Repub Issa apologizes then retracts it for the Fox audience

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't see the retraction either. Misleading thread title. If I gave out neg. Rep, I would dock this poster for a huge lie. How annoying.

libs must be desperate to talk about anything but Obama

there is five threads on this petty stuff already and they even got FOX NEWS in there

Well, in the second link you posted Dot, there was an apology and Cummings accepted it. In the first one, he said something different to FOX for the audience but there was no official retraction that I saw. Am I missing something?

being on GOP kool aid channel (Fox) he knew he had to give them the red meat they wanted so he obfuscated. :eusa_liar: He tells one audience (non-Fox drones) one thing, and fox watchers :tinfoil: another. From the OP link:

Kelly asked point blank, “do you apologize to Congressman Cummings?”

“You know I broke no rules,” Issa replied, “and he broke the decorum of the House and I might mention that several years ago Henry Waxman pounded a gavel and said he would have me removed because I was pointing out that he was breaking the rules. We didn’t launch any sort of House attempt, and I certainly didn’t say that he was somehow anti Arab-American. The fact is, that I did things according to the rules, I followed a script and then Mr. Cummings decided to have a quite a hissy fit.”

Why Repub-voters watch an Arab 0wn3d tv station is beyond me. :dunno: They need to be, in Michelle Bachmann's words "investigated" :thup:

murdoch-d880efd2807c2b5cf279e8fcc454cfc44673daad-s3-c85.jpg

It was Lerner who took 5 multiple times rather than tell the truth about using the IRS to silence Obama's critics. Yet the libs are concerned about Issa cutting off that blowhard Cummings after the hearing was ended?? Cummings told Issa, "you can't run a committee like this."
It seems to me someone should tell Lerner, Cummings and Obama you really can't run a government like this, at least not in a free nation.

The repubs should,at a minumum , censure that old geezer- Issa (R).

Issa Accuses Cummings Of Throwing ‘Hissy Fit’ Right After He Issues Pathetic Apology
After cutting off Elijah Cummings‘ mike to silence his criticism of the way he was conducting his witch hunt on Wednesday Darrell Issa told his hometown newspaper, the U-T San Diego, in a telephone interview on Thursday that he had apologized to Cummings for the incident.

Not "geezer", Crimeboss.

Crimeboss Issa.

Anyway..he's an embarrassment.

But then again?

So is most of the GOP.

It was Lerner who took 5 multiple times rather than tell the truth about using the IRS to silence Obama's critics. Yet the libs are concerned about Issa cutting off that blowhard Cummings after the hearing was ended?? Cummings told Issa, "you can't run a committee like this."
It seems to me someone should tell Lerner, Cummings and Obama you really can't run a government like this, at least not in a free nation.

As stated before in another thread..if the GOP was so interested in getting to the bottom of this, they can grant Lerner immunity from any further prosecution.

It would be simple enough.

As stated before in another thread..if the GOP was so interested in getting to the bottom of this, they can grant Lerner immunity from any further prosecution.

Or they could have taken her up on the offer to testify without immunity, just not with dog and pony camera lights on.

The deposition record would still be public.

(Unless Issa were to selectively release transcripts an he did before; his great past time: cherry + pick.)

The repubs should,at a minumum , censure that old geezer- Issa (R).

Issa Accuses Cummings Of Throwing ‘Hissy Fit’ Right After He Issues Pathetic Apology
After cutting off Elijah Cummings‘ mike to silence his criticism of the way he was conducting his witch hunt on Wednesday Darrell Issa told his hometown newspaper, the U-T San Diego, in a telephone interview on Thursday that he had apologized to Cummings for the incident.

Not "geezer", Crimeboss.

Crimeboss Issa.

Anyway..he's an embarrassment.

But then again?

So is most of the GOP.

I said "geezer" because it looked like he was muttering to himself like old codgers do.
cranky.gif
Watch the vid ;)

Or they could have taken her up on the offer to testify without immunity, just not with dog and pony camera lights on.

The deposition record would still be public.

(Unless Issa were to selectively release transcripts an he did before; his great past time: cherry + pick.)

Thats prolly why he's sore at the Minority Leader Elijah because he immediately released the FULL transcript right after Issa(R) & his rw staff released their SELECTIVELY quoted transcript lol

I never heard an apology. I heard Issa say he'd do it different if he had it to do over again. He owes no apology to the Lapdog for the Democrats. The Democrats are quick to call black Republicans, "House *******", while they themselves are the ones with the, "House *******". I'm just quoting them, don't use the "N" word in the 'First Person" sense.

Why grant her immunity? She needs to be indicted along with her co-conspirators in the White House.

I am no fan of the Tea Party, but once again, it was not Issa or any other Republican who used the IRS to trample on the First Amendment to the Constitution by bringing the massive power of the federal government to bear to silence groups whose political views offended him. That was Lerner and her white house handlers. This was the most massive abuse of government power since Nixon, bar none. It shows an arrogance and abuse of power that is unbelievable in a free country.

But why would anyone be surprised when the President has spent years sowing hatred, class warfare and divisive politics on a daily basis purely for the sake of wooing votes for himself and Democrats.

I never heard an apology. I heard Issa say he'd do it different if he had it to do over again. He owes no apology to the Lapdog for the Democrats. The Democrats are quick to call black Republicans, "House *******", while they themselves are the ones with the, "House *******". I'm just quoting them, don't use the "N" word in the 'First Person" sense.

link? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back