needs to be more depth there. Governers are a great place to look. Jeff's suggestion on Gov. Owens from Colorado I like. We will probably see more development in about 2 1/2 to 3 years. Lets get through the current election year.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Any GOP challenger has about as much chance of winning as Al Sharpton has of becoming David Duke's campaign manager!

(for the slow people on the board, that means none.)

Only nixon could go to china. It would take al sharpton to legitimize david duke. Well that's one theory. The other is that even David Duke wouldn't touch sharpton with a ten foot pole.

There were two other names on the republican side of my sample presidential primary ballot, I had never heard of either of them, and can't remember their names. Bush is essentially running uncontested for the nomination, much as Clinton did in 1996.

acludem

Yup, there needs to be more depth there. Governers are a great place to look. Jeff's suggestion on Gov. Owens from Colorado I like. We will probably see more development in about 2 1/2 to 3 years. Lets get through the current election year.

The search is on, starting November 3rd! (by which time, BTW, I should be an elected official myself.)

(by which time, BTW, I should be an elected official myself.)

Go for it Jeff, I'll vote for you, and get you all the soft money you need !:D

We'll have to see... I'm wanting to run for PCO, precinct committee officer, which is the representative of the precinct to the local Party organization. The current PCO in my precinct is the county party's vice-chair, not to mention somewhat of a friend and mentor of mine. Not exactly the guy to run agianst. But he has told me that he is likely running for a larger office (doesn't know which one yet), which would allow me to run for his current office.

So I should be running, to be more accurate. But no need to raise money... it's $1 for the filing fee, and I doubt I would spend more than $200 on stuff.

More to follow...

Forum List

Back